Youtube / Streamer Rank

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by IWulf, Jan 21, 2018.

1. IWulf

IWulf New Member

Hello! I have been looking around recently and have noticed that there is not currently a Youtube / Streamer rank. This rank would be given the prefix [Youtube] or [Streamer] and would be given to users that meet a numerical goal of either subscribers or views. Youtube would be given access to post videos about the server in chat and would be allowed to advertise his / her channel. Streamers would be allowed to post their streams in chat and gain active viewers who enjoy the same thing.

Many of the largest servers have this Rank, and it only seems fitting to reward the users who work hard to produce amazing content for the community. Let me know if you guys agree with this suggestion down below! Also try and list a few requirements for these ranks, such as:

[Youtube] = 200 Subscribers, 50 Avg Views.
    [Streamer] 100 followers 20 concurrent Viewers.
    [Famous] 2,000 Subscribers, 500 avg Veiws

Thanks for reading! Have a nice day :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

3. Ollie

Ollie retired moderator
    Premium

I don't think we'll be seeing a YouTuber rank being added anytime soon. I personally think they're a bit pointless like you can still record on the server without a YouTube rank.

4. JadeEpicP

JadeEpicP Forum Enthusiast

I don’t see the implementation of a YouTube rank, or Streamer rank being needed right now. First of all, the player count is so low, that it wouldn’t make a difference for their to be one. Second of all, a YouTube rank, or Streamer rank could easily target players with that rank. Therefor, making it unfair for YouTubers and streamers. Anyway, thank you for reading.

5. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

No, horrible idea.

6. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

It is my understanding that this issue has already been discussed

7. SuperCoolWimp

SuperCoolWimp OOF! OOF!

Well clearly you are wrong. This features the much important stream rank, way way way way different than YouTuber. Gosh Carl I thought you were smarter. (Joke post please don't disagree with me I'm actually really cool guys.)

8. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

oh no
    I am mistaken
    plase 4give

9. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Also most of the time it costs money to have a youtuber agree to film videos of the server and have them as a server 'youtuber' and as already mentioned you can record videos without the rank its just pointless.

10. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

Personally I couldn't really care if there was a 'youtuber' or 'streamer' or whatever rank as it doesn't affect me, but I can't help but point out the need for a youtuber rank, which everyone seems to be missing.
    Providing a youtuber rank would create the needed motivation for people to actually make videos or whatever, and to advertise the server. Minetime would hugely benefit from this, if it were to ever happen.