Sugg. for "suicide threat" rule

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by xXFadedShadowXx, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXFadedShadowXx

xXFadedShadowXx Active Member

Hi, I'm Patrick (xXFadedShadowXx) and I wanted to suggest an idea that can help with the "suicide threat" rule. I didn't know that when someone on a server says "I want to kill myself" is considered to be under the rule of "suicide threat" and receive a temporary ban when i thought that rule only applies to someone telling another person to commit suicide (an actual threat). My idea to help situations like these in the servers is that when someone says "I want to kill myself" or anything along those lines to somehow send them a message in the Minecraft game like the ban warning message saying "Please contact this email to gain access back to the server" with a provided email or some type of contact support with someone that's willing to help the person through what they're going through. And i know there's people in the community that have probably said something along those lines of wanting to commit suicide but didn't really mean it and were "joking". My suggestion for that is to go ahead and send them that email warning message denying their access to the server and they can tell the email that they were "joking" and in return they receive an email warning about how suicide isn't a joking matter and get a temporary ban. People who are actually going through something can gain access back to the server after contacting the email. I've came up with this idea because one of my faction members maybe a month ago said he wanted to kill himself in prison server chat and received a temporary ban for it, luckily he was joking and actually didn't want to and we talked on skype how giving a temporary ban to a suicidal person is kind of really stupid and could make things worse for that person because I've gone through a suicidal stage in my life before a few years ago and Minetime is one of my favorite servers and last thing i would want is a door slammed in my face with a temporary ban for expressing how i feel in chat. Makes the person feel worse about themselves and being isolated even more.

2. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

1. If you're going to joke on the internet you need to really show that you're joking. It's kinda hard to tell if someone is joking or not.

2. Who exactly would people contact? Do you want a staff member to talk to depressed players or???

3. Did you create this thread just because you were temp banned?

4. If you're depressed minecraft/internet ain't the place to talk about it.

3. xXFadedShadowXx

Seriously expect a simple suggestion thread that has no explanation or solution to the problem to why I'm making this and it being accepted to be looking in to further? Most likely not so please keep untopic remarks to yourself and take 2 minutes to read past a 3rd grade level, tired from just waking up or not :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. xXFadedShadowXx

For your #1, i know its hard to know the difference, theres like 0% of knowing so thats why i said suggested in my thread to go ahead and send them the email and they can explain themselves to the person and if they were joking they would get a email warning about how it isnt funny to joke around and a receive temporary ban,
    For your #2 Yes, someone in the staff members or if this idea actually get accepted, im sure we could find a way, its only a suggestion right now, i don't have ALL the answers,
    For your #3 no i havent ever been tempbanned or anything of the sorts but I've seen people get banned and I've never seen them again so its that feeling you get to thinking "Did they actually do it? or what?" and even if i did get tempbanned, my suggestion would still give me the bad end of the stick where id have to say im joking and still get the temp ban.....
    For your #4 I'm not exactly sure if you get how depression/suicidal thoughts work.... sorry if I'm wrong if you've personally ever felt depressed or anything in any way but most people come to the internet as an outlet to escape reality and their thoughts where they think they're useless and use the internet as a second world i guess you can say so express themselves, and i dont mean just right out say like "hey how are you, i want to kill my self" , but where people are pushed to their limits and might actually say "Im going to kill myself"

#4 xXFadedShadowXx, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  5. xXFadedShadowXx

Sorry if i might of taken it the wrong way, but it sounded like you were saying a wrote a paragraph over non sense over a serious subject, when you just wanted me to write in correct English format, I just want to get my suggestion out there, i dont care if its not in MLA format or not, as long as my input is out there. @True Vision

6. xXFadedShadowXx

What certain sentences?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.