Infection Poll on hacking on Infection

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ooty, Feb 12, 2018.

?

What is your opinion on hacking on Infection

1. Allow it

84.6%
  2. No opinion

10.3%
  3. Don't allow it

5.1%
  1. sepp

sepp Member

Minetime will never forbid hacks on any, one separate server. If hacks were to be disabled on one server, it would require all the servers to follow that same rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ooty

ooty Forum Enthusiast

Joke? I wasn't making a joke, I was just stating my opinion & telling it as it was during 2015.

3. ooty

ooty Forum Enthusiast

Your logic is very sound, but believe it or not they went against that logic & banned phasing & gliding to unreachable places & put barrier blocks around maps to prevent gliding // map jumping.

4. ItsAustin

ItsAustin Dedicated Member

I just don't understand why you would want to not have hacking allowed. Minetime has and always will allow hacks. though they might patch/counter certain hacks they are still allowed. And hacks were allowed in 2015.

5. ooty

ooty Forum Enthusiast

Well yeah, I don't understand why people would not want hacks to be allowed on Infection either, but for some reason there was a phase that occurred where many players came on to the forums & had a different opinion.

About you claiming that hacks were allowed on Infection in 2015, whether that was just my memory being rusty or not, there was a point where they banned hacking for most useful purposes on Infection alone; to quote the rules thread:

"On Infection: phasing into blocks, flying/gliding under the map, or anywhere other players can't reach you. If a player is a Zombie, it's allowed but not as a Human."

This did not used to be on the server rules thread during 2014, but it is there now if you check the in depth explanations spoiler on the thread. Basically, what my thread is about is 'do you want to keep that statement in the rules or do you not'.

#45 ooty, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mantio

Mantio Dedicated Minetimer

They already allow hacking on Minetime if they didn't allow it on infection it would throw people off I think.

7. Mantio

Mantio Dedicated Minetimer

But that's just my opinion yours could be different.

8. ooty

ooty Forum Enthusiast

My opinion is the same as yours.

Btw, they did allow hacks on infection originally, but they banned it eventually. Check the rules.
    I have special access to Infection, and I can tell you that they have kept barrier blocks around every map exposed to the outside.

Considering the voting that has occurred on here, I must say - I am surprised they haven't relinquished them.