YouTuber Rank

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Lange05, Dec 3, 2017.

?

Was this a good idea?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lange05

Lange05 Active Member

Hello Everyone!
    Minetime should make a youtube rank. I think it will get more players to join minetime and play with us.

How to get it:
    You have to apply for the rank. You should have over 1k subscribers and 200-300+ views per video.

Permissions:
    The rank should not have any kits or other permissions. just a prefix to show players that he/She is a youtuber.​

2. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

Would be a cool idea but it would have to be a bit harder to get than 1k subs. 10k subs with an active fan base would be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

I believe there has only ever been one player in Minetime's history to have obtained the 'Youtube rank', being Deadlox. You may have heard of him. He made a few videos on pvpfest a few years ago. Other than that, the staff team have refused to hand out a 'YouTuber rank' to anyone

However, I have to disagree with you. You don't need a 'Youtube rank' to be a YouTuber.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

It would be another hassle for the staff, because they would then be flooded with PM's by kids with 4 subs and like 100 views on one video, saying "hEY gUyS i GoT 4 suBS bUT waTCh MY vIDoEs I wILl GeT beTtER iF i HavE ThE YOuTubE rANK plz plz plz plz" etc..

Don't you think staff have better things to do right now than have all those kind of messages 24/7?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kira

Kira Active Member

a YouTuber rank will not necessarily help the population of the server. It’s more about IF they upload them playing on Minetime. I don’t really see the point of a youtuber rank and it may cause jealousy within the community. As said earlier by @Sir-Teabag the staff would be constantly getting DMs regarding the rank. A youtuber is just another person.

good idea though! & goodluck

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LegendsNOVA

LegendsNOVA Dedicated Minetimer

I completely disagree and I have 3 personal reasons why.

1. It can create jealousy between members.
    2. It's meaningless considering we already have multiple members posting YouTube Videos about PvPs and other events.
    3. It will cause a lot of problems for the Administration.

Sorry...

7. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

To be honest, I don’t think it will cause any problems, I just think it’s pointless. You can be a youtuber without a Youtuber rank.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Anders

Anders Notable Member

@shadeslayer202 was the first and one of 2 to have a Youtuber rank on Minetime. He actually consistently made videos based on Minetime back in its peak, sadly though it was only a fan base from Minetime and super pointless to give him the Youtuber rank. That is why Collin took it away 5 days later. We did at one point have a Youtuber with nearly 500 subscribers log on a few times and Collin attempted to reach out to him but he was already gone. And with that, the idea of youtuber rank on this server.

9. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

The only person I thought who got a YT rank was ghostgaming or something @ghostgamingyt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.