Minetime Helper Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Collin, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

It's finally here: staff applications. Before I provide you with the actual content of the application, let's go over a few guidelines, rules and other prerequisites for this activity. I will put them in bullet-point form to keep things simple and well-organized. Applications are submitted in this thread. Please do not post anything or say anything in this thread except for your application itself.

Rules:
    • Don't message staff members asking them to view your application.
    • Be honest--don't provide us with fake information.
    • Don't compose multiple applications.
    • Don't pretend to be someone you are not.
    Guidelines:
    • Use proper grammar--we aren't going to accept your application if you can't properly articulate it.
    • Double-check your application to make sure you've answered all the questions before you post it.
    • Explain your answers. (don't say something like: "I've been a moderator on 420 other servers" without explaining it)
    If you're accepted:
    • We expect you to speak professionally on our network. ("hay guise wuts up" isn't going to fly and neither is "your spamming the chat" or "how was you're day?"
    • We expect you to deal with situations in a mature way.
    • We expect you to not become overly entangled with the gameplay itself. (care more about helping others than winning a round of whatever)
    • Remember that you're here because you want to benefit the server, not because you want a reward for what you do. The administrators and I appreciate all of you for that. :)
    If you're not accepted, we're not going to tell you that. Rather, we will not follow you up on your application. Please note that this is only the first phase of our staff recruitment. After we select our moderators, there will be a short gap of time where we fully setup the Helper/Moderator ranks on our network. Basically, you won't become a Helper as soon as your application is accepted. Also, everyone will start a helper and will have the opportunity to work their way up to a moderator. There's no officially-obtainable staff rank after moderator, but we're not saying that you can't ever attain a higher rank once you're a moderator. We will be finding a reliable way to mix your current rank's permissions with the helper and moderator permissions (as opposed to simply giving helper and moderator timeless' permissions like we currently do). As you may have noticed, there are a few helpers and moderators currently on the Minetime network, but this is the first time we've ever officially recruited them. Application submissions will close and this thread will lock on Tuesday, January 14. The application is below.

[​IMG]

What is your Minecraft username?

How old are you?

What country do you live in (or state if you live in the US)?

What time are you on most often (according to your time zone)?

How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot?

Have you ever been punished on any other server? If so, what for?

Where do you play most on Minetime? You can include multiple servers if you would like.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church".

How much time do you usually spend on Minetime in a day?

Are you a donator? If so, what rank are you?

When did you first join Minetime?

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience?

What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task?

Do you have Skype? If so, do you have a microphone? You don't have to post your Skype username here.

Anything else you'd like Emily, Drake and me to know?

Good luck! <3 -Collin

#1 Collin, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    • Like x 62
    • Agree x 7
    • Friendly x 7
    • Informative x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

-My Minetime Helper Application-

My Minecraft username is ThePixelMaster1.

How old are you?
    I am currently 12 years of age. I will be 13 in July.
    I hope you won't judge the fact that I am only 12, I am mature and, in my opinion, capable of handling this position. I hope that maturity is more of a deciding factor than age.

I live in Ontario, Canada, in the city of Toronto.

I am always on Minetime from 4-5 PM, and I'm usually on sometime around 7-8 PM on weekdays. I can sometimes be on at 10-11 AM on weekends, and also the times listed above (4-5 PM, 7-8PM). I have school and homework, so I can't be on 6 hours a day. I'm fitting Minecraft into my schedule, though, and I'm trying to be online at least 2 hours every day. My timezone is EST. (Eastern Standard Time). I can change the time I'm usually online, if needed.

I have been playing Minecraft for about 6 months. I started in Beta 1.4, I think. I have played Minecraft Pocket Edition since March 2013. I'm on Minecraft for at least 2 hours every day. Minecraft is, by far, one of my favorite games and I play it very often.

I have been muted on Prison before for one hour because I said 'wtf.' I have learned from my mistake. Other than that, I have never been punished, and I don't plan to be in the future. I don't like to pick fights with other players, so I don't usually get punished for swearing and threats.

Where do you play most on Minetime? You can include multiple servers if you would like.
    I play on Prison and Creative the most, and Skywars sometimes. (I've become addicted to Creative recently). Occasionally I log onto Infection, Survival and KitPvP. I'd be willing to moderate on any of the servers on Minetime, though.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church".
    I don't have very much experience in real life with authoritative positions, but I'm currently Treasurer for Student Council at school. In Minetime Prison I've led a couple of factions, and that kind of helps with improving your leadership and decision-making skills, because you have to decide who gets Faction Moderator, how much land you need to claim, and constantly check your faction members' power and deciding whether to kick them or not.

2 hours most of the time, possibly more. At most I can be online 3 hours a day, and at most 4 hours on the Forums.

I'm currently a VIP.

I joined Minetime in June 2013. My friend enjoyed playing on this server, so he introduced me to Minetime. I was just starting Minecraft at the time, and I've made many friends on this server. I started on the Runescape server, collecting resources and PvPing, but when that got deleted, I moved onto Skywars where I improved my PvP skills, made friends and had lots of fun. Then Prison came up. I mined for a few hours a day, and I quickly got to Freeman and then Citizen. Minetime is what keeps Minecraft awesome!

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience?
    I'm good at Minecraft in general, but I don't really excel at many specific aspects of the game. I'd say I'm alright at building. I'm not one of those builders that spend 20 hours on an awesome mansion, but my work is alright. Once I built this Halloween-themed house in creative but then I deleted my .minecraft folder and forgot to backup my worlds :p. I've also spent hours having fun in Creative with my friends and building interesting buildings and objects. I'm good with interior design, and I can make a house's inside look like a specific theme, or just colourful and fun. I'm familiar with the Factions plugin and have been playing Faction servers for a long time, so I know how to manage a faction, decide who to trust, and make sure the members don't go crazy, while improving my building skills, and self-control (not giving too many members Faction moderator because they begged for it, or not claiming too much land for a huge base.) If needed, I can learn a bit about coding plugins- I am a fast learner. I am already familiar with WorldEdit, as I have spent lots of time in Creative messing around and experimenting with //set, //undo, //up and other similar commands. I also know about the PermissionsEx plugin as well as WorldGuard and Essentials.

