Minetime 2017

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sookarook, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Hello Minetimers,

There have been a lot of questions about what happened to Minetime and I am here to explain that. I feel as though this thread can rectify many unanswered questions that anyone may have. I intend for this thread to help people who have returned to play Minetime. I would suggest for you to please take the time to read through this entire thread before responding. If you have any questions, concerns, or things I should add, please comment :)

Minetime was originally created by Collin (CollinPotato). All rules, servers, ranks, etc. was all originated from him. On May 22, 2016, Collin shut down Minetime and sold it to his close friend, Noobcrew. Collin created a thread that gives a more thorough explanation to as of why he made his decision here. When the sale was made, Minetime became blacklisted.

While Noobcrew was speaking with Mojang about getting Minetime removed off of the blacklist, Minetime was down for approximately 4 months until it was re-opened. On September 21, 2016, CypriotMerks created an announcement about the return of Minetime and with that came a lot of restrictions.

When Minetime was re-opened, there were a lot of things that made people uncomfortable, such as glitches, bugs, and most importantly, the EULA. The EULA is a major restriction for Minetime because it makes the server not 'pay-to-win'. What this means is that you cannot purchase kits (Kit Premium, Kit Enhanced, etc.) for an advantage in the game; everyone must have the same advantage as everyone else without paying with in-real-life money.

There were a lot of changes to Minetime and its obvious change was it's faculty and staff. One staff member in particular, Nuggets (Tyler) was demoted. When he was demoted, many players as well as staff members went with him. Also, with new owners, a lot of things has changed and will continue to change considering how they're inactive.

Thank you for reading. If there are any questions or if I missed anything, please comment and I will make adjustments :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Olivia

Olivia Expert Member

This will definitely help people who have returned to play, thanks chook :)

P.S There's no capital 'T' in Minetime

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. cancer_chan

cancer_chan Dedicated Minetimer

you forgot all the negatives. like how noobcrew hasnt existed since 2014 xd

• Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
  4. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Thank you for this <33

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

You forgot how Tyler helped it a lot until he was demoted and the real reason the only people on the "legislative branch" are Pile and Matt. Also, you may want to fix things like NoobCrew and MineTime into a Noobcrew and Minetime, and use the correct its or it's. Other than that, it's nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

That might bother me more than anything else. It's Minetime, not MineTime lol

7. Greehn

Greehn Forum Enthusiast

we don't need a thread for this. you can easily know whats going on just by looking at all the updates.

(i bet you only made this to "boost" your chance as helper lol.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Insomnia_Awakens

Insomnia_Awakens Dedicated Minetimer

This is why I rely on Sook when I need help

Sometimes

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

https://www.minetime.com/threads/what-happened-to-minetime.37243/#post-438732

https://www.minetime.com/threads/what-happened.37429/

https://www.minetime.com/members/theprowolf.22758/#profile-post-97094

https://www.minetime.com/threads/what-happened-to-minetime.35596/

There are many other threads and profile posts asking about what happened to minetime. Players come back after months of not playing and they're wondering what's going on (which is the first sentence of my thread). I'm just basically summarizing what has happened and Minetime's state right now so the players coming back don't have to go digging for information about what happened :)

10. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Active Member

This is a corrupt minetime government. I doubt they even use checks and balances because if they did this server would be fine. And what about impeachment of the 2 owners?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ItsAustin

ItsAustin Dedicated Member

Extremly well written keep up the good work sook :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

I made sure to go back and add this. I also fixed the capitalization in 'Noobcrew' and 'Minetime'.
    I added the 'impeachment' of Tyler.
    <333

13. wclfy

wclfy Active Member

Thank you Sooky, this'll be extremely useful. ❤️❤️❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

Can someone pin this into announcements and update it so more people can see it?

15. ferras

ferras Forum Enthusiast

Love this, good job! C:

16. Blue_Belt

Blue_Belt Forum Enthusiast

We can make minetime players come back by being a sponsor of like minecraftservers.org, even tho we are Rank 45, we will be in the front page. That can get more people come, or, you can just invite your friends c;