The Tower of Asladan - Minecraft Build

Discussion in 'Builds' started by TheVSterbro, Aug 19, 2014.

1. TheVSterbro

TheVSterbro New Member

Hello!

The recent building project that I have been working on is finally finished! After about two long weeks, the Tower of Asladan has been completed. Before I show you the build, I would like to go into a brief summary of the building structure and the details and blocks put into it.

The blocks used in this build are mainly blocks you'd see underground. This would include cobblestone, stone and emeralds. The other blocks consist of clay, redstone lamps and other miscellaneous blocks that I do not need to include. The general structure of this build is a tower, resting on the roof of the main building. The inside doesn't contain much, except for the floor and roof patterns. The blocks used in the details are mostly cobblestone and stone slabs, stairs. I will get a close-up of the details, just to give you an idea of what it could look like. I'm sorry if the emerald blocks on the roof may look a bit repetitive, next time I will use a different approach.

Time for the pictures! Please note that these builds were done on singleplayer, I have not copied or downloaded any builds from the internet. The build is 100% by me.
    Full view:
    http://imgur.com/VLKo1Ts
    Close-up of the details:
    http://imgur.com/zCR5dBd
    Birds eye view:
    http://imgur.com/8M2ClSU
    Top:
    http://imgur.com/zDzZVMU
    Inside:
    http://imgur.com/4tkTWnX

I'd also like to take this chance to show a preview of my next build! It will be called The Forbidden Land. There will be a small city surrounded by mountains and a huge wall. The wall is for protection and to cancel out any communication from inside. The wall measures 64x64x30 (LxWxH).
    http://imgur.com/ltNDejG

These builds are both part of my build team application. Yes, I still have more builds coming, so I will be very busy over the next few weeks. Hopefully all these builds can get me a chance of getting into the build team!
    @H3vah @Mayo915

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dominic

Dominic Forum Enthusiast

Nice,

It looks derpy just a straight up cylinder with details. The corners look derpy too o3o

3. TheVSterbro

TheVSterbro New Member

Yeah I kind of stuffed the corners up :p

4. H3vah

H3vah Forum Enthusiast

(I don't know what to say about this that I haven't already said in your other 2 threads about this build)

5. Joel

Joel Retired Ninja

Absolutely amazing! :)

#BuildTeamWorthy!

6. Gobbletygoop

Gobbletygoop Dedicated Minetimer

You added on the roof!!

7. thefryingpan24

thefryingpan24 New Member

This looks like a tin can. What you need is people. We need evidence of civilization living in that thing otherwise it looks more like a large can.
    At the way that this is right now, I don't thing it's quite build team worthy.

8. Matthew Spencer

Matthew Spencer Forum Enthusiast

Please do better.

#VV4BT

9. thefryingpan24

thefryingpan24 New Member

#VV4BT!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ironaxe1

ironaxe1 New Member

I like it, but I think you may need some more towers, because right now I agree with @Dominic.

11. Jess

Jess Dedicated Minetimer

I know that most builds get told to add more details, but this is a bit overboard. It just looks kind of cluttered, just way too many seemingly unorganized stone stairs. There is not enough detail on the bottom on all the arches and there is just way too much on the central tower. No offense, but in my opinion, it's kind of an eyesore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheVSterbro

TheVSterbro New Member

How about some feedback on my next build? :)

13. TheVSterbro

TheVSterbro New Member

Ok, hopefully you might like my other builds better.

14. Superarragon7

Superarragon7 New Member

The bottom is repetitive and the structural design is boring in my opinion, but other than that I agree with Jess.

15. Mayo915

Mayo915 Dedicated Minetimer

No such thing! What this lacks is
    DEPTH.
    You have only 2 layers. Most builds on the build team have upwards of 3-4 depth layers. Make the roof a little more interesting to look at. add a roof to the tower (turret.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drowninpizza

Drowninpizza Forum Enthusiast

I think it looks pretty neat! I would suggest adding a few towers like others above, and maybe removing some of the unneeded fanciness to simple it out a bit. Just an opinion. Better than anything I could do though, by far!

17. Irusty_

Irusty_ New Member

I think the detail lacks block variation, to me it just looks like stairs, stairs and more stairs with some cobble walls. From far away it looks messy I would suggest putting some full block designs on the main tower like a symbol or somthing that can be seen from far away and that breaks up the detail, also as Mayo said add a bit more depth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Richiecat62

Richiecat62 Forum Enthusiast

To start off, I like it but it's a little too funky.

It needs more variety of blocks. The emerald doesn't go with the stone. All I see is a cluster of stone. I don't think it looks that good.