How to make a pro-quality YouTube video!

Discussion in 'Guides & How-To's' started by omegafluffy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. omegafluffy

omegafluffy Active Member

Hi! I bet you've seen me around the internet (YouTube, Minecraft, Minetime, etc.). Well if you don't know already, I am doing YouTube at the moment. I have about 620 subscribers. As my sub count increases, I strive to keep my video quality at top-notch! So, I figured I could make a guide on how I make my videos and ways you can make your own videos! Yes, I talk about Macs.

-----------------------------------------------

1. Get a recording software

So, there's plenty of recording software out there. But few are actually good. The one's I've used in the past are Bandicam, Fraps, Dxtory, GeForce Experience (Shadowplay), OBS, and Xbox. All of these programs have pluses and minuses. Bandicam is world-famous for the watermark at the top, Dxtory is really hard to use, GeForce Experience is only compatible with certain dedicated graphics, and OBS is laggy. So, which one should you use? Well, read below to see!

If you have...

A PC with low-end specs (Celeron, Pentium, E2, A4, No dedicated graphics, less than 4GB RAM, 32GB or less storage):

I would recommend an upgrade. Your PC won't run the programs listed above because most programs above record videos that take up lots of space (1GB+ for a 5-min video). I would recommend an upgrade to 4GB RAM, more storage, and a better CPU. If you're on a desktop with an Intel Pentium (or equivalent), just ensure you have at least 50GB of storage and 4+GB RAM.

A PC with mid-level specs (Desktop Pentium, i3, A8, Older i5 and i7, 4+GB RAM, 100+GB storage, low end to no dedicated graphics):

I would recommend Bandicam. It is a really nice program that records amazing quality! I used it before I got a new graphics card. It recorded amazing 720p 60FPS without any lag in-game! There are programs out there that can “crack” Bandicam to remove the watermark. I, myself just decided to buy the program ($40). It was well-worth the purchase.

My settings to record are as follows below!

[​IMG]

I would also recommend Xbox if you have Windows 10. You do Windows+G on your keyboard while in-game. A little menu should pop up. You can click the red circle to record your gameplay! It only records at 30FPS though. But when you edit, you can turn it to 60FPS .

A PC with high-end specs (i5, i7, A10, A12, 1GB+ Dedicated Graphics, 8GB+ RAM):

If you have a

Nvidia Graphics Card:

I would recommend GeForce Experience (Shadowplay)! This is the program I use for all my recordings. This program is built-in to your graphics card software. All you should do is ensure that it’s enabled, and turn it on! To enable it, go to your search bar and type in GeForce experience. Then, enter the settings. Find “Share” and make sure it’s on. Now, go to Minecraft. Press Alt+Z. A window should pop up. Click record and boom! You’re recording! Press F11 to go to full screen (It captures your entire computer). Enjoy!

AMD Graphics Card:

Bandicam would be the best for you! It is a really nice program that records amazing quality! I used it before I got a new graphics card. It recorded amazing 720p 60FPS without any lag in-game! There are programs out there that can “crack” Bandicam to remove the watermark. I, myself just decided to buy the program ($40). It was well-worth the purchase.

My settings to record are as follows below!

[​IMG]

A Mac (Any specs, 10.6.8 OS or above):

Since Macs aren’t really the best computers for screen-recording, I would recommend QuickTime player. It is built-in to every mac. It records full-screen (Like GeForce). Simply launch it, go to File, and click “New Screen Recording.” Click record and you’re all set! Press F11 to go full-screen on Minecraft.

2. Get an editor

Editing is the longest process (if you choose it to be) of making a video. It all depends on how much you edit, how long your video is, computer specs, and more. Read on to see what best suits your needs for editing.

If you have…

A PC:

If you want to edit simply, I’d suggest Movie Maker. It runs on any PC flawlessly and it’s free! Get it here. If you want to edit more advanced, I’d suggest VideoPad. I used this for a year. It’s been great! You can get it online from NCH Software.

A Mac:

I’d suggest iMovie (or Final Cut if you have it). It is slow on older machines but runs nice on newer ones. You can look up how to use it.

3. Editing

Drag and drop, add music (if applicable), add intro (if applicable), and export! I think you’ve all edited a video before. If you haven’t you can look up how to edit videos with your specific software. There are plenty of tutorials out there (how to speed up, add music, etc.).

4. Exporting

Read below to find out how to export on your software!

Movie Maker:

Click File, and then click “Save Movie.” Not “Save Project!!!!” Then scroll to the bottom and click “Create Custom setting.” Click the setting box and change to ‘<new>’ then, name it whatever you want. Then, change width to 1280 and Height to 720. Or if you want 1080p video, do 1920 and 1080. Keep bitrate at 8000. And change frame rate to 60! Change audio format to 192kbps. Now, save it as whatever you want. But make sure it’s in the folder that pops up!! Then, go to save movie again, find your setting, and save it! It will take a while to export depending on how long your video is.

iMovie or Final Cut:

In iMovie, open the project or select it in the Project Library, and then choose Share > Export Movie.​
    The Share menu appears in a light gray bar across the top of your computer screen.

