Rejected Rules Update

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by TotalDerper, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotalDerper

TotalDerper Expert Member

With the rise against Mojang's End User License Agreement (EULA) that this server no longer agrees to, I believe that the rules should be updated along with these changes. Now I know that this subject should have been suggested a long time ago but opportunities for the server to gain beneficial donations have been missed because of the outdated rules. Such rules were compliant with the EULA terms but are no longer necessary such as transactions involving actual money which can actually help the server with its funding and ability to thrive. Most servers don't have this rule and they're financially stable. Chargebacks would have to be bannable so the owner wouldn't have to deal with disputes. But other than that I believe that IRL transactions would be beneficiary and helpful to the server and that's why the rule should be removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

So basically, you want Chargebacks to be removed from the rules?

3. TotalDerper

No, we can keep chargebacks just remove the rule of not allowing IRL transactions which involve donations to the server.

4. TotalDerper

What I'm saying is that the rules should be updated to properly suit the controversy whether it be against EULA terms, however, my point is that many successful servers gain a higher player database without this ruling. The trading of items with IRL currencies could provide a higher and much more appealing population because of the time it takes to get some specific items which are in demand. Generally, I would prefer a server without a higher amount of people rather than a dead a server.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Spring

Spring Committed Minetimer

Trading in-game items for a donor rank is a good and bad idea.

Positive: Supports the server
    Negative: Some people chargeback which makes the server lose money.

All other trades involving IRL money should remain prohibited.

6. TotalDerper

That's why I still believe that the Chargeback rule should still be enforced as a way to limit the number of people charging back because players most likely don't want to get permanently banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.