Staff/General Updates and Minecon Sale

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Collin, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

Hello Minetimers!

I am creating this thread to announce major staff updates, general status updates, and a surprise sale that will be used to fund @Drake Hubbard's Minecon expenses.

Staff News:
    As some of you may know, we haven't exactly had an ideal staff situation here at Minetime up until now. Staff members didn't have their ranks on all servers, didn't have a good guide to help them be a staff member, and didn't have all the permissions they needed to effectively combat abuse. We also didn't have enough staff members. I am excited to announce that all of this is changing today. I've setup a great new banning/muting plugin with the following features:
    • Instant synching of bans, mutes, etc. to all Minetime servers
    • Completely customized lang file with fancy, useful messages (example, example2)
    • Useful commands prevent abuse (such as /staffrollback and /staffhistory)
    I've also overhauled staff ranks as a whole. Staff members now have their respective ranks on all Minetime servers, a very detailed 5-page "Minetime Staff Documentation" document, and more commands/abilities to help them combat rule-breakers. I have also promoted two new staff members, @Joel and @Nuggets. I feel these promotions are overdue, but I didn't want new staff members to have to deal with our old, messy situation until I fixed everything up. Furthermore, I will be promoting all current Helpers to Moderators. I would like everyone to take a moment to thank our current staff members. They have served and continue to serve Minetime by dedicating their time to make the server a friendlier place, and have put up with our (no longer! :D) convoluted staff situation for a while now. Staff applications will be open soon.

Other News:
    The PvpFest reset is practically ready, but I have been holding off on it until one of PvpFest's most important plugins is updated to support 1.8.3. As soon as that happens, the highly-anticipated PvpFest reset will arrive. The details of the Survival reset are a long story that I will not go into in this thread, but I will say that the reset has been commissioned to a talented development team and is currently in the works. I think it's in everyone's best interest that I stop releasing ETAs for server resets and rather just make an announcement a few days before a server will reset, as I have had many problems lately with delays caused be factors that are beyond my control.