What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task?
    "It doesn't hurt to try." To reach a goal, you need to be determined to reach it. You need to stay persistent, motivated and you need to know your purpose for achieving it. If you fail, you can always try again. Keep trying until you reach your goal.
    Don't let anyone knock you down. If they do, get back up and try harder, because you're going to get it someday. If you come across a barrier blocking you from achieving your goal, knock it down and move on.
    I would help them with what I can help with, but not fill them with false hope. It all comes down to what they can do in the end- it depends on what they do to achieve the task. Ordinary, everyday people can achieve extraordinary things with a bit of effort and determination.

Do you have Skype? If so, do you have a microphone? You don't have to post your Skype username here.
    I recently created a Skype account. My computer has a built-in microphone.

I have been a dedicated player ever since I joined Minetime. I've logged on every day, voted every day and I try to support the server in every way I can. I know lots about this amazing server as well. I really love to help people. In Prison, I like to give people advice, tell them how to play Prison, how to manage a Faction and that sort of stuff. I like the fact that I can just spend a few moments of my time to make someone's time at Minetime more enjoyable.
    I am a fast typer, and I try to respond to everyone that messages me and answer their question(s) as best I can. I like to message people and talk to them, and just chat and make a new friend. I always type words correctly, so people can actually understand me. I put others' needs in front of my own and I'm very patient when it comes to responding, so even if that person's question is simple, like "How do I join a game?" I'll be happy to answer it, no matter how many times they ask. I'm not a fan of swearing, and I have never insulted or bullied someone on any servers. I know lots about most of the servers so most of the time I answer questions regarding gameplay correctly.
    I know I'm not perfect, so I'll mess up. I won't try to seem perfect and I definitely will not abuse my position if I get it. I am able to be very mature when I need to, and I'm always friendly and want to help out :). I'd also be happy to moderate the Forums- I'm on the Forums quite often. I am always responsible and helpful no matter what the situation is.
    I know that this position is one where you have to be hardworking, dedicated and responsible. I am willing to dedicate as much time as possible to helping this wonderful server.
    I'm not applying for Helper because I want fancy commands or authority over others or whatever, I'm doing it because I want to help make Minetime an even better server than it is now, and make sure everyone's experience at Minetime is a good experience. I am very responsible and will not abuse my position. If I'm not chosen, it's not a big deal, I know there might be someone much more suitable for the position than I am. Becoming a Helper would allow me to help people even further. I will continue to help people out and answer questions even if I don't get chosen for Minetime Helper.
    Many people see this as just the average, ordinary server. But it's more than that. It's a friendly, respectful community where you can just have fun and be yourself. This community shouldn't get ruined because of spamming, swearing or anything of that sort. I want to help maintain this community and make it even better, because this server is kind of like my second home. A lot of extraordinary people are here. I want to help these people understand the gameplay and have a good time. That is why I am applying for Helper.

Have a great day!
    Thanks for reading my application. I hope you take me into consideration!:)

A LOT of changes have been made to improve this application.
    Good luck to everyone that is applying. ;)

#2 Goowy, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Volga

Volga Expert Member

XxFallen_Angel_0

How old are you?
    15 years old

US, Washington (State not DC)

Weekdays:5-9:30pm Weekends: 7-11am/3-6pm (Pacific Northwest Timezone)
    I am also extremely flexible with my time frame and could
    change it if the need rises (Except midnight; sleep is valuable)

I've been playing minecraft for around 2 years and quite often. It's by far my favorite game.

Never (Unless you count being muted by MTmute for saying cucumber xD)

I play on the Factions/Prison server frequently as well as pvpfest and op
    (I also love hunger games and skywars)
    Altar server/Class president/Volga leader in factions (180 members in total and counting)/ Apprentice lifeguard at YMCA (still under training)/ Co-Captain on my wrestling team/Chess club president/Treasurer in Social Justice Club/ Teacher assistant in Latin and Math/
    Oldest out of 7 siblings (By far my proudest achievement)/Suicide Hotlines (I help talk to people considering suicide when they need someone their age to speak to)/Cross Country JV captain/Volunteer and Northwest Harvest (I pack food for the homeless and less fortunate)
    /Student counselor (I talk to kids having problems at my school when they don't want to speak to an adult)/ Kayaking camp leader (A few adults along with myself take children on a week long kayaking expedition during the summer in the san-wan islands)
    As you can see I participate in a large amount of extra activities (I'm trying to beef up my resume for college when that time comes around)
    Most of these activities take place during weekends and summer time and should not get in the way of my daily activities (Besides the camps). I also am provided at least a few weeks of notice before a time consuming activity (So I can easily inform you).

Around 5-6 hours (Wow I spend too much time)

I just recently bought Admin rank.

About 1.2 years ago when minecraft was in 1.5

I consider my self a very good builder, but I also have very basic java knowledge
    (I am an expert in the factions servers; anything from claiming/building to raiding and pvping) I can quickly decide who can be trusted and who can't (due to the massive amount of scammers) I also often beta test mod packages or plugins and so can quickly spot errors within the game (I help beta test bukkit and a game called Aqworlds).
    I would tell them to keep working at it and make the impossible possible.
    (People used to think space travel was impossible, if there's a will there's a way)
    If anything is possible is it possible for something to be impossible?

