PVP Fest Leaderboards

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Del, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

hey, my name is Ali, knows as iAlyZz, I thought it would be cool having leaderboard on pvpfest, many people will kinda like challenge each other and have fun :p
    -soz I no English - :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TheLastStraw

TheLastStraw Forum Enthusiast

You mean the highest number of kills?

3. 10freckles

10freckles Dedicated Minetimer

This has been suggested before and has been turned down before because players start to kill the players running around without any gear.

4. TheLastStraw

There's always kit fight though. Can you please link me the thread thanks.

5. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

lol that doesn't even make sense at all, its not our problem that they don't have armor, same with @OP PVP there is a kit, /kit standard, /kit op, same with pvpfest @ /kit fight :>.
    soo they're good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

I respect your opinions, but everything is done for a reason. This quote most probably describes why your suggestion is no longer reality.
    Taken from: https://www.minetime.com/threads/21698/

#6 GoodLuck, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  7. TheLastStraw

Jess that was when admins could fly. I believe the change can be implemented since they no longer have /fly. I also think that /chest could be added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

why not added now? /fly removed, {LEADERBOARDS] in added on OPPVP, OP PVP AND PVPFEST IS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME, no /FLY
    NOT EVEN UNFAIR AT ALL. since the new update.
    /FLY IS gone
    i'm pretty sure many will get excited for that, i hope so. it just makes everything much differend, [CHALLENGES]

9. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

i completely agree with you sir.

10. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

Have you ever used an admin or timeless kit with all the potion effects? It is very overpowered with infinite strength, regeneration, speed and resistance.

Please, there is no need to use caps.

Honestly, I don't care about the statistics. Think about it, fly was removed for being overpowered but that only allows a person to move through the air. But now that's gone, admin is left with all the perks, including the potion effects listed above and that /kit general5 which contains a sharpness 3 sword that can kill anyone in /kit fight in 3 hits. With a modified client, how hard do you think it is to hit someone 3 times?

You also need to remember that newer players or committed players that don't have money to give to a Minecraft server are often left behind. This group of players only has access to /kit fight every minute and /kit special every hour. To be honest, these kits are no match for an admin's kit.

It's almost as if you want to place a marker on people with less or worse gear than yourself. The admin's will be on top of the leaderboard. And the players without a donator rank will be on the bottom of the leaderboard.

Since I started playing PvPFest on Minetime, it has always been about the gear and levelling it up. But I was only able to do that with my executive kit.

If two people are trying to have a honest fight, and there wasn't a leaderboard, there is no reason for someone to come along and slay both of them with a few hits. People will run around going for kills instead of for gear if there is a leaderboard.

If you really want to have a friendly competition, talk to someone privately and then organise what range of gear counts as a kill and how many kill you need to achieve to win. If that all makes sense.

Please see reason about this. It was never about being able to fly.

#10 GoodLuck, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  11. TheLastStraw

There's the reason why potions and diamond armor are sold at the shop, to be able to provide newbies a chance. If you are wondering how to get the cash for this, it's through voting.
    Second, do you mean the non-donors would be left behind those who donate? Yes, that it obvious that they will be. Players who donate to the server will receive perks unlike those who did not donate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

i'm not a [Donator] and i still want it, "people ain't dumb these days" i can kill a [Admin] guy.
    /general 5 kit?
    its not those who have ranks's fault, "go get a rank" if you want a better stuff.
    "people spent their $ to get something"
    not for free lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

yep true, /vote earn $, and buy simple, easy. there's nothing really else @Donators can do then /sp, which non-donators can buy.

14. TheLastStraw

Op pvp and pvpfest are similar in the sense that both requires players to pvp to get better. Only op pvp is more overpowered than pvpfest. Like what he said, there's really nothing different. Since op pvp has leader boards why not pvpfest.

15. TheLastStraw

This thread isn't about friendly competition or a 1v1 like you said in the last sentence. Still, the map created by the buildteam is huge. There are many warps around the map, from warp a to z(maybe not z but you get the idea). People can have a 1v1 anywhere without anyone disturbing it. That's not the point anyway. I believe what you are stating here is that it is unfair to those players that didn't donate? To be honest, donors receive a higher chance to get 'good' than non-donors. Don't you think it would be better for players on pvpfest to have a gauge on who is the best pvper, instead of players having to create threads on the server asking 'who is the best pvper'.

Like the thread you linked said that statistics was removed due to /fly being overpowered, I feel that since it has been removed, we the staff can now make room for the statistics.

16. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

That is what I said.

Sorry, I don't remember the reward for voting for the server, if I remember right it's $25, a full set of diamond armour is $36 plus another $15 for a sword (total $51) then you said to include potions, each varies from $2.50 to $5. That is worth more than the daily limit of $50 (two votes).

Also, there is no way for a default ranked player to receive a strength potion but through the crate plugin. To be exact, you have a chance of winning a 1 and a half minute strength two potion from an exceptional chest.

About the crate plugin, you have about a 0.248 (almost 1 in 4) chance of recieving a key per vote. One fifth (0.2) of the times you vote, you will receive a 'common' key. One twenty-fifth (0.04) of the times you'll vote you will receive a 'lucky' key. And once out of 125 votes, you have eight thousandths (0.008) chance of recieving a 'exceptional' key. Except, this is all I theory. These odds do seem very small.
    Like you said, you can buy items in PvPFest. There is no kind of currency on OpPvP. Ontop of that, it is difficult to kill even a default player, the armour is more balanced between ranks and allows for fairer fights.

By the way, please don't double, or in your case triple post. You can merge them together by using the 'edit' button.

17. TheLastStraw

I once heard a wise man say life isn't fair. It sure isn't fair. If you think it is difficult, you surely haven't tried hard enough.

18. Kevin

Kevin Forum Enthusiast

19. TheLastStraw

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

why are you even complaining lol ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.