Type a name for the movie in the Export As field.​
    Choose the location where you want to save it from the pop-up menu.​
    If the location you want doesn’t appear in the pop-up menu, click the blue Arrow button to the right of the Save As field, and then navigate to the desired folder.

Select the size of ​
    movie
    that best matches what you’ll be using the video for.​
    The table shows which sizes are best for each viewing device or location, and the resolution of each size (how many pixels it contains).

The resolution of the exported movie for each size depends on the aspect ratio (standard or widescreen) you chose when you created the project.

If you’re unable to select the larger sizes, the original project media isn’t large enough to render in that size. The size of the largest media used in the project determines the final movie sizes you can render.

Holding the pointer over the “i” next to the movie dimensions displays the following information for the rendered movies:

H.264 or 3GP:

The video compression that’s used in the movie.

fps:

The frame rate of the movie in frames per second.

Kbps or Mbps:

The data rate of the movie in kilobits per second or megabits per second.

MB:

The size of the movie file in megabytes.

Click Export.​
    To find your exported movie, navigate to the folder that you chose from the pop-up menu.​

5. Thumbnail:

Do you need a thumbnail? No. Is a custom one nice? Yes! If you have photoshop, you can create your own with templates (google: photoshop thumbnail template), or create your own from scratch. If you don’t have photoshop, you can use Panzoid. You can look up how to use it online.

6. Uploading

Uploading takes a long time (depending on your internet speed and video size). But it’s so satisfying to watch your video come to life! Go to youtube.com/upload. Then, drag your video in. Or select it from your computer. It will then begin uploading. You can add your custom thumbnail (if you have one) by clicking the custom thumbnail at the bottom. You need a title. Don’t use “My Movie.mp4” or “Untitled.avi.” Be creative! Think about what happened during that video that will make your viewers want to watch and enjoy it! Something like “INSANE DROP PARTY” or “MASSIVE KILL STREAK” are good titles! Then you need a description! Either describe what happens in the video, give a shoutout, or whatever you want to express! Go to the Advanced Settings tab. Change the video type to “Game” if it’s a game and so-on. If it’s a game, type the game title into the bar. Your game should pop up (Minecraft doesn’t pop up sometimes). Then, click publish! You can wait for your video to finish uploading. Or if it’s done uploading, you’re done!

-----------------------------------------------

I thank you for reading my guide! If I helped, my pleasure! If there’s something I should add, let me know! Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

How do I do the youtuberings if im am 3.

3. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

That's not how it works.

Not everyone can afford that. For lower end PCs consider camtasia crack.

Movie maker is good if you only want to make small cuts (usually only that anyways I personally use it). If you plan on doing real edits adobe/vegas works well and lots of options to make the video smooth and nice.

:^)

Good guide but you didn't go into tags. Add lots of relevant tags into the tag area. You can tag abuse with a description but don't do it blatantly, I usually hide keywords in multiple pointless (but relevant) paragraphs. That'll make your video appear in more searches as it makes it more likely to be relevant to their search.

4. omegafluffy

Thanks for your feedback. I will consider these changes!

5. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

IMG_2764.PNG
    Example of my tag abuse but sometimes more.

6. omegafluffy

I use betterwaytoweb because it's an easy solution to tags.

7. Vaticc0de

Vaticc0de Active Member

dont mention bandicam you'll remind me of blitzthunder,

obs can be great if you have the right settings, for both higher and lower end systems.

And moviemaker is great for beginners, if you're more advanced i would suggest sony vegas or adobe premier pro

but then again what do i know, I'm just a man who develops mineman clients in his basement :^)

8. JadeEpicP

JadeEpicP Forum Enthusiast

Honestly making YouTube videos is less about the quality of the stuff you use for the video, but the quality of the video itself. For example you don't need to have a Yeti mic to make a good YouTube video, you just need to make content that entertains people enough to stick around and watch more of your content.

9. Jawed

Jawed Forum Enthusiast

nah to get the views you upload some asmr

https://youtube.com/channel/UCLRrxPsvmA78l6aTC6QTK7g

10. Cyrious

Cyrious Forum Enthusiast

This is horribly wrong, let me help you guys out with some titles.

MINECRAFT 2 RELEASED???? I HAVE BEST HACK CLIENT EVER?! *emoji* *emoji*

THIS DUDE GOT BODIED *crying laughing emoji*

Be sure to put some nice boobs in the thumbnail too, or add a little red circle, IT HAS TO BE RED, red circle with an arrow pointing to something happening in the video.

Everything aside, this is a good tutorial.

• Informative Informative x 1