I have skype as well as a microphone.

I am online quite often in skywars, pvpfest, and factions so if there happens to be a shortage of helpers on any of those servers I'd be happy to help :3
    I can also help moderate forums if your in need of a forum moderator; I'm very active on forums (Top on most notable members)
    I like to msg people and just talk to them and help out if I can.
    I hate liars.
    I can be very mature and efficient when the need arises.
    I feel really bad for who ever has to read all of these applications and apologize for taking their time. (Wow you have a lot of forums to read)
    I can speak Vietnamese (Cannot write) and English (I can get by with Italian/Classical Latin/Spanish)
    Well that's about it, please take me into consideration! ;)

#3 Volga, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. mindlessdream

mindlessdream Dedicated Minetimer

Mindlessdream.

How old are you?
    19. Turning 20 in July.

Melbourne, Australia (GST +10)

Currently, in the holidays, I'm on anywhere from 11am-10pm for a couple of hours at a time. Most often, I'd probably say around 3-4pm.

Since December, 2012. I play a lot of Minecraft - everything from vanilla survival to a variety of custom mini-games such as those on Minetime. Currently, I'm enjoying a CTM map called 'Inspired Gallery'.

If the auto-muter is punishment, I've said some low-level swear words like crap on a couple of creative servers for no reason other than for talking.

SkyWars predominantly, although I pop into other servers like Creative quite often.

I was admin for a top CS:GO Jailbreak server for quite a while, which involved dealing with people breaking the rules, and ensuring our community was happy both in-game and out. When I voluntarily left the community, the server owner told me he was one of the best admins he's had. I left simply because I wanted to play other games, not just that one.

At University I've had some experience working in groups, where I had to ensure everyone was doing their job and knew what they were doing. Needed to communicate effectively to achieve our goals.

Depends on the day, but it is usually at least 1 hour. Sometimes I will play for 4-5 hours though.

Not a donator at this time.

I'd say towards the start of the year (Maybe 8 months). I played some pvp games, and then came back a lot later and have been very active ever since.

I have a wide knowledge of Minecraft, but do not excel in anything particular. I can build basic things, but am not as creative as others. I do not have plugin experience, although I am quite computer proficient (not in any languages). I would be willing to assist in anything of the nature if required!

Those who have achieved their dreams are the ones who stay persistent and motivated, all you need to do is take the opportunities that come your way, and to do your best.

Yes, I also have a microphone.

I'm more patient and understanding than most people, but that doesn't mean I will give leeway just because I'm friendly. I am responsible no matter the task, and am able to handle any situation with the correct attitude.

Thanks!

#4 mindlessdream, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. MannyUnicorn

MannyUnicorn New Member

What is your Minecraft username? MannyUnicorn

How old are you? 13 Years old

What country do you live in (or state if you live in the US)? I live in Canada

What time are you on most often (according to your time zone)? During average school weekdays you will see me on usually around 4:00 PM- 9:00 PM Eastern Time during weekdays or holidays you will see me basically appear and reappear and there is no estimated time for that.

How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot? I have been playing since June of 2012 and I play every day.

Have you ever been punished on any other server? If so what for? I have been muted on Minetime before for accidentally using caps to much but that's because my keyboard isn't the best quality in the world.

Where do you play most on Minetime? You can include multiple servers if you would like. I play a range of different servers on Minetime but mainly you will see me on Sky Block and Factions, but I am planning to start on Survival.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church". I have been admin on a Minecraft server before that was scammed by the person who hosted it for the owner and I help out in my school a lot also.

How much time do you usually spend on Minetime in a day? 3-5 Hours a day.

Are you a donator? If so, what rank are you? I am Enhanced but I have the Potato prefix because I won the Christmas contest.

When did you first join Minetime? I first joined Minetime in November 2012 when Minetime was Lost Islands so I played Sky Block of course. I shared my island with 3 of my friends and we eventually made this huge island we made a public fishing area, that was originally our mob arena but then the server was halted so there was no more mobs so we dealt with it and turned it into a public fishing area, we also had a shop we had a drop party area and tons of other stuff but this was when you did not need to be a donator to shout. Well I logged in one day and found out there was an update when you had to to be a donator to shout meaning my whole entire business was destroyed. So my friends and I went off to another server until Lost Islands turned into a hub. We then began playing factions on Lost Islands but my friends got bored of that and eventually we switched to another server eventually I ended up coming back to Lost Islands except this time it was Minetime with tons of new things to do I got my friends to rejoin it and we started a skyblock once agian. I then donated fast forward a few months I found the Christmas contest and won the Potato Prefix. Now I play factions a lot but Sky Block is my true "Minetime home".

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience? Well I can tell you that I have determination and I have a creative mind I think of tons of things but then eventually they are blown up by reality. But some of my ideas actually work and if they don't I tweak them to make them, here is a cheesy quote "When I see a wall I don't turn around and head back home I climb it."

What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task? I would say to go with your gut feeling if you think that task is what you really want to do then go for it but if you look back and find out that is not your form of talent or your profession you should first go and train yourself to get ready for that task so when you face that task you can walk right past it.

Do you have Skype? If so, do you have a microphone? You don't have to post your Skype username here. My skype username is Manny.unicorn1 and yes I have a microphone.

Anything else you'd like Emily, Drake and me to know? No, not really but if your reading this currently I would like to say thank you for taking time out of your schedule to take time and read this.

#5 MannyUnicorn, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. gradient

gradient Dedicated Minetimer

smartguy27.

How old are you?
    12. I know you might think "This kid is only 12, he can't be mature enough to help us.", but this is not true. Although it would be true for a lot of kids my age, I'm the exception to the rule. I have always believed that age is not an accurate representation of maturity. If this question asked how mature I am on a scale of 1 to 10, my answer would be 9.99. I hope that maturity is more of a deciding factor than age.

