5k Giveaway

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by iPizza, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPizza

iPizza Dedicated Minetimer

Hey all,

I recently made a thread involving my recent inactivity and how it may stay like that for a while, and how I'll periodically pop online to have a chat to everyone (You can find the thread here)
    I felt like I should give something to a member of the community who needs it most.
    To win this $5,000 Skyblock money, you must write a small paragraph (Preferably 100 or less words) on why you need the money, and what you will do with it. Please, take your time and don't rush it - The most convincing paragraph wins.

I will be announcing the winner on the 14th August at roughly 4:00pm AEST.

Best of luck! :)

*UPDATE* -13/08/15
    Current top 3 (Not in order):
    @Maxxxy910
    @GavX
    @Hop
    They will be put into a random selector and a winner will be selected and notified at the appointed time.

WINNER: @GavX
    CONGRATULATIONS! :) I look forward to seeing you in-game.

#1 iPizza, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

My In-Game-Name is Hopsicles. I want the money because it would take me straight to my goal of $40,000 dollars. Once I have hit that goal, I would probably use it to buy expensive materials for me and @10freckles business center. If you want to check it out, go to /warp 10hops and go to the huge building to the north-east. I may also spend it to expand my gold farm (/warp 10hafk). Thanks! :)

3. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

I'm a poor man, this money would be used in the best fashion, spent on only the best (beacons, spawner, $50,000 cobblestone etc.).
    I have recently been working very hard in game for personal reasons. Of course, I will not tell you this but I wish to make amendments.

This money would go towards improving my island. I still have not yet finished placing the grass, and I am wanting to build some houses and foliage. Alough, this may not be due to a lack of money but, laziness. Still, a little bit of money could go a long way in my world. It would be used in the best fashion.

I am also working on a new section of my island that will be full of farms. So farm I have a cow, chicken, cane and slime farm. This planned to grow, but I need funding to increase the size and support and ideas of what to add.

There are also 8 bare pillars in my shop that I have no idea what to do with, and a little bit of money would help improve this. I'm sure it would make it look that much better.

I was recently scammed and this money would help me recover after this event and get me back on track to meet goal.

You saw today, I am helping Jamie370 build the Alpaca Tower, full of Quartz and other expencive materials. $5,000 would defiantly help fund this project, and that would be one problem ticked of our list.

I know this is a long response and very rambley, but I greatly need this money. It would be given to a great cause and as I said it would be used in the best way it could, better than anyone else (cheap ;D).

I know we talked in game about this, and I do not want you to choose me just because we are friends. I want this to be fair. Maybe choose the top 3 responses and use a random selector. I'm sorry if this is rude, it is your giveaway and I'm sorry. <3

One last thing, this is 377 words long. Does this mean I'm disqualified?

Thanks for doing this, it's generous! :)
    Congratulations in advance to the winner!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MattieHD

MattieHD Dedicated Minetimer

My IGN is MattieHD and I am in need of this $5000. My reasons are:
    1. Recently, one of my skyblock friends, Detroum, is scammed. I hope I can help him by giving more than the $2500 I have promised.
    2. I need $500 for repairing my home full of holes.
    May the best man gets the $2500!!!

5. iRaids

iRaids Forum Enthusiast

I appreciate you giving away 5k =D.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 10freckles

10freckles Dedicated Minetimer

My name is 10freckles. The top donator of /warp Hangout. I have donated 2,500 to you and I'm a good friend of yours.
    I gave you half of that alone. That's why I think I should get the money. You're a great person and thank you for doing this.
    Thank You.:)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. prodigy34

prodigy34 Forum Enthusiast

My IGN is prodigy34. I need this 5,000 because I recently lost 11k I only had 48$ after that sad day. If I could have this 5,000 it would be amazing.

8. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

entering for a good friend of mine-
    (XxGoldenGunnerxX)
    he is a really cool dude but has no rank yet, i met him a while ago on skywars and i helped him build a shop on skyblock to make him some money but he got scammed by that button thing.
    i now share a island with him and he comes on every now and then.

9. Olivia

Olivia Expert Member

I think the money should be given to people who don't have that much not like people who have over 10k I find that unfair to others.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. ManicMiner__

ManicMiner__ Expert Member

My IGN is ManicMiner__. I want this money to help me improve my island. Recently, I reset my island. I put all of my iron blocks and five beacons into an enderchest to change island. I did not know that since the reset enderchests reset when you reset your island, so I lost all of them. Buying all of the beacons and iron blocks again took half of the money I had, and I would like it back so I can buy more stuff to make a better island.

11. iPizza

iPizza Dedicated Minetimer

I agree with you there. Coming up to the final days I will comment and tag the 3 qualifiers and announce them the following day. Thanks for understanding and good luck. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Masterenderwolf

Masterenderwolf Expert Member

My IGN is Masterenderwolf.
    I'd love this money so I can help improve me and my girlfriend's island since our island recently got griefed by a former friend of mine. Plus I thought if I won the money I could give my girlfriend half of it for a present for her since I love my girlfriend heaps. And I'd also even might use a bit of the money to help my friend Carlo out because he doesn't know much about skyblock. Also one last thing would be to improve my money on skyblock because two days ago I got scammed and lost a lot of my money :(

13. TheLastStraw

TheLastStraw Forum Enthusiast

'a small paragraph' I wonder where that went.
    Why I want this 5k.
    I'm going to buy loads of spawn eggs and spam them around my island and take a screenshot. Then I'll post this up onto minetime. My island is just a big plot of grass so I'm hoping that it would be entirely filled with mobs.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. StarfletcherBANNED

StarfletcherBANNED I can have whatever title I want

I'm new to Skyblock, I haven't played it in a while and want to get into it and this 5k will help me out.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andrew_

Andrew_ Expert Member

It would really help me if I had this 5k, I recently got scammed 15k.

16. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

If you gave me $5K, I would hoard it and pet the /bal display on-screen saying "My precious" in a Gollum-like voice. I think I deserve this money because somebody said if I gave them $5K they'd give me a potato and of course who can turn that offer down.

#16 Daniel, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Andrew_

Andrew_ Expert Member

A potato for 5k? Its just a potato, lol. I have about 4 stacks of potatoes.

18. 10freckles

10freckles Dedicated Minetimer

I think he was being sarcastic...

19. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Kazu

Kazu Forum Enthusiast

Hi, my IGN is GavX, I am helping people out on the skyblock server but right now I'm helping my friend named Pastelz. I would use this money to help out others in need. This would definitely help me help people so I would like the 5k please :D.
    I'm also making a shop on Pastelz island to earn some money but this will take a while since I don't have a lot of money to buy stuff. If you gave me 5k I would appreciate it SO MUCH! Thank you for doing this, this is super generous of you to give 5k. Have a great day everyone and stay lovable <3!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.