[Skype] AdvOR Guide Setup and Tutorial

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Camel, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Camel

Camel Member

Hello MineTime, I Camel I'm just a new member to the community I would like to be of use to the community and maybe help people that can't seem to hide their IP over skype.

So Tyler made a good tutorial on how to Hide your Ip the problem with it is there is a number of ways to get an IP from someone that has Direct connection enabled the easiest being with a Deob or wireshark.

What is AdvOR?

AdvOR, stands for advanced onion router meaning it filters your ip and has layers much like an onion, I my self and a few of my friends do you this method to hide our Ip addresses, it is fast and easy, there is no true way to stay completely anonymous over the internet but this is as close as you can get.

Pictures of AdvOR

https://gyazo.com/2db9db13c105e90e125ad38ef6fed8d4

https://gyazo.com/82e64f3286117f13004e24282cc00439

Downloads

https://sourceforge.net/projects/advtor/files/

You're going to want to download the latest version which is AdvOR-0.3.0.20

OK Great, Now you have AdvOR downloaded time to set it up.

Setup

Close skype

You're going to need to run the "SkypeProxySettings" as an administrator in the folder AdvOR folder, If it doesn't work manually edit it in the connections area (Tools/options/Advanced/Connections).

Now run the application AdvOR as an administrator and click connect, it may take a while to connect and pass through relays as this is the first time you are connecting to the OR Network.

Once it connects click new Identity and run skype but don't sign in yet, Click the tab on AdvOR labeled processes, Scroll down and check the box named Skype.exe.

Now Sign in to skype and Click new Identity I advise you to use the location Luxembourg and either use the Node Orion or Destiny considering they are the fastest at 60Mb

Congratulations you set up AdvOR as a Proxy/VPN, It took me some time to make this tutorial so a Like would be appreciated :D

If you need any help feel free to pm me with your questions.

2. Volga

Volga Expert Member

Did this guy really just make an account just to promote this application in a way and read Tyler's entire thread on Skype safety just so this doesn't seem sketchy? All you really need to protect your skype is to borrow your parents credit card each month and use 5 dollars for a VPN.

3. Camel

Camel Member

Yes I came to the forums to promote skype safety, why else would I join the forums, I am a friend of pile I thought I would join the forums and give the community a method of hiding their IP through skype, a common vpn uses one relay so yea its worth 5 dollars sure, but OR uses 3 relays to filter your traffic and its free so you tell me what's better.

4. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

5. UnBanMe

UnBanMe New Member

Don't use Skype. You're welcome

6. Goat

Goat Forum Enthusiast

Or stop giving everyone your skype....

7. Camel

Camel Member

Well it would be better to not make your Ign your skype don't you think

8. Goat

Goat Forum Enthusiast

I have protection already so i wouldn't mind, my ign also isn't my skype name, but i know what you're trying to say.

9. west

west Forum Enthusiast

thanks ill try this on discord

10. cancer_chan

cancer_chan Dedicated Minetimer

but getting ips over skype doesnt work anymore??

11. YargiFFA

YargiFFA Forum Enthusiast

Who honestly cares if someone finds my ip? Haha
    I have 2200 Contacts on Skype and nothing happens to me.

Advice: dont worry about someone having your IP. Its really pointless.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

this.

there's really nothing you can do if you have someone's IP.

oh no you booted me offline time to restart my router and get a new IP.

someone who finally knows.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Camel

Camel Member

Ddosing, Ip2skype does work, Resolvers don't work.

14. Pile

Premium

Just to correct you, users can still run an older version of Skype and get IP addresses that way.
    I disagree here.
    While it may be most common for kids to pull IPs for a DDoS attack, those addresses can also be used to narrow down a location of a person. Used along with a few other bits of information you could easily find a person's real name then actual home address. Those things can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. YargiFFA

Okay. I see your point but I still think that someone having my IP is useless. I'll explain why here. But before I want to start this conversation, I would like to say I have no interest in arguing so for anyone out there saying "oh he is disagreeing with him/her and trying to argue" no, that's not what I'm doing.
    Okay, so let's say someone has my IP and Ddosed me. First of all, they are already breaking the law. Second of all, I can just reset my router or use a wifi hotspot.
    And now let's say someone has my real name and home address. Then what? They are not going to come and do anything to me. I'm already giving out my real name on the internet. Why would i care if someone knows where I live? What I'm trying to say is that 99% of the time, nothing's going to happen. Its just waste of their time. But that 1%, might be a legit serial killer but that's a pretty low chance of them coming and harming me.

16. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

People still use old skype?

And not really. It only finds the location of where the ISP server is located. You can't quite narrow it down. You'll only get the vague info of a state.

Honestly I don't get why people are so scared of their IP being out there. It's most likely already out there in a database leak anyways lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

I don't understand your logic here. Really? A wifi hotspot ? You do know that hotspots come from phone data plans. Hotspot wifi is not good wifi. Playing a game on Steam or Xbox would be impossible.

What you're basically saying here is you could give all your personal information to anyone, and you wouldn't worry a bit. Maybe the first person that got your personal information wouldn't come to your house, but more likely than not, they would probably go tell someone else. And eventually, the information would go to someone that does want to do something.

18. YargiFFA

I use Xfinity Wifi on my Macbook and it works really great?
    I can play minecraft and watch youtube at the same time. Im not talking about my phone hotspot. Its the global hotspot that Xfinity wifi provides

19. YargiFFA