Tennessee.

On weekdays, I am on from about 5 to 9 EST. I can't be on every weekday because of homework and other things. I am usually on Friday night from 6:30ish to about 11. On weekends, I am on almost every day, from around 9:30am until about 11pm. I don't play nonstop all day, but these are the times between which I will be on Minetime.

I have been playing since the late alpha stages. I do play a lot. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with it, but I do enjoy it a lot, therefore I play it a lot.

Technically, but it doesn't really count as "punishment" in my opinion. It was a new server, and you could donate $15 to get the /ban command. Someone who had done this banned me because I wouldn't give them my diamonds. It was just a little kid being immature, not really a punishment.

Until a couple days ago, I played on skyblock only. I have recently started playing on prison, factions, and PvPFest more, and I am enjoying playing these new games. I don't play creative much, mostly because of all the annoying "dating" role-plays that go on there. I don't play on skywars or infection much, simply because I am terrible at them. I don't play survival because it has never been fun for me. I would be willing to start playing on these servers so that I could help do my job as a staff member.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church". Funnily enough, I actually do volunteer at my church. I was also on the school safety parol in fifth grade. I used to own a server, but nobody plays on it now, including me. It never really grew, and I got bored after a while. I am a plugin "technician" on a server, and I was moderator on a few servers, but they got shut down.

At least 4 hours on weekends, and from zero minutes to 3 hours on weekdays.

I am an admin. I upgraded from executive to admin during the Christmas sale.

I first joined Minetime when it was Lost Islands and PvPFest. I remember the signs on the Lost Islands wall that showed the specs of the machine on which the server was running. (Good times, good times.)

I won't lie. I am terrible at building, unless it is something like a mountain or river. I have experience with most of the basic plugins, such as PermissionsEx, Essentials, Multiverse, Factions, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, and some others. On a related note, I am learning to code my own plugins.

Unless it was something completely stupid, like the desire to be a very large, purple banana with wings, I would encourage them to try their best, even if I knew they couldn't succeed. I spent a lengthy amount of time pondering this question, yet my answer is still absolutely terrible. Other people are saying things that imply that it could be possible, but if a task is impossible, that means that it cannot be possible, and therefore I can't think of a good answer to this question.

Yes and yes.
    Please don't think of my age as a reason why I should not be a staff member. Like I said, I have always thought that age is not always an accurate measure of a person's maturity. I hope you care more about what I said about my maturity than you do about one number that doesn't represent much more than how long I have been alive.
    EDIT: That last bit sounded a little rude. It was not intended.
    EDIT #2: People often think that I am "bragging" with the username smartguy27. This is not true, it's merely a username. I'm not an idiot, but I'm not Einstein.

#6 gradient, Dec 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. ZombieBoltSpark

ZombieBoltSpark New Member

My username is zombieboltspark

How old are you?
    I am 15 years old

I live in US in New York

I am mostly on around 4:eek:o PM and play until 7:00 PM

I have been play at least a year, but i guess you can make it two years because it is almost 2014 when i am posting this.

No, I have never been punished on this server but to be honest I have been muted once on this server because when I tried to write foggy I ended up writing f*ggy

I mostly play on survival. But I love the other server too.

Yes, I have been in an authoritative position. The position that I was on was grading the tests for a 4th grade teacher because I was a monitor for her.

I play about 3 hours but if its the weekend I play like 4 hours.

No, I am not a donator

I joined Minetime in June but I can't remember the specific date when I joined.

I am very excellent in building. I can make good houses but I can't make structures like a White House or like a statue.

I would say to to chase that dream, never give up even in the hardest times. You can do anything in the world if you try. Nothing can get in the way expect your mind. Your mind determines what to do. You tell your mind if you try more or give up.
    No, I don't have Skype and when I get Skype I will inform you.

I would like to say that I love to help people. I would always give advice to the new people on survival. Another thing is that I don't have Skype is because my mom doesn't allow me to use Skype.

Thank You For Reading My Application :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. tiring

tiring Forum Enthusiast

VioletCupcakes
    How old are you?
    13 years old.
    I live in Virginia, US
    My time zone is EST. So I will usually be on at 4:00 PM - 8:30 PM (Or later/earlier if I have homework or I have
    to do something else, like go on a trip or go to a party)
    I have been playing for about a year, but I only played on single player for most of that time. I play
    a lot, but if I have to do something unrelated that is important, I may not play was much as normal.
    I have never been punished on another server. I always respect other people and play fair. I hope to
    never be punished on a server , unless I did something really bad.
    I play mostly on the Creative and Survival servers, but sometimes on Prison and Skywars. I play on the other servers occasionally, but not always.
    I am the owner of my private server, a Co-owner on my sisters private server and a Co-owner on my friends private server (I also make sure that my friend doesn't rage and greif someone's build on his server). I have
    volunteered to help out with nature clean ups, our schools PTA services, and I have lead our school into our county's Geo Bee finals in the 5th grade. I also help out my sister and her troop at Girl Scouts. Once I got in 6th grade, I was picked to be in the National Junior Honor Society.(I do some other things, but those are private)
    About 2-4 hours (With occasional breaks) if I have an open schedule, and 25 minutes to an hour if I am busy.
    I am currently an Executive on Minetime and I will upgrade to CEO after January or Mid-February.
    I joined sometime in September, after my sister showed me the server and I got interested. I made many friends on the server. They helped me improve my skills and showed me cool tricks. That's why I fell in love with Minetime.
    I am pretty good at building and I have made some pretty good things, but they took a long time to make. I am also good at fixing problems that occur by bugs/mistakes/coding mistakes.
    I'm pretty good at art/desktop art and I make most of my drawings from scratch.
    I would say "Keep your head up, face the challenges, do your best, and never, ever, give up. But always remember, if that doesn't work, try it again." That's what I said to myself when I broke both of my wrists trying to achieve a goal of mine.
    This is my weak spot :/. I have no Skype, because my mom doesn't allow me to have it. I am okay if I can email my email to Emily, so you guys can contact me without breaking my moms strict rules (I cant get one till I'm 15, so I can only use email).
    I really love this server! I am willing to give up my privileges of being free, and to take on the responsibility of being a Helper/Moderator. I hope you consider me for being one and I wish you guys luck on picking them out! Happy New Year! (I edited it because I left a few things out because I was in a hurry)
    Love,
    Violet <3

