PvPFest is DEAD

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by TheRealAnarhaj, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealAnarhaj

TheRealAnarhaj Dedicated Minetimer

As many of you know, most OP players that have been playing for a LONG time on PvPFest like me, no longer play.

Players such as, Realnick, iPunt (superamn125), Bobberx1, Booookaa, jonespwns, M4, KillAttack, minetimebeast, ksawery4, me_goes_meow, MLGSheep, MadeInMurica, prescar (Yash) and many many more.

This is because speed hacks were taken away.

Basically, many no ranks who didn't have fly, kept arguing that speed hacks are too op for them. These people are the ones who play for a week then leave. And of course there are much more of them than Admins/Commanders so they won.

Speed hacks were taken away. Since that day, no one really liked PvPFest.

Furthermore, P4 is long gone. Everyone loved P4, and once again, the no ranks were jealous they couldn't get it and they shouldn't kill the admins with p4. Face it, it's the /fly people that REALLY run the server, not the premiums and MVPs. Now Vclip is also patched.

If C0llin brings back these features, I guarantee that many people will come back to PvPFest,

I definitely will.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. InkyPinkyPonky

InkyPinkyPonky New Member

MadeinMurica, MLGSheep, and KillAttack were, and still are ez p3

prescar is not ez but it's fun watching him rage (sorry pres xD)

Also, p4 is not gone.

3. ikbenbjorn

ikbenbjorn Forum Enthusiast

ok for example... 200 people play PvPfest and 20 ranked/hackers use speed hacks 180 get annoyed or think it's unfair what is better to play fair and pvp all like it use to be or lose 180 people who get dissapointed... while the admins are already OP enough....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. StarfletcherBANNED

StarfletcherBANNED I can have whatever title I want

If they stayed pvp would be too repetitive. I'm pretty sure a new reign, who may even be better than them, might come forth in the future.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Ryanm1912

Ryanm1912 New Member

The people who "play for a week than quit", quit because they probably couldn't be able to fight against people with "speed hacks" or fly. If that is removed which I think it is (I'm new) than maybe more new comers such as me would play more. This is just my honest opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. GhostyBush9815

GhostyBush9815 New Member

I 100% agree. As you stated before, many of the fun features of pvpfest were taken away or patched, which I believe made the gameplay a lot more borring. When I joined pvpfest back in September of 2013 as a no ranked player, I had a ton of fun because of the small amont of hackers I encounterd on a daily basis, this pushed me to buy admin a mounth later. I remeber fighting all those Op players (some were my team) and having a awsome time doing it because before and even now I don't care at all if I were the die because its all part of the game. I remeber having huge battles with like 10 admins all going at it to the death. But recently (last 3 months) ive haven't encounted many or any good players when I would go online, there are mostly just new nooby admins which I ussally just killed with splash potions :p In conclusion I've retired from pvpfest until new features or anything for that mater get added. If I feel nothing will be added I might giveaway my account (which is timeless) to a random winner.
    Edit: If anyone is interseted, I will be giving away all my armor and stuff I have left in my echest which is p2 and some fish and a Super #Sweg Bowl!!! Just say if you want it and I'll give it to you maybe today or tomarrow.

#6 GhostyBush9815, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. TheRealAnarhaj

Well Timeless does cost like 200 so I think speed hacks should be added.

The difference between timeless and admin is $105, and the only thing they get it /heal...

C0llin promised a kit when it first came it, but nothing changed.

8. ChrissyPoo

ChrissyPoo New Member

I 100% agree with you.

9. hornom123'

hornom123' New Member

Pvpfest hasn't died because a few players left. Don't overestimate yourself. Also, Collin has said many times that he doesn't want this to be a pay-to-win server. Speed hacks were taken away for a good thing, and if you need speed hacks to play pvpfest then that doesn't make you good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HellHunter

HellHunter Dedicated Minetimer

Speed hacks are allowed.

Although, I'm not sure if you are talking about no glitch back, or 2.1 fly speed. (As of resilience)

11. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

Hi,

I disagree with you on this. While I do think that PvpFest could eventually use a reset, I don't see see how the removal of speed hacks and protection iv armor were bad things. Both of those things made PvpFest easier for newer players (who no longer had to worry about being rapidly approached by powerful players who were obviously using speed hacks) and more fair for everyone. I didn't remove protection iv armor, it was just eventually phased out. I think it's good that it's gone, though, as that also makes the server easier for new players and more fair overall. Old players aren't going to stick around forever. Most of them probably grew tired of PvpFest, kit pvp, or Minecraft in general and that is a completely natural thing.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. TheRealAnarhaj

You have a very good point.

However, it's just not as fun without the speed and P4 in my opinion.

13. Creeper_Bren_22

Creeper_Bren_22 Dedicated Minetimer

14. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

Did they actully get rid of the flying speed hacks?:)

15. HellHunter

HellHunter Dedicated Minetimer

They did not get rid of the flying speed hacks.
    Although, I'm not sure what speed hacks he is talking about.

16. ChrissyPoo

ChrissyPoo New Member

Wuter spriknmkalerss

• Bad Grammar/Spelling Bad Grammar/Spelling x 1
  17. LUCASBRAGZ

LUCASBRAGZ Dedicated Minetimer

Would a new map bring players back?

18. ChrissyPoo

ChrissyPoo New Member

Yes.

19. LUCASBRAGZ

LUCASBRAGZ Dedicated Minetimer

Then I reckon they should make a new one...

20. Mw9247xxGaming

Mw9247xxGaming New Member

I am commander and I am glad speed hacks vclipping were taken away. So don't assume just because you don't like it that all admin and commander don't.
    People are always complaining that there a few people left in minetime and everyone is quitting. Well how do you expect the community to grow again if the new players joining just end up quitting after a week because admins and commanders kill them all the time in p4.

They will just move to a server with a more level playing field. So minetime will just lose more players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.