Youtube Rank

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by WizardlyGamingYT, Sep 11, 2018.

1. WizardlyGamingYT

WizardlyGamingYT Active Member

I am streaming currently. And I came up with the idea of a Youtube rank. Tons of other big servers have the youtube rank. king_mitchell, one of the most known people on the sever, has a youtube channel, but he doesn't get recognition. Tons of other people also have Youtube channels and they advertise the server regularly. Maybe making a Youtube rank will boost up the server a bit. You can do the requirements for it and everything but i'm just making the idea.

My Thoughts:

-Minimum of 500 Subscribers.
    -Minimum of 1,500 Views
    -Apply on Forums

2. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

nah much higher requirements and its already been suggested many times

3. WizardlyGamingYT

WizardlyGamingYT Active Member

I know what you're saying about the requirements, but Minetime is a much smaller server, when we start getting more popularity we can increase the requirements.

4. Haeria

Haeria Forum Enthusiast

We have had people over the years make videos and stream on the server. I feel that could be a "free" way of advertising the server.

5. xMqstical

xMqstical Active Member

I don't know so much about a youtube rank, it would ruin the community, people would always be begging/ asking for youtube rank. It would be a hassle for the staff to deal with.

6. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

There wont be one until bMan or some admin feels you're actually big enough to even be considered. So until someone here looks professional and dedicated you shouldn't bother asking

7. Beeman

Administrator

Link your youtube channel please.

8. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

Make sure you leave a like and subscribe, also join the notification squad so you won't miss any new videos!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Masterenderwolf

Masterenderwolf Expert Member

Might be useful for advertising our playground so perhaps it could be implemented?
    It has been mentioned in the past, also I was never aware the server had any 'well known' youtubers on the server besides some lad from ages ago who had the youtuber rank and did a video on skywars.

10. TheFrikinAsian

TheFrikinAsian Forum Enthusiast

Throwing my opinion into the hat, I strongly do not think one should apply or ask for a Youtuber rank. You should "show" the server you are worthy of recognition via rank.

I would consider worthy requirements not be the numbers on one's profile but by the content they produce.

11. Istok

Premium

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgXzz5qhyipFAXV6FWoeDQg/videos

So you're suggesting videos of this quality deserve any type of elevated privileges on the server? Just because he sub-botted his channel (I'm assuming he did by his video quality and view count) to be "one of the most known people on minetime with a youtube channel" doesn't mean he produces videos of good quality that deserve to be given a special rank for. If you can find an active minetime player that makes videos of good quality with atleast some type of expertise and respectability that attract players and that someone could actually enjoy watching, there would be a reason to make this post, but as of now, this post is useless. Just my take on the topic.

12. Masterenderwolf

Masterenderwolf Expert Member

You just opened up my mind beatifully. I decided to check out his channel since you linked it, and well he's not really an example of someone who could help advertise the server. I came to this conclusion based on the excessive immature commentary in one video and the quality of the others. To anyone offended by this I am sorry it is anyways just my observations and opinion.

• Like Like x 1