#8 tiring, Dec 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. Laura

Laura New Member

Minetime Staff Application

My Minecraft username is LaughyLaura.

How old are you?
    I recently turned 14.

I currently live in Texas.

Usually I am on at 1:00p.m-2:00a.m CST, the time I start playing depends on how late I stay up.

I have been playing Minecraft since the beginning of summer, and yes, I do play Minecraft a lot.

No, I have not been punished on any other server.

I play mostly on Skyblock, and I have also started to play a bit of the Survival server as well.

Yes, I volunteer at the Susan G. Komen, Race for the Cure every year, I do not actually run in the race, but I set up tables, tents, and booths, and answer any questions that people have. I also volunteer with my brother, doing things like packing care packages for soldiers, going to the nursing home to interact with the residents, planting trees for community parks, and making blankets for the homeless.

On the weekends I spend around a whole or half a day on Minetime,(maybe 9-13 hours) but the times depend on my scheduled activities. I do not play on school days, but on school breaks, I play almost all the time.

Yes, I am a donator. My current rank is Admin.

The first time I first joined Minetime was around June or July, 2013.

I do not have any plugin experience with Minecraft, but I can work with World Edit.

Dreams are paths to reality, every time you work harder, you are one step closer. Persevere.
    Life is full of ups and downs, and when you fall back, you are the only person that can pick yourself, and keep moving forward. If you really believe that you can accomplish this task, don't give up. There is no on else in this world that can stop you, but yourself. Remember, fear is just an illusion.
    Yes, I do have a Skype, but I do not have a "professional" microphone.

I try to help as many players as I can,(enchanting tools, fixing tools, setting up shops, and etc.) and if I can't help them, I refer to Collin or Emily.
    I am in my schools National Junior Honor Society. Even though hours for NJHS is required, I do not just volunteer for the hours, but I volunteer to solely help the people and the community. As long as I put a smile on someone's face, I know that my work there has been done.

#9 Laura, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. totalawsomedude1

totalawsomedude1 New Member

[​IMG]

What is your Minecraft username? totalawsomedude1

How old are you? 14 as of September 7th, 2013

What country do you live in (or state if you live in the US)? Maryland, US

What time are you on most often (according to your time zone)? 4:30-9:30

How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot? About a month after it came out until present day. I try to play as much as much as I can, seeing as how fun it is.

Have you ever been punished on any other server? If so, what for? I have retained trustworthy to all servers I have played on.

Where do you play most on Minetime? You can include multiple servers if you would like. I mostly play on Skyblock, but I also extremely love the Hunger Games and Prison Server.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church". I was the school president of my Middle School. I volunteer for food drives and cancer runs. I volunteer at child-disability learning centers.

How much time do you usually spend on Minetime in a day? Three to four hours a day.

Are you a donator? If so, what rank are you? Yes, I am an Executive.

When did you first join Minetime? Towards the end of 2012, about November.

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience? I am great with building neat structures, and I just LOVE to use /create redstone contraptions. I am not to good with plugins, although it would be on the top of my priority list.

What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task? I would tell them that they would have all the support from anyone they asked. They should never feel subconscious and that they would be able to do it if they tried their best.Even if they didn't succeed, I would say: It's not about the ending, it's about the journey that it took them to get there.

Do you have Skype? If so, do you have a microphone? You don't have to post your Skype username here. Yes, I always have Skype booted up on my computer. I have a functioning headset and microphone

Anything else you'd like Emily, Drake and me to know? I was "The New York TIMES ' Person of the Year'" in 2006 (Yes, you can go check).
    I am really great with helping as I have solved problems with family and friends since youth(not too long ago).
    I would like to bring in a new mindset to the server and greatly look forward to improve the server, as well as the lives of the people on the server.

Good luck! <3 -Q Hernandez <--My IRL name

[/quote]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. snaker132

snaker132 New Member

Snaker132

How old are you?

I live in Minnesota (State in the US)

Well during school days I am not on much, but when I am it is around 4-6pm. When I have no school I will usually be on around 8-12am or 6-11pm.

I have been playing Minecraft for a few years (2 or 3 I don't remember). I play quite a bit (4-6 hours a day on the weekends or breaks).

I have not been punished on any other servers.

I play mostly on prison, but occasionally I will venture into other servers.

I am an assistant instructor in the karate studio that I go to.

I spend usually a few hours (2 or more) on Minetime if I have time.

I am not a donator.

I don't remember the specific date, but I know it was before the Runescape server was added.

I don't have any specific skills in Minecraft, but I think that I am pretty decent in building terrain and natural things (rivers, mountains, stuff like that).

I would tell them to follow their dream and to not be deterred by failure.

I have Skype and I do have a microphone.

I usually help people who need help (unless they are being very rude), and that is pretty much it. I hope I get to be a helper, and be able to help players more often.

#11 snaker132, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  12. Soda_Pop27

Soda_Pop27 New Member

What is your Minecraft Username? soda_pop27

How old are you? Just about 11 years old

What country do you live in (or state if you live in the US)? California, US.

