Faction chat (Staff please read)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Bradfor925, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradfor925

Bradfor925 Forum Enthusiast

Hi, I'm here to talk about a comeback I hear so much on Minetime Factions and it is quite Disturbing. People are using "You're Autistic" For the most stupid reasons. I was wondering if all staff members could please talk about making "Autistic" a blacklisted word. Because it shouldn't really be something that's laughed about. Thank you.

P.S. I didn't know what forums to put this in.
    P.P.S. I have proof of someone saying it -
    https://gyazo.com/9067c79b4d4e5f16a04682463f63e8aa
    I thought I had more proof but that's all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sooplie

Sooplie Expert Member

If you see something inappropriate being said in chat report it to an online staff member, or post a player report using this format in the player report section.

Unfortunately your screenshot can not be accepted since it is cropped and only full size screenshots are allowed.

It is saddening for people to think that it's okay to say certain things, but at the end of the day it's a random person, behind a computer, on a server. As for certain words being blacklisted, I personally think there is a need for a lot of words but it's up to administrators. A problem with this as well is people tend to bypass blacklisted words by using asterisks, spaces, or dashes.

3. Anders

Anders Notable Member

I frankly disagree, as much hate as I will get because really it is my faction that uses this stuff. This stuff happens on the server yea, it's bad, it's not moral but really like @Sooplie said, it is just a person behind a computer screen. I have never taken a single thing said to me on this server offensively, I actually find when people make/try to make fun of me on this server kinda entertaining. I do however see your concern it's just if we blacklist this, what next because there is always the new word or the next thing. I do not believe this is the place for the discussion though, there is an off-topic section you should have used.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Logo

Logo Canadian, Eh?
    Premium

Please refer to: https://www.minetime.com/threads/report.31049/

5. Anders

Anders Notable Member

Only one of those looks to be specifically targeted towards you, honestly iBigPapi (Previously ReportingYouLive or WritingYouUp) is a big mouth player, he will insult you in some form or another. Whether he uses the word autistic or not he knows how to get under ones skin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bradfor925

I understand what you mean @Behemothic and @Sooplie Yes it's someone behind a computer screen, I do understand it's nothing to worry about but, it's disgusting and something should be done, I think a warning will be good enough. It's not just iBigPapi that's saying it. It's other people as well, but I never get to capture it. I do also understand most Faction server's are seen to be the least friendly towards most of the people that play on that server. Anyway thanks...

(I do know that IBigPapi is ReportingYouLive/WritingYouUp.)
    EDIT: Please do something about iBigPapi. he doesn't know when to stop annoying everyone and being rude.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Lewis

Lewis Judas

I know right...I was on Factions earlier and somebody was talking about Autism in a really bad way..I have it myself NO JOKE but it is mild you can bearly notice it. Why not blacklist Autistic...The end.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheLastStraw

TheLastStraw Forum Enthusiast

Well I'm sure ibigpapi has relationship problems and can't control his anger.
    Ok.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anders

Anders Notable Member

I do not condone the use of it but if we blacklist it, what next. We would have people asking 24/7 to blacklist a new word, another thing that people start using to harass many.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLastStraw

TheLastStraw Forum Enthusiast

Players will eventually find loopholes through this blacklist. So it can only be controlled by staff and player reports.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

If it's your faction, why don't you make them stop? You know that they are doing it so why not do something about it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bradfor925

It's not in our faction. It's in a few different factions.

13. Anders

Anders Notable Member

You do not know how my faction works, sometimes we are a democracy and sometimes a dictatorship. All in all I will not and could not if I tried, tell them to stop. I will however punish them if need be and they know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.