IDEA TO SAVE MINETIME!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Alpacas, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpacas

Alpacas Dedicated Minetimer

Sorry about tagging you all but I feel as if this could acctully save the Minetime Network
    @ADAMATOR1234 @Adriana @BerryBoxie @CypriotMerks @Ha_Im_White @Kevin @ImpactVolts @Kyle @Kyleep @Nico @Noobcrew @Ollie @Pile @Reddi2Burn @Shelby @Sooplie @Tyler @xBMAN @Yash

Ok on this server we are no longer allowed our kits or any advantage surrounded with our rank, but I know this may sound crazy and probably may not go well with our new owners but then again it might.

If we made it so you could still purchase the ranks and they still have the same perks as they did before, e.g. commands, kits and more. Well what about if you made it so players could purchase the ranks in either Minecraft money or Real life money. For example on skyblock [TIMELESS] could be something ridiculous like 250k ($250,000) as well as being able to purchase it in the webstore, this is also proving that the game isn't on a pay to win type game, because you can use in game money to buy the same ranks as real money but most players cannot afford these ranks with in game money but they are still their so it would still be EULA complaint.

Please take this into consideration as this could save the Minetime Network and increase the current player amount

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Member

the problem is, every server with money implemented has different economies. the value of a dollar in certain servers, from greatest to least, is like:
    1. skyblock
    2. skywars
    3. infection
    4. op
    5. survival
    6. facs
    7. prison
    8. pvpfest
    or at least i think so; not sure about the new pvpfest. but anyway, what economy would we be going by? would a rank cost the same on every server? because if timeless was 250k on pvpfest AND skyblock, it would take a lifetime to get the cash on skyblock and it would take, like, two minutes on pvpfest. i like this idea, but it's a little weak in the details.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alpacas

No you will be able to purchase a rank on each "mini game" for a price relative to the game and it is a global rank for all the "mini games"

4. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Dedicated Minetimer

Love the idea, but would it really save us?

5. dsfadfasdfsa

dsfadfasdfsa Dedicated Minetimer

You know nothing about the EULA which is why Minetime nearly died in May. This would only serve the point of getting mntm.com blacklisted.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. yanks43

yanks43 Active Member

This won't work. According to EULA you can't purchase any gameplay advantages at all. By purchasing a rank for skyblock, you technically just bought 250k. The only exceptions to Eula are aesthetic things like colored names, lobby gear, lobby pets, etc. and advantages that affect the whole server (that's how some servers get away with coin boosters).

7. Clxrity

Clxrity Dedicated Minetimer

yeah this would need to but into consideration before implementing this. would probably need to be a different price on each gamemode b/c of the difference in economy on each game.

i dont know if mojang would consider this EULA compliant or not, but it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea if it were well thought out and prices and such were set up efficiently.

8. TheCheatCode

TheCheatCode Dedicated Minetimer

Ik ur my friend but heres some reasons why your wrong
    1. Minetime has already been saved pretty much
    2. Ths idea has been suggested many times but normal players dont rly profit from shops and they mainly only have a daily allowance of 40$ if they vote. It would get real boring real quick. My best friend makes about 200$ per day and she is normal rank but this would mean she has to get the same amount of money for 1250 days (4 Years) And minetime might die by then. Ik she could get lower ranks but rly they all suck. #ADMINFTW4LYFE
    3. Finally there wouldnt rly be a good system. Staff would have to hand out ranks and take players money. There isnt a plugin 4 these things.
    Happy thanksgiving! -Droid

9. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

Kind of like the archon. You can get the donator kits but need to get a ridiculous level (2500 - 7500) which is impossible. They got unblacklisted from that

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Alpacas

My point iv seen tons of servers doing that thats why i said a really high price but it works
    If you make it so you can purchase it in game or irl would make it EULA complient as i have seen servers be unblacklisted for doing this

11. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

When you're the only one on Skyblock that can afford Timeless, but you already have it... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.