What time are you on most often (according to your time zone)? On Breaks (Approx. 6 Hours), Right after school (About 3 hours) and Weekends a large part of the day. (Pacific Time)

How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot? I have been playing Minecraft for Approximately 2 years now, and I come on Minetime every day.

Have you ever been punished on any other server? If so, what for? No, I have not.

Where do you play most on Minetime? You can include multiple servers if you would like. I definitely play Creative most. I also play Prison, Skyblock, and Infection.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church". Not really, although I have had to take care of 5 playful puppies for 8 weeks. Not so easy.

How much time do you usually spend on Minetime in a day? I'd say On Breaks: 4-8 hours. Regular days: 2-4 hours.

Are you a donator? If so, what rank are you? I am currently an Enhanced.

When did you first join Minetime? I joined Minetime about 3-4 months ago.

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience? I'm pretty decent at building, but I love doing it. Two of my brothers have owned servers, and my other other brother (XD) is an admin on a server. So I have quite a bit of plugin experience. I also am very good at PVP.

What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task? I would say that Practice makes Perfect and try your hardest.

I have Skype but my microphone does not work. I plan to get a new one sooner or later.

Anything else you'd like Emily, Drake and me to know? I have really enjoyed myself here so far. I hope that you can take my application into consideration, or at least give me a chance to prove myself to you guys, by letting me assist the players in any way I can. :)

13. Sexy_Builder

Sexy_Builder New Member

What is your Minecraft username? Sexy_Builder
    How old are you? 14
    What country do you live in (or state if you live in the US)? New York
    What time are you on most often (according to your time zone)? On school days Monday-Friday Excluding Days off from 4pm-5pm - 8pm-10pm then on weekends mabey 1 or two hours more like 1pm-12am
    How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot? Not gonna lie here I played minecraft for just about mabey since 1.3, but due to playing minecraft as a hobby I know everything about minecraft and have been staff on other server so I do know a lot about being staff.
    Have you ever been punished on any other server? If so, what for? As I said before, not going to lie but for spamming in chat excessively on more than one server and this is some days when me and a couple of my friends are looking for a server and we think its a bad server we spam.
    Where do you play most on Minetime? You can include multiple servers if you would like. PvP Fest and skyblock. I have played pvp-fest before it even joined minetime, joined mabey like 4 months ago, then skyblock I will work on my island once in a while
    Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church". Yes as I included before I was staff on multiple servers and people have asked me to set up not build but set up a server so I have a lot of expireence in config files ect. I also volunteer at my church for a soup kitchen but this in not out of my own will I have to do this so I can have my confirmation.
    How much time do you usually spend on Minetime in a day? If you average all the days of the week out about 5 hours a day.
    Are you a donator? If so, what rank are you? Collin, if you are reading this then yes I am I was a donator for actuall money for VIP on Pvp-fest then when it was transferred I did not get the rank on all servers so I donated for Premium.
    When did you first join Minetime? When PvP-Fest joined, I do not know when this was.
    Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience? Yes I am a decent builder most likely not up to the server standards, and I as very familiar with the server plugins, not so much making them.
    What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task? A dream doesn't become reality through magic, to earn it, you will face hardships and many pleasures to come, just stick with it and you have nothing to lose.
    Do you have Skype? If so, do you have a microphone? You don't have to post your Skype username here. Yes I do have Skype and a microphone, My Skype is Sexy.Builder
    Anything else you'd like Emily, Drake and me to know? Hello!
    Hello! My name is Michael. I am 14, and finally in high school. I live in Suffern New York and I go to Suffern High School. In the past, I have actually moved twice so I don’t have a lot of childhood friends. Despite that, I am able to easily make new friends. I participate in many after-school activities in my school. I was once a part of my school’s swim team, SST, and had gone to many meets. I love to play basketball with friends, rain or shine. Although playing in rain can be a bit hectic. I used to play a game called Maplestory, however, I've decided that game has gotten quite corrupt (Company got greedy) quit. I tried minecraft after my friend told me about it. I loved minecraft after being able to build anything I wanted. I also play a bit of Starcraft 2 here and there (To any sc fans, HOTS came out!). I have played Skyrim, Cod and Bf. I personally enjoy Battlefield because of it’s team based gameplay (No flame wars please). I value integrity and absolutely hate cheaters. Overall, you have to really know me to get my sense of humor.

Thank you for reading my application! Feel free to leave any feedback, I always value constructive criticism. I hope to see you all in-game or on forums!

14. samthelad

samthelad Forum Enthusiast

samthelad
    How old are you?
    Ireland
    20:30
    How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot? I would play Minecraft nearly everyday.
    I joined minecraft 3 years ago near the beginning I'm not sure.
    No. I have never been punished on any other server.
    I will say how much I play in order because that is the best idea I can think of. Skyblock, Factions, Skywars, Creative, Zombie infection, Hunger games, Survival, Prison, Kit pvp and Op pvp.
    In my badminton class I have managed to get on a team with just one other person in the class.
    I was asked if I wanted to play for my town and I replied yes.
    If you have ever played clash of clans you will understand this.
    I am owner of the clan with a friend of mine.
    We have. 46 players in the clan.
    They are all extremely active and nice.
    If you want to see the clan it is called "TheDunceClub".
    We named it that because it was the best name that was not copied.
    My friend suggested it and I agreed with it.
    2-3 hours
    I am Timeless
    13/7/13
    I am extremely talented at building symmetrical creations but that's about it.
    Our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them of course.
    Yes I do, I have a microphone too.
    When I was in 5th class, my teacher and some other pupils let us build the school on minecraft, we presented it on the final day of school and everyone thought it was brilliant.
    I told the teacher about minecraft he thought it was a good idea to go ahead with it.
    When lunch came we took turns on building the school.
    We had to bring to notes to our parents so they know and give their permission so we can do it.
    I have brilliant experience helping people e.g I explained how the ranks work to a friend of
    mine.
    You might know some people would ask questions in that, I would always helpfully answer them.
    I have no enemy's on the server.
    If you asked everyone I know, they are bound to answer I am extremely helpful and kind (it would also be the same way in real life).
    I like to pull a joke every now and then!
    I took a personality test http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/results/?oR=0.675&cR=0.889&eR=0.594&aR=1&nR=0.312&y=2000&g=m go to that link to see a brief idea of my personality.

