Infection Guide

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Daniel, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

Based on the contents of this thread and the success of the Hunger Games guide I made a while ago, I've decided to make an Infection guide. I hope this helps out some new players.

Infection Guide

An about paragraph:
    Infection (commonly referred to as Deadlyfe), is a server where everybody starts out as humans. After 25 seconds, 3 (or rarely 4), humans become zombies. The zombies' goal is to infect all humans by killing them. These original zombies are referred to as "alpha zombies". Once an alpha zombie, dies they respawn as a regular zombie. After the 25 seconds, anybody who dies will be respawned as a zombie whether they die by zombie killing them, falling off the map, etc. The game ends once everybody is infected or the timer runs out (whichever happens faster). If everybody dies, the last man standing wins and gets a level as a prize. After that, there are 45 seconds until the next map starts.

Completely new? Here's what to do

1. Join the server
    Quite obviously. The infection portal is behind the diamond block and to the right. It is about 7:00 on the clock. Or just move off the diamond block and type /server infection

2. Vote
    Most players of Minetime already know how to vote, but if you don't, here's what you do. Type /vote in-game and click a link. Solve the CAPTCHA (pretty annoying), type your username in EXACTLY, and click Submit. Do this for the other link also (there are two). Make sure to do this EVERY 24 hours for maximum rankup!

3. Jump in!
    You're set to play Infection!

Becoming good (as human)

1. Get a good camping spot

After the game starts, immediately start looking for good camping spots where you can whizz your arrows at zombies. These can be helpful as they let you last longer at a strategic location. You will, however, have to play many games to find these camping spots because I don't want to give them away.

2. Be well prepared
    Once the zombies are released, make sure to be fully equipped with your sword and ready to attack. Don't continue looking for a hiding spot after the 25 seconds or the zombies will eat your brains. Be prepared to fight off zombies, but don't be too cocky or the zombies will kill you. Remember, zombies respawn as zombies. However, humans also respawn as zombies, meaning they can continue attacking you infinitely. Once hordes of zombies start attacking you, be ready to munch on a gapple to boost your attack and health. One golden apple (referred to as gapple), will give you 5 seconds of regeneration and 2 minutes of absorption.

3. Build a team!
    Sure, you could survive on your own, but it's always faster with a team. Camp with other people to maximize the chance of surviving. Don't have too many people, however, or the game becomes boring because the same people keep dying.

Becoming good (as zombie)

1. Make a strategy

Don't just run up and try to attack everything as humans will just snipe you to death. Make a plan to proceed such as eating a gapple and sneaking up quickly to attack from behind camping spots or strategic locations otherwise.

2. Use your bow (Prestige 6 and above):
    Utilize your bow and arrows to attack players. It is Sharpness 20 which should be a 5 or 6 hit kill on full protection 1 diamond armor (without gapples). It is important that you try to stay out of sight when sniping or continue moving after shooting an arrow to avoid humans tracking your location.

3. Go for the weaker ones
    When you're a zombie, you have chain mail armor, which is obviously weaker than the humans' armor. However, your sword is more powerful, meaning you should take them down quicker. Go for the humans with low ranks (Rct, Pvt, Sgt). Their prestige doesn't affect their human kits. Once you have taken down the ones with iron armor, there will be more zombies to attack those with better armor, therefore winning the game faster and getting more XP.

4. Attack in groups
    I don't mean freeload off others and use them as shields, but it is helpful to attack in large groups because there are more people to hit someone, and there are more people to expend, or have die. This strategy should work along with #3. Once most of the players are zombies, everybody should go after ONE PERSON until everyone is dead. This decreases the chance of everybody continuously dying.

Leveling Up
    Leveling up is the only way to becoming better and getting more fame. Levels in Zombie Infection are displayed on your Experience bar. The higher the level, the better kits you get as a human. The level ranks (not to be confused with donor ranks) are Rct - SgtMaj.

How to level up:

1. Vote with /vote

This is by far the easiest way and requires the least effort. Just do /vote, click the link, solve the CAPTCHA, enter your username, and submit. Do this for both links. Each vote gives you 5 levels, but lucky votes could be as much as 10, 20, or even 50 levels! Remember, you can vote daily.
    2. Kill zombies as a human
    The most straightforward way to get XP is to kill zombies as a human. Each zombie kill will give you an XP bonus of [+3], [+4], [+5], [+6], or [+7] along with a cool message. Killing humans as a zombie doesn't give you XP, though, unless you ROFL'Stomp.
    3. Winning a game
    Winning a game, (being the last one standing), awards you one level's worth of XP. However, you have to die, being the last one, to get the level. Ending the game with any humans remaining will say the message The Infection is no longer contagious, and will teleport you to the waiting room to start the next game.
    4. ROFL'Stomp
    ROFL'Stomping is extremely useful and gives you lots of XP. ROFL'Stomping works like a Kill-Streak bonus. Once you kill a certain number of zombies, ROFL'Stomp is enabled. Each kill then on is announced in chat and adds to your Kill XP multiplier. For example, 21 kills would by a [x21] bonus, meaning if you got a [+3] kill, it would count for [+63]. ROFL'Stomping is quite hard to achieve and only is enabled after a large kill streak. You can ROFL'Stomp as a zombie or a human, and get the same amount of XP, but doing it as a human is more efficient.

