Forum Guide #2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TheVSterbro, Apr 3, 2014.

?

Did it help? :D

1. Yes :)

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Kinda, not really

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. NOOOOOOOO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheVSterbro

TheVSterbro New Member

Hello Minetimers once again! I have decided to make another forum guide to help. If you haven't seen my first one, the link is here:
    https://www.minetime.com/threads/forum-guide.6665/#post-87744
    In this guide, I will be explaining things about profanity, spamming, scamming, helpers and colour chat! So lets get on with it :)

Profanity
    You may ask, what is profanity? Profanity is basically just another word for 'bad language.' It is generally considered in society to be impolite and offensive. The use of bad language on Minetime will get you muted for one hour, which isn't very pleasant. Profanity can be very insulting, swearing is harmful to others and yourself. If you or someone is caught using profanity, it is best to report them under 'Player Reports.' Spamming profanity is another harmful thing to players, especially younger kids.

Spamming and Scamming
    Spamming and scamming may sound similar, but in reality, they are very different. Spamming is when a player says a message more than 3 times in a row. On servers especially like skywars, spamming is a very common thing. It is not easy to get rid of, as many people are spammers these days. Like profanity, your best choice is to quickly make a player report.

Nowadays, you will see many reports on scammers. Well, this has to stop! In case some of you do not know, scamming is allowed unless it involves real life money. Scamming is where someone wants to trade money or items in-game, and one tricks the other. Though scamming is allowed, it is not recommended, as you'll get a bad reputation. However, rank scamming is not allowed and will result in a ban or mute. For example, if you bought someone a rank, and they didn't give what they owed, that is rank scamming.

There is some more infomation here: https://www.minetime.com/threads/formal-list-of-server-rules.1393/page-7#post-87720

Helpers
    For those members still posting staff applications, there is no point, you will not be accepted. The submission deadline for staff applications was about 3 months ago! And yet, they haven't been accepted, which is somewhat understandable. For those that are concerned about losing their application, you must not worry, there is always a next time ;)

Colour Chat
    Colour text is commonly used in servers like skywars or skyblock. Ranked players have access to colour text, which is very useful. Colour text is often used to advertise your warp or talking in style :p. There are some guides to help with colour text, such as /warp ColorCodes on skyblock. There is a symbol used for colour text which is-&. It is made by pressing 'shift' and the number '7.' On skywars, you can experiment colours! Using &&33 or &&99 and such.

That is all! Hope it helps all you new players out there!

-TheVSterbro

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Megan

Megan Member

Very useful! Good job!:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. TheVSterbro

TheVSterbro New Member

I'm running out of ideas :p
    Also, thanks :)