#14 samthelad, Dec 31, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Toney

Toney New Member

- My username is Aaronnguyen100. (it was my friends but he doesn't play anymore so he let me have it.)

How old are you?

- I am 13 years old.

- I live in Dallas, Texas.

- I am usually on throughout the entire day during holidays, while during school days, I'm on at 4:00-7:00 Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00).

- I started playing Minecraft a year ago when my friend introduced me to it. However, a few days after I started playing, I got bored and stopped playing then came back 5-7 months after to find Minetime on the top multiplayer servers, and so I started playing Minecraft 7 days a week, and at least 8 hours per day on holidays, and 2-4 hours on school days.

- I got muted 3 or 4 times on Survival for saying words or abbreviations like 'wtf', but that was the last time I said it and never said it afterwards.

- Survival, Creative, Hunger Games, Zombie Infection, and Prison, but I am willing to go on any other server if needed.

- I used to be in the National Honor Society (not in it anymore, because I'm in middle school and we have to earn it again this year), in the NHS, we held charity carnivals for people in need of clothes, shelter, etc. We also held can food drives for the people who don't have any food to eat, and we visited the elderly and helped them with their basic needs and played several games like dominoes with them to keep them entertained.

- I also used to be on the Green Team, in the Green Team, we have a few people selected from each classroom to go around the school and pick up recyclables in the morning every Tuesday and Friday and give it to a recycling company.

- I usually spend at least 2-4 hours on schooldays and at least 8-12 hours on holidays.

- No, I am not a donator.

- I can't remember exactly, but it was around a month ago.

- I consider myself as a good builder and a very helpful person.

- I'd tell him to pursue his dreams and not let anyone knock you down, even if they do, get back up and thrive bigger this time, aim for the stars, even if you miss, you'll land on the Moon. Just do whatever you want to do, don't let someone tell you what to do unless it's for your own good, and don't give up because someone called you stupid, pick yourself up and actually prove to him/her you're not stupid or whatever the case might be. Actions speak louder than words, you have to prove things through actions, not by retaliating and calling them names back.

- I have both a microphone and Skype.

- I'm a very helpful person and recently, I've been donating items to members who have just started out on Minetime as well as giving them lots so they can build houses and do whatever they wish to do. I also teach other players how to start shops, who to contact if you want to report anything, and overall, teaching them how to start out and have access to their basic needs. That concludes my application and have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Toney.

#15 Toney, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Thrawt

Thrawt Expert Member

My IGN is Thrawt

How old are you?

I live in Australia

I am usually online from 12am - 3am and also 10am - 2pm AEST

I have been playing Minecraft since late 2012. I play at least 6 days per week.

I have only played on one other server, I have never been punished.

I am usually playing Skyblock; But recently I have joined the Survival server as well.

I have never held any positions in Minecraft.
    Up until 4 years ago I was a volunteer Fire-fighter, I had Crew Leader training and experience.
    I am a Chef and for the last 2 years I have held the position of Sous Chef. Currently I am responsible for 8 Chefs, and 6 Catering Attendants. At my previous job I was offered Head Chef but declined due to salary and life ambitions.

I usually spend about 6-8 hours per day, sometimes more on my RDOs.

Yes I am a donator, currently I am Timeless

Maybe 6 months ago. I cannot remember.

I would consider myself a decent builder.

I would wish them luck and provide encouragement where possible.

Yes, I have both.

I always try to assist people if possible and whenever I can. I have also recently became active on the forums as well.

#16 Thrawt, Dec 31, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. robertsno2

robertsno2 New Member

My minecraft username is robertsno2.

How old are you?
    I am 13 years old.

I live in Panama. (Central America)

When I have school I play from 4:00 to 7:00 or 8:00. On vacations and weekends I play from 7,8am to 2 am. I do take some breaks in between.

I have been playing minecraft for about 3 years.

I have been punished on one other server, it was for hacking. I guess they didn't approve of hacking.

I play most on Factions. I do sometimes go on Skyblock.

In my school I volunteer in a program where I help with charity and go to an orphanage.

Week days like 3-4 hours weekends and vacation 12-18 hours.

Yes, I am a donor. I am rank Admin.

I first joined Minetime about 1 year ago.

I am a very good builder, and I also used to have my own server with plugins so I know about plugins.

Try your hardest, once I thought it would be impossible for me to join the Basketball team, but I tried and tried and practiced and practiced, and I was finally able to join.

Yes I do have skype and I do have a microphone, my skype is robertsno2.

Something else I would like you guys to know is that I just want to help the server, I am not looking to benefit from it.

18. TTG_XBL

TTG_XBL New Member

Hello This is my staff application

What is your Minecraft username? TTG_XBL

How old are you? I am 19 years old but i am going to be 20 in a couple of days.

What country do you live in (or state if you live in the US)? Virginia

What time are you on most often (according to your time zone)? I play from 3 pm to about to 9 pm EST , and sometimes in the morning from 10 am to 12 am EST.

How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot? I have been playing minecraft since early beta phase of the game.

