Skywars Guide

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Conscriptions, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conscriptions

Conscriptions Forum Enthusiast

Hello, recently I've been looking at guides and looking at amazement of how professional they are, so I gave it a go! This is the Skywars, official guide. (pinned?)

Basically, skywars is a island-based PvP game where you fight to the death like SG. You have to build to get to the middle and get good loot, while you're equipped with your leather helmet and iron boots. This guide will teach you the basics of Skywars, how to get OP loot, and all that stuff. So here we go!

How to get to Skywars (most people know, but just in case): The portal to skywars should be on this side <<< of the big Empires portal. There should be a portal with a bow in a item frame, and it should say Skywars. If it isn't there, or you're just lazy, type /server skywars

Joining a game of Skywars: To join a game of skywars, simply jump into the big portal located in the middle of the skywars lobby.

One question; When does it start?! Well, when there are the maximum of players (depends on map size), it will start. This is the time where you can get OP stuff. (I'll explain in a minute.) Once the glass on the bottom disappears, you're ready to fight!

How to get OP stuff: One way to get OP stuff is in the middle, by building a bridge across. (Note: People may knock you off with eggs, snowballs, or fishing rods, so be careful.) If you have money, do /shop and get whatever items you need. (Another Note: Money is earned through the helpful command, /vote. Once you do /vote, click on one of the links. These are daily, though, so use it wisely!)

Teaming: Teaming will be allowed on Skywars. If your teammate kills you, do not report them, as this isn't a rule of "don't kill your teammate" along the Skywars rules. Although this may seem unfair, it's technically allowed.

FAQ

Q: Hey! I've been shot off! That person uses aimbot! HAXXXX!
    A: Well, actually, hacks are allowed as long as it doesn't harm a player through DDoS, or if it doesn't harm the server through DDoS.

Q: People are using global chat, how the heck do I use it?!
    A: Do /global and type your message. Executives or higher may use color code, although requires two && instead of just 1.

Q: Someone flies. Hax!
    A: This person will get kicked for flying (or related) by the Minetime plugins, so don't worry about a person flying to islands. (unless they have ender pearls, which are contained by /shop.)

Q: A person got ender pearls in the lobby! How?!
    A: /shop is a command used in the lobby, or ingame. As long as you don't abuse dupe bugs, you'll be fine.

Q: I don't have my rank on Skywars! What should I do?
    A: Email emily about this at
    [email protected]

Last FAQ

Q: Will you have to get forced in the middle?
    A: No. The map will not crumble and you'll not have to be forced in the middle. However, going to the middle will be worth it, as there are incredibly good loots (despise the /shop).

Notes:

This is for new players only, so give some shares of this guide! Other guides are down below.
    Pixel's Guide to the forums: https://www.minetime.com/threads/pixels-guide-to-the-minetime-forums.23487/#post-294115
    Xavier's Guide to the forums: https://www.minetime.com/threads/how-to-forums-forums-guide-for-starters.23247/
    Void's infection guide: https://www.minetime.com/threads/infection-guide.23280/#post-293233
    ArcTrooper's WorldEdit Guide (applies to creative only): https://www.minetime.com/threads/world-edit-guide.21989/#post-285441
    Proof's Creative Guide: https://www.minetime.com/threads/creative-guide.21128/
    My Creative Guide (a confusion sweeper, basically): https://www.minetime.com/threads/creative-guide-2.22258/

That's it, so bye!
    (sorry if this is an incredibly short guide, it is in normal font and has a lot of spaces between text, but can we still get this pinned @Jess ? That would be great.)

-SlimeFlash (a.k.a The Paradox King)

#1 Conscriptions, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

There is only one.
    Other than that it is informative.

3. Conscriptions

Thanks for feedback, I will edit that! :)

EDIT: Edited minor mistakes.

4. Voids

Voids New Member

Well done, good informational guide for people who are new to Skywars. Thanks for the mention of my guide! :)

There are also a couple of spelling mistake like "fourms" but it is actually spelt forums.

5. Conscriptions

You're welcome :)

6. Olivia

Olivia Expert Member

This thread is great for people who are new to Skywars or are having trouble with the actual game, good job! ;)

7. Conscriptions

Thank you! I love all your kind replies!
    although it does make me shy :oops:

8. Voids

Voids New Member

How does it make you shy? Shouldn't it make you more confident! :)

9. Conscriptions

Depends on my mood. I'd say it's both

10. mindlessdream

mindlessdream Dedicated Minetimer

/g will also work.

11. TheLastStraw

TheLastStraw Forum Enthusiast

Some grammatical errors. Other than that great guide!
    He meant portals next to the empires in /hub -survival and skywars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.