Factions Suggestions for the incoming reset

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Xavier, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Xavier

Hey Minetimers!

We came up with some ideas for the incoming reset. We would appreciate if you could add some suggestions to the list we currently have and we are open to suggestions to make your game experience even better!

Here is the list of suggestions we currently have:

• Obsidian breaker
    • Removing spawners
    • /Warp wild pvps (/warp wildleft, /warp wildright, etc.)
    • Mob arenas
    • Monthly tournaments
    • /Duel

Thank you for reading and feel free to add your ideas below!

#1 Xavier, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Add /duel like in Skyblock for 1v1's

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Actually, this is a really good idea. A lot of people complain about people interrupting their 1v1's on Factions and Prison. I see a lot of servers with this command and thought it was a very good idea.

4. Xavier

I don't see why we couldn't do that, I have added it to the list. Thanks for your suggestion! :)

5. Templerunner449

Instead of /warp wild, you should just add /wild or /rtp.

6. Angel

Angel Expert Member

Nether wart farms.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Unsound

Unsound Member

I like the idea of obsidian breaker, people used to brag about how their base was unraidable (and it usually turned out to be false), and that would solve the issue completely.

I would keep spawners though, that's the main way to make money on the server and that would hurt the economy. Just make them a bit more expensive so they are sort of hard to get.

We already have the /warp wild pvp warps...Keep them, people love to 1v1 there.

Mob arenas are sort of useless, they give crap awards (I know you can edit the awards) and they weren't popular in past resets.

Tournaments sound bad tbh, we had them in the past and people argued and it was corrupt.

/duel sounds good, but let them select what kit and don't let them keep any of the items.

8. Bradfor925

Bradfor925 Forum Enthusiast

• Obsidian breaker - now that I think of it.. I think it would be good of a change.
    • Removing spawners - if you are going to remove spawners you have to increase the netherwart rate.
    • /Warp wild pvps (/warp wildleft, /warp wildright, etc.) - Great Idea. easier to get to pvp.
    • Mob arenas - Yes, you can get exp for enchanting.
    • Monthly tournaments - Yes with maybe a prize?
    • /Duel - Great for people that just want to 1v1. not 2v3 if you get what I mean.

#8 Bradfor925, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Unsound

Unsound Member

Why don't you give some reason behind your choices? Saying "no" without a reason doesn't really help them.

10. Bradfor925

Bradfor925 Forum Enthusiast

do have a point. I will change that. thx

11. Angel

Angel Expert Member

The economy in previous resets with nether wart farms were much better. With spawners, it allows people to afk for a mass amount of time and get as much loot as they want, without limits or them being active. Nether wart was the main way to make money before this reset, and once spawners were introduced the baltop went from 40mill to 300mill, without any change in shop prices. Also with spawners, everyone online is AFK at their grinder doing nothing but sitting there, while nether wart farming requires a bit of work and is much cheaper and easier to start up. I think the nether wart way is an approach that isn't lazy, and is fair for everyone.

12. Unsound

Unsound Member

Nether warts are a good idea, must have missed it. But people will still have to AFK for the warts to grow, so there will still be people on AFK if you thought that was an issue. I do agree with your side. But like others have said, the price of selling/buying warts would have to go up as well as the soul sand. I wouldn't mind also having a lower rate of growth? (Not to the point of prison rates, but in the 80%-90% range.)

13. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

/f top winners:
    Now that /f top works and is an official thing, I'd like to see more added towards it. Minetime factions hasn't got much that you can do with your own faction other than farming and raiding others. If there was a prize every two weeks or so (how ever the staff choose to do it) for the number one faction on /f top, then I believe many factions would compete against each other for it. This is something I'd like to see on Minetime, factions competing against each other more often.

Obsidian breaker:
    I understand last time this question was asked, the factions community was divided into two over this question. I believe Minetime has never grasped some of the true aspects of factions, such as raiding. Raiding can be near impossible on factions, and it doesn't take an immense amount of effort to be the best, but rather time. If obsidian breaker is implemented, you wont need client tricks to get into bases, you wont need insiders constantly, but you can have a fair chance just like everyone else. Many factions sit in their base, farming for hours upon hours and call them selves, ''good''. I'd like to see a much harder and competitive community within factions.

Adjusting spawner prices, and adding new ways to make money:

The economy on factions is far too rich and easy. Some of the spawner prices don't make any sense, such as Creeper spawners and Iron Golem spawners. Both of these drop loot which can be sold for the same price in the shop, although a Creeper spawner will cost you 2 million, where as an Iron Golem spawner would only cost 1 million? Not only that, but the selling prices for mob loot is far too high. I'd also like to mention how the only way you can earn a good amount of money is through spawners, therefore I'd like to see farming nether warts become another reliable source of making some money, even farming sugar cane, seeds, ect.

Kits:
    Kits were removed due to EULA, although it would be nice if players could earn kits for in-game money or rewards, such as rewarding them through crate keys or even the /f top winner suggestion above. I'd also like to see kits with decent loot, rather than Admin kits containing protection 3 which would only be useful for the start of a reset.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Angel

Angel Expert Member

I feel like the growth rate was always just fine. Nobody was ever too OP on factions the way it was before, the price of things doesn't really need to go up. And with nether wart farms, you're afk for about 45 mins tops then farm. While with spawners, you can be afk for much much longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Wow, that is such a good idea! I most definitely agree with you on this one.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. BananaTiger

BananaTiger Forum Enthusiast

As a person who has played factions consistently since 1.7 I would have a few things to add...
    • NO OBSIDIAN BREAKER! This would just take the whole point out of making a base... There is no such thing as an 'Unraidable Base'...

• Maybe add mob arenas and keep spawners? I also suggest using the same plugin that were used for the mob arenas in the first 1.8 reset.

• Now my POV in the warp wild pvps is that they just shouldn't even be a thing... Factions is supposed to be pot pvp, and when you add the wild arenas people just run in, hit you a few times (Or scoop all you P4) and run out. I would prefer the pvp the way it is right now...

• Monthly tournaments sounds pretty cool to me, but you might want to consider trying to expand the player base before adding this.

• /Duel also sounds nice, but I feel as if no one would even bother to try to earn P4 or pvp if they could just /duel.

Please consider my opinions...
    Thanks! ;)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

I'm sorry but I actually highly disagree with you on a lot of things.
    Mob Arena gains you XP as well as spawners. I don't think you need double XP grinders.
    Warp wilds are fine but even though people run in and out, that's what /duel is for.
    Monthly tournaments are actually a way to gain players. If you think about it, every time MineTIme does a tournament, a large amount of people show up. If we have monthly tournaments on the same day or date, people would know that so they could come and play. They might advance into Weekly tournaments. That could gain a lot of player status as well.
    With /duel, you could earn prizes or even keep the p4 you earn. /duel is just a way to 1v1 someone without any interruptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Xavier

19. Kyleep

Kyleep Retired Moderator

incoming lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

More wilderness? Or maybe try the plots faction thingy... idk?