Have you ever been punished on any other server? If so, what for? Not for anything serious but iv'e been muted once due to me being scammed in factions when i first joined. As for any other servers other then minetime minor mute no.

Where do you play most on Minetime? You can include multiple servers if you would like. i play mostly prison and factions, but i play both about equally.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Feel free to include real-life experiences such as "I used to be a lifeguard" or "I volunteer at my church". Yes iv'e been staff on other servers from modded minecraft to regular minecraft, iv'e been from ranks mod up to admin before.

How much time do you usually spend on Minetime in a day? I averagely play anywhere from 5 to 6 hours in a row but sometimes more then that.

Are you a donator? If so, what rank are you? I am a admin donator Rank.

When did you first join Minetime? I joined minetime about a month ago, i played modded minecraft before then a lot of time.

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft such as building or plugin experience? Well i'm good with plugins, and answering questions and helping people. But i am not a very good builder or don't have a huge creative personality.

What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task? Well i would say nothing is impossible if u work hard enough and follow after it with all your heart.

Do you have Skype? If so, do you have a microphone? You don't have to post your Skype username here. Yes i have skype, i have a mic and a camera if that is important. My skype name is Shootermodz, also i am on it all the time so in not hard to get in contact with me on it.

Anything else you'd like Emily, Drake and me to know? Well first is that you all have a awesome server, from the community to the website. I am a hard worker and very mature, and i think of others before myself if that is important to you all.

19. Matt Bailey

Matt Bailey New Member

What is your IGN? Bailey1603

How old are you? 15, 16 in March

What country do you live in? Queensland, Australia

What time are you on most often (according to your timezone)? During school times, 5.00 pm - 9.00 pm (depending on assignments) During holidays, 10.00 am - 1.00 am. Timezone: UTC +10

How long have you been playing Minecraft? Do you play a lot? I started playing Minecraft late 2009 - Early 2010 (Cant remember completely). Yes, I do play a lot.

Have you ever been punished on any other servers? If so, for what? Honestly, I have not been punished on any server.

Where do you play most on Minetime? Most of the time I spend on Minetime, is on survival. Although, I do play Kit PvP (PvP Fest) and Zombie Infection.

Have you had any previous experience in an authoritative position? Yes, I was a school captain in primary school. I was leader of a school sporting house.

How much time do you usually spend on Minetime in a day? On average, probably around 2 hrs a day during school times, and 12 hrs a day during holidays.

Are you a donator? If so, what rank are you? Yes, I am Timeless.

When did I first join Minetime? I am not exactly sure, but it would have been over 1 and 1/2 months ago. Although I have only recently joined Minetime Forums, and have lots of knowledge on the server.

Do you have any specific skills in Minecraft, such as building or plugin experience? Yes, I am quite good at building, and people give me that feedback as well. I have the ability to create Minecraft servers.

What would you say to someone younger than you that dreamed to accomplish an impossible task? [Name], I believe in you. You may think that accomplishing this task is impossible, but always believe in yourself, and just have a go. You can do it.

Do you have skype? If so, do you have a microphone? Yes, I do have skype, but at the moment my microphone is broken, and I am hoping to buy a new one in the near future.

Anything else you would like Emily, Drake or me to know? I'd like you to know, that for a Mid-Aged teenager, I am very mature and trustworthy. I will take hold of and bad situation, and do my very best to solve it. I have been moderator on servers, such as the old ToastyCraft server, which I believe has now shutdown, (I think someone may have made another one). I'd like to say thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy my application.

#19 Matt Bailey, Dec 31, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. RileyKat

RileyKat New Member

What Is My Minecraft UserName? My Minecraft username is "RileyKat". :)
    How Old Am I? I am 12 years old. I was born in 2001
    How Long Have I Been Playing Minecraft? I have been playing for about 3 years. I got it for the Christmas of 2010.
    Have I Ever Been Punished On Other Servers? No, I have not. I am a goody-two shoes, to be honest. I love to follow the rules.
    Where Do I Play Most On Minetime? Well, if you are looking to find me, I am most likely on Creative building awesome structures, or killing people on OP PVP. It depends on my mood. :)
    Have I Ever Been In A Position Of Authority? Yes, Summer of 2013, I was doing a Summer job baby-sitting children younger than the age of 7. I plan on doing it again next Summer.
    How Much Time Do I Spend On Minetime? Minetime is one of the many servers I play on. It is also one of my favorite servers. I make a spot for it at night time.. From 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Sometimes later.
    Am I A Donator? No, my parents don't have very much money to spend on extra things, like donating to servers. I wish I could though, that is how I plan to spend my birthday money.
    When Did I First Join Minetime? I first joined Minetime about a couple months ago.. I'm not very sure. My friend told me about it over a Skype call. We played OP PVP together.
    Do I Have Any Specific Skills In Minecraft? I would like to think I am a very good builder. Building and PVP are my favorite things to do. I have built large castles, small modern homes, pixel art, and much more. :)
    What Would I Say To Someone Younger Than Me Wanting To Accomplish An Impossible Task? Well, I would try to nice and honest about it like, "Hey, we all have dreams, right? I think you can get there someday. :)". I try to be the best person I can be.
    Do I Have Skype? Do I Have A Microphone? Yes, I do. Although if you are looking to have a call with me, my voice isn't the greatest. You might be suprised. :p
    What State Do I Live In? I live in the USA. In California. It is quite nice here.
    Well, here we are at the end of my application. I would really love to be a part of the Minetime staff. Whenever there are new people to the server, I always try to greet them. I like to help people find stuff, help them start out, let them know they have a friend. I love talking to people and becoming friends. My mom always says, "You can never have enough friends. Don't be afraid to talk to people." I really, sincerly think that the staff could use someone like me. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • CamelCase CamelCase x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.