New Server suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by TheMexicanMouse, Nov 9, 2014.

1. TheMexicanMouse

TheMexicanMouse New Member

I TheMexicanMouse have thought of a brilliant idea, now mind you it wasn't all my idea, but i think there should be a new game mode. ik that empires is still new but this new game would be revolutionary to some extent. i would call this organized crime, in which the object is to gain wealth by doing jobs, on the tekkit version of this the few ways to make money were to sell kush, which was easy to make, and sell to other players, it is based in a closed map with an outer mine surrounding it, but we'll get to that later, starting from the center out. First you begin in prison, you work to get a meek $500 by selling cobblestone to a sign, then once you have it you go to an area an do /warp exit once you exit there's a new players mine, and a hotel the hotel rooms are small and cost very little, but the rent doesn't last long, The entire premise of the game relies on Renting properties, any property other than hotel rooms will be rented for a week but you can add onto that time simply by clicking the buy sign over and over again if you have the funds. the highest time you can put on a house is a month or 4 weeks, for example lets say a house costs 1k, if i wanted to rent it for 4 weeks i would need 4k. Understand? Once you have gotten your hotel room you mine in the new players mine to sell ores and things in that mine. The new players mine is not a good place for resources really but its in the safe zone. which is the inner city. on the contrast the outer city is pvp. The outer city line is shown by a line surrounding the inner city the Mine that surrounds the map that i mentioned earlier is where the best resources are but its in outer city therefore pvp is enabled. so once you've graduated out of a hotel room into a house you can mine the outer city mine and make guns for yourself, the tekkit version of this used Flan's Gun Mod, and it worked terrifically, also a key thing to this is use of the mod Mekanism, in order to use machines to achieve varius things. Once you want to make money by selling kush, you get bones and shears and use the grass placed inside your house to harvest grass, then once grass is obtained, you need paper, so you farm paper, combine the two and get Kush. this kush can be sold in inner city for a low profit or outer city for a higher profit but again its in outer city to pvp is enabled and people can kill you and take your kush. So theres the basics, I would enjoy this server ALOT if it were actually made I would help you create it along with the build team and everything. If this gets launched i would want to make it to where there's actual things to do other than pvp. such as bank robberies which give money if completed successfully but they have to be difficult and would be similar to a mob arena but with objectives and they must have an end, also you would be using your own items and if you die you lose them. high risk high reward type payouts. there are numerus other things to discuss if this is considered please read this entirely and think it over. PM me whenever
    -TheMexicanMouse :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GameWorld426

GameWorld426 New Member

+2747447575775

3. daelwolf

daelwolf Retired Staff

paragraphs are a thing

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. StealthRise7

StealthRise7 New Member

I like it. Much better than the current version of Prison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ManicMiner__

ManicMiner__ Expert Member

Look
    I'm
    Using
    Lots
    Of
    Them
    Because
    I'm
    swag

6. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

I think this would be a lot like the ironic sounding Empires server, where you live in a village and have jobs like Fighter, Builder, or Enchanter, etc. When Empires was coming out, I Googled it and I found out about the server, not the custom plug-in Minetime has... xP

Benefits: Making money off ranks and kits sold in game.
    Large income of players.
    More rank attention/want
    Promotes activity on other servers as this one combines Prison, Creative, Factions, etc.

Problems:
    Probably VERY expensive
    Requires high expertise of plugins, placement, and maintenance
    WAY too easy to hack

Overall, this type of server would probably have to be run for 3 months (without problems) to actually break even the large amount of money you are spending for server towers and plugins and RAM, but if it does make it there, this could be the biggest form of income since Empires...

7. Drowninpizza

Drowninpizza Forum Enthusiast

Great idea but, a few things I worry about are lag and it being appropriate for all ages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TheMexicanMouse

I see, I didn't account the age factor but that can be easily tweaked to include other items

9. TheMexicanMouse

but thanks for your imput

10. da_blacky

da_blacky New Member

This sounds wicked

11. spungeh

spungeh Forum Enthusiast

wow. but all the plugins would make this very laggy, i like it alot but... the lag?