Staff Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Collin, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

Hello Minetimers!

I'm excited to announce that the long awaited, highly anticipated Helper applications are finally here. We are accepting volunteer staff members with the goal of creating a friendlier, safer Minetime community. If you plan on applying, please read this entire thread carefully. A link to the application form is included in this thread. For more information on what being a staff member on Minetime is like, see this thread. Applications will be open from June 17 to June 24.

Below are the qualifications for applying. If you do not meet these qualifications, please do not apply to be a staff member, as your application will not be accepted. These qualifications are non-negotiable. Some qualifications are not listed here and will not be made known publicly.
    • You must speak fluent English
    • You must have an appropriate Minecraft username
    • You must be completely familiar with our network's rules (www.minetime.com/rules)
    • You must have a Skype account and an email address and be able to use both to contact us
    • Your accounts (Minecraft, email, forums, etc.) must be secure (16+ character secure passwords) and 2-factor authentication must be enabled wherever possible
    You must have an account on our forums to fill out an application. You will submit your staff application by visiting this link and answering the questions. The application form contains 5 questions about your personal information, 5 Minecraft-specific questions, 4 Minetime-specific questions, 2 questions about your mental health, 4 short answer questions and 1 essay question. You will be able to submit applications from June 17 to June 24 (US Central Time). If you try to visit the application form before or after those dates, it will give you an error that says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." You will get this same message if you try to view the form after you've already submitted an application.

Your application must be entirely honest. We can almost always find out if you lied in your application. If we catch you lying, your application will be denied and you will be blacklisted from submitting subsequent staff applications. You're applying for Helper, not Moderator. You can work your way up to Moderator in time by being an active staff member who follows our staff guidelines. If you contact us reminding us to look at your staff application or ask us any question that is already answered in this thread, your application will be automatically denied. There is no specific limit to the amount of staff applications we're accepting, but we're only going to accept up to a reasonable amount. If we somehow received 500 exceptional applications, obviously we'd have to enact some sort of limit.

If your application is accepted, we will send you an email congratulating you and asking for your Skype username. Once we have you on Skype, we will send you our staff documentation PDF, make sure you've read the whole thing, and give you your Helper rank. If your application is denied, we will send you an email notifying you of that. If you're curious about the commands and abilities Helpers get, see this image (screenshot from our staff documentation PDF). Moderators get more abilities, such as the ability to permanently ban players. Certain things will boost your chances of being accepted, such as being active on our forums or having purchased something from our webstore, but everyone who applies and meets our qualifications has a chance of being accepted.

Outside of giving you questions to answer, we will not offer you advice on how to format your application. If we setup a bunch of presentation requirements, then we will not get to see how you naturally write and format. What I will say is if you're spending lots of time worrying about how you should format your application, you're doing it wrong. All applications will be processed and all users notified of their acceptance or rejection by July 1. If you have any questions about Helper applications that are not answered in this post, feel free to ask them below. Remember, the application form will be open from June 17 to June 24 US Central Time.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    ---> Application Form <---
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+​

#1 Collin, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. cheesepie134

cheesepie134 New Member

I look forward to the applications being officialy open.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. ByPassed

ByPassed Dedicated Minetimer

Same Aswell! Cant wait to see who applies!

#3 ByPassed, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  4. Claire

Claire Forum Enthusiast

Good luck to all applying!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Brandon

Brandon Forum Enthusiast

Looking forward to helper applications tomorrow, good luck to everyone that applies, you're going to make a huge difference in the mine time community. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ADAMATOR1234

ADAMATOR1234 Expert Member

Looking good.

But you confirmed an age restriction, will that be released along with the applications?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Goat

Goat Forum Enthusiast

Cant wait, Its looking good for now :)

8. Xavier

Good luck to everyone who plan to apply! :)

9. RaGe_QuItSz

RaGe_QuItSz Forum Enthusiast

I can't wait to read other staff applications, and of course, apply myself! :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. StarfletcherBANNED

StarfletcherBANNED I can have whatever title I want

*scratches head* :S

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Salty_Pretzel

Salty_Pretzel Forum Fanatic

Good luck to everyone who's applying. I would apply if I had a computer to play minecraft on and if I had Skype, but oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

You won't be able to read others' staff applications. When you submit one, it will be automatically posted (by Emily's user) to a private section of the forums. The primary reason for this is because we ask for some semi-personal information in the application (such as your email).

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Parker

Parker Retired Staff Member

Good luck to everyone applying! :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. xillusionxxmc

xillusionxxmc #GhostArmy

Good luck to everyone who wishes to apply! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. bub_green

bub_green Dedicated Minetimer

Good luck to all I would submit but I don't have skype

16. bub_green

bub_green Dedicated Minetimer

..... It was more than 3 days

17. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

IIRC Joel and Nuggets were promoted to Moderator 1-2 weeks after receiving Helper, but to answer your question, no.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

I'm not sure why you're so upset, but I can assure you that our Moderators do not DDoS people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

I can't wait to apply! Good luck to all!

• Like Like x 1
  20. DemonShadow

DemonShadow New Member

Good Luck to all! I wish everyone, who is applying, wisdom, thought and good judgment. Balance out your essay! ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.