Admins on PvPFest [Suggestion]

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by SkullCrusher156, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Jess

Jess Dedicated Minetimer

Well, They'll have to kill more of you if they no longer have the option to fly past you, because without /fly they will have to go through you, whereas fly gives them a choice to leave you alone and go around you to get to their target. So quite frankly you likely will be killed by admins more often if they don't have fly.

2. Me_Goes_MEOW

Me_Goes_MEOW New Member

OK I agree with this but for me a 250$ donator on the server I would litteraly quit OK look if you don't want to die use kit fight and build up never buy stuff at warp shop buy it in auction if anything. If you need anything just ask me I ussaly have 3-4 sets of diamond armor laying around in my inv also most full diam enchants throw out there armor

• Like Like x 1
  3. Me_Goes_MEOW

Me_Goes_MEOW New Member

If they delete fly also no more "Admin fights" I have been playing for about a year and a half now and I am masters at them.

4. iQuakePRo

iQuakePRo New Member

Dude the problem is that now you can't fight them and you can't run from them either!

If you try to fight them and they loose health they fly away!

If you try to run they will catch up to you becuse they are faster!

That means : CAN'T DO **** VS THEM!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. thekingking123

thekingking123 New Member

When i eat an gpapple, they flying and waiting when the regenation is removed.....

6. A potato

A potato New Member

I've played on pvpfest for a while and rarely do I EVER see a admin fighting another admin:( They are just to OP, they should just have a really high jump boost so its kind of like flying but its not as OP as /fly and might get some players to actually play for more than 30 seconds on pvpfest (No offence but new players go out to pvp get killed by admins, then quit).

7. Jess

Jess Dedicated Minetimer

Its like that on every server, even without fly, noobs run out without half a clue what they're doing and die. Then they blame the server and/or call everyone a hacker, and then they ragequit. That's just the cycle of life, or... well.... the cycle of pvp in minecraft anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A potato

A potato New Member

Sorry I mean new players, they do /kit special or whatever and they are immediatly a target for admins. The admins are acctually ruining the server because less people will want to donate because they are getting 1 hit killed with a kit they waited 45 minutes to get.

9. Simulation_LIFE

Simulation_LIFE New Member

I'm an Admin and I do believe removing or putting restrictions on the Admin /fly command will make pvp in PvPFest more enjoyable to a wider range of players. Personally, the /fly command as it is now is just plain unfair, and a more accurate name for this game mode would be SlaughterFest. This command is not much different than players using a hacked client, the outcome will almost always result in the favor of the /fly command or hacked client. So, in my honest opinion, if you're not going to ban players for using hacked clients, don't bother doing anything different with the /fly command because they are both equally unfair when it comes to pvp. You can argue that I could get myself a hacked client to counter another players client but where is the fun in having these hacks do all the fighting for us. Just like the MineTime community is promoting friendliness and good behavior, we should be promoting fair play!

• Like Like x 1
  10. A potato

A potato New Member

People are allowed to use hacked clients?! :mad: What's the point off /fly if you can get nodus or something and just 1 hit everyone even if your not an admin

11. shadeslayer202

shadeslayer202 Forum Enthusiast

Honestly, the Admins will quit if this happens. This is the point you donate $105, to get /fly and other perks. Seeing that taken away is bull**** and there will be much less donations.

12. Simulation_LIFE

You're speaking as if the whole of MineTime depends on PvPFest for donations, it doesn't. Sure, just like with the new Mute Pluging, removing /fly command will probably be frustrating to some of the few Admins that play on SlaughterFest but they will eventually get used to the new, more fair pvp gameplay. Once there is a good alternative to /fly and it's implemented, I'm certain more players will want to play on this game mode. At this point in time, it's just not worth donating for anything under than Admin when it comes to playing in PvPFest. I say this because in order to be on an even playing field with an Admin who can just fly away when they feel their life is threatened, you need to either be an Admin yourself or the /fly command to be removed.

Also, please, read my previous post.

Edit:
    I want to make something clear before any new posts. When I talk about removing /fly command I really mean removing fly during PvP battles.

#52 Simulation_LIFE, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. A potato

A potato New Member

Even if admins quit there are other servers, also if admins quit the server is more fun and enjoable which equals more players with a chance that they will donate. And there are the admins that don't abuse and are fine with it and will stay.

14. jaggie05

jaggie05 New Member

Keep flying its fair because we paid 105+ to get theses commands im timeless so I get all their commands so yeah don't replace fly

15. SmileyMc

SmileyMc New Member

i suggest a simple admin pvp area where fly is =true and the option of anyone going in this zone and then anothe zone where fly is =false and instead they get better kit/ ender pearl type thing? cant take away the advantage they have they paid for it, but limiting it shouldnt be a problem with a compensation of sorts yes paying for admin allows the server to thrive but it also takes the non payers to keep this server any good. population is everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Simulation_LIFE

I understand that you payed $105+ and so did I. Having OP commands when you've payed so much money is fair but when it comes to KitPvp, where an Admin already has the best /kit, fly during combat is just overkill. When a player goes into KitPvP they should expect to go into the field where they combat other players to build up their kits. To have this taken away from them by an Admin that can fly in 1 or 2 shot them and fly then away without even a challenge is just plain wrong; it goes against the very essence of pvp. It's like a God that has everything but wants what you have so you can't do anything about it, just stand there and hope it's over quick.

There are many solutions to this out there already but as long as flying during combat is allowed with those that don't have it, it's going to keep driving regular players away from KitPvP in MineTime, as well as any possible entry donations from these regular players for KitPvP.

• Like Like x 2
  17. A potato

A potato New Member

Well said

18. ArticMelon

ArticMelon New Member

Well, /fly balances out the HACKS (Hint Hint) that people use so like I once flew into a cave & a kit fight 2 hit me. I had full prot1 armor & that proves that the hacking balances out the flying. So what that admins can fly? They pay money because they want the command because they are tired of getting killed &/ or want to help the server they love. I try to team with everyone I can as long as they don't try to kill me. If you do take away /fly then the essence of the whole entire donating reason is just NO REASON AT ALL I know as a fact that pretty much every admin/timeless would leave. Everyone at least has one teammate at one time or another to help them survival the blood feet happening there. Most of the important people like MAIN PEOPLE OF SERVERS WOULD QUIT & where's the person you look up to? Don't take away /fly. I know all admins would be very furious even if they didn't play the Kit-PvP! They paid the money to do it & now they love it! They have fun & all anyone thatgets killed that doesn't have a rank complains & complains every though they had nothing/kit right & it's just FAIR!!! WE PAID

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Simulation_LIFE

Agreed.

20. iQuakePRo

iQuakePRo New Member

Well now this post doesn't have any meaning anymore... the problem now is HACKERS...

i think nearly half the server now uses hacked clients like Forcefield, Aimbot, Flyhacks and more. Now admins can just stand on the ground without us even touching them. If you go on the server now you can't play more then 2 minutes before meeting a hacker...

This is now a bigger problem than that admins have /fly

• Agree Agree x 1