Update NCP

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Vaticc0de, Nov 2, 2016.

?

Your opinion

1. Agree

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Disagree

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaticc0de

Vaticc0de Active Member

NOTE: Jawed (yastnaF) told me to post this. If you disagree with any of this it is best to take it up with herself. Now myself having experience with NoCheatPlus agree with a lot of these points, especially the point where she mentions combat checks, (myself being the person competing with clients for the best aura).

A suggestion many people are going to disagree with, and many will agree with (if you disagree state why, thank you)

Old NoCheatPlus (From MC version 1.3)
    No fight_direction check (Boring fights)You can fly when receiving an attack packetGlide upon fall damageMotionXZ speed.Horrendous hit detection (it's from 1.3 ffs)Ancient clients work on it...

New NoCheatPlus
    Normal hit detectionSpeed MotionY/Bhop (Not on latest, up to b1022 only)Combat checks (Makes fights way more interesting and clients are different)Many new clients for it.

Now, my reason for this suggestion is it'll make the server ALOT more interesting now. The NoCheat ver on it now is complete garbage, updating it would bring an actual challenge to the server (auras are actually different, speeds are actually different etc) instead of the boring "boost me" and they're flying around.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Sapphire_

Sapphire_ Active Member

I have to disagree with you on this one. The fact that people can BHOP around is worst than speed hacking. Also, I think people would get mad because there is no more flying in minetime. Also people would just be longjumping too which gets really annoying.

3. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

Bhop doesn't work on latest. (1025/26) and speed hacking like bhop on 1022 doesn't affect hit detection.

https://github.com/NoCheatPlus/NoCheatPlus/commit/3d141f3125bb4ed2d88c419bf7282e4a36f5340c

And imo, fly made everything boring since people would just fly either put of combat or void glide.

#4 Jawed, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  4. Flossie

Flossie Expert Member

5. Ollie

Ollie retired moderator
    Premium

Thread moved to Feedback and Suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vaticc0de

Vaticc0de Active Member

Good luck trying to bhop or longjump on latest, the new check the implemented will make it hard to do that

7. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Dedicated Minetimer

Why the **** is there a NoCheat if hacking is allowed?

8. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

So there's a challenge? lol you'd be surprised how many hvh servers there are that use nocheat.

Otherwise the whole server would be vclippers flyers and regeners. That's just stupid.

9. TeamTyler

Yea well that's the point of hacking lol if you're allowed to hack there shouldn't be a NoCheat

10. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

"the whole server would be vclippers flyers and regeners. That's just stupid."

If there wasn't a nocheat no one would be playing this server. But the nocheat they have now is terrible, and it's getting boring now, reasons already listed. The nocheat determines who has the better client. But with the nocheat they have installed now it doesn't have any proper aura checks and it destroys the hit detection.

Also aren't you from mineverse?

11. TeamTyler

Actually, Skyblock. they're both cringeworthy though.

Oh I see your points on the NC

12. Greehn

Greehn Forum Enthusiast

Supported

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.