Prestiging
    Once you have 130+ levels, you can do a cool thing called prestiging. Prestiging adds a number in Roman numerals next to your name, meaning you have accomplished 130 levels that many times. Let's say you had 130 levels exactly, type /prestige and watch it work! A chat message in bold gold text will display publicly: [USERNAME] has advanced to Prestige [#]. The 130 levels will be deducted from your level counter, and the number in front of your name in chat will be changed. Let's say you had 136 levels, and prestiged, you would have 6 levels left over. You can prestige all the way to [X] or Prestige 10. Once you get to Prestige 10, you can no longer advance. However, this is known as being "maxed" or having beaten Zombie Infection. After that, the only thing you can do is gather levels and compare with other maxed players. Prestiging gives you extra kits as a zombie all the way until Prestige 10, where you get a Sharpness 20 bow with 8 arrows and 1 enchanted golden apple.

Becoming OP
    Ready to join the big leagues? This section is only for the advanced PvPers who wish to improve their game significantly. If you think you're ready, read on.

1. Download a hacked client
    Hacking is a very disputed way of playing Minecraft. Very few servers allow hacks. Luckily, Minetime is one of them. Hacking is the form of using a GUI to enable software changes which will automatically move your Minecraft character in the way that the desired hack is to be used. Hacking is referred to (and its actual name is) a "modified client". This actually means that hacks are mods. Read more about What is Hacking here.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT DOWNLOAD HACKED CLIENTS WITHOUT ENSURING THEY ARE FROM A TRUSTED WEBSITE. THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK.

How to Download a Hacked Client:
    1. Open your Minecraft Launcher, but do NOT click Play. Go to Edit Profile > Open Game Directory > versions. Make sure to keep all of the windows open!
    2. Go to wizardhax.com and choose a hack that you think suits you. I can not stress enough that you should NOT download hacks from ANYWHERE but wizardhax.com unless you are absolutely 100% sure that the website you are using is safe.
    3. Follow the download instructions and get the hacked client onto your computer.
    4. The client should be a file (possibly zipped) in your Downloads folder.
    5. If the file is zipped, just unzip it. Next, open the unzipped file.
    6. There should be a .jar and a .json folder in your hacked client folder. Delete all other files.
    7. Go back to your unzipped hacked client folder. Copy the folder.
    8. Paste the folder in your versions folder.
    9. Do everything in this order: Close the versions folder. Click Save Profile on the Minecraft Launcher config window, and close the Minecraft Launcher.
    10. Reopen the Minecraft Launcher.
    11. Go to Edit Profile and open the Use Version dropdown. Scroll down until you find your Minecraft client in the list.
    12. Click Save Profile.
    13. Click Play.

If the Minecraft client crashes, or you cannot find your Minecraft client in the dropdown, please recheck all your steps, and then redo it. If it still does not work, find a new hacked client or consult a member of the forums who would wish to help you.

2. Spawnkilling
    Spawnkilling with a hacked client is an AMAZING way to generate LOADS of experience. Personally, I use the mods "Killaura" "Aimbot" "Fullbright" "Antiknockback" and "Sneak" when PvPing with my client. Make sure to turn up the kill aura speed for maximum hitting. Stand one block away from the spawn point and turn on all your mods. This should continue killing the zombies who spawn. When they respawn, you just kill them again! If you realize you're starting to lose health rapidly, eat a gapple to replenish your health. Remember, spawnkilling only lasts so long, so make sure to make the most of it. If your spawnkill is successful, you should have a good ROFL'Stomp going.

EDIT: Removed 'Gliding' section.

Thanks for reading this guide. I hope this helps out new players.

#1 Daniel, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. __Tao__

__Tao__ New Member

Very informative, nice work. I, myself am maxed out. I don't use a Hacked Client ever but that's fine if some people wish to. This'll assist the new people. :)

3. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

That's great to hear coming from such a famous person. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zachs

Zachs Dedicated Minetimer

Ido, I'm Finnegan25, this is great! Very well done! Hopefully this will be pinned!

5. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

6. __Tao__

__Tao__ New Member

Aww, thank you so much! That really warms my heart.

7. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

8. StarfletcherBANNED

StarfletcherBANNED I can have whatever title I want

This is an awesome guide! :D

9. Connor17

Connor17 New Member

This is a very good guide, but hacking does kind of make the game less fun for the people who don't hack

10. TCP_Disabled

TCP_Disabled New Member

Minetime is the one successful server that allows hacking. It's the place where players come to use hacks without being punished, making it fun for the people with hacks. In summary, this server is designed around hacking.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. ThalexPlays

ThalexPlays Active Member

hacking. is. allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Xavier

Well done @ido_pieguy! Starters on zombie infection will be glad to have access to a guide. :)

13. TCP_Disabled

TCP_Disabled New Member

One question... Why didn't you mention the glitch?

14. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

1. I'm not aware of any "glitch" on Infection.
    2. Abusing glitches will result in a ban.

15. Connor17

Connor17 New Member

i know its allowed. i never said it wasn't

16. james_charles_20

james_charles_20 Forum Enthusiast

Nice guide :)

17. Zulfqar

Zulfqar Forum Enthusiast

Cool guide, thanks.

18. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

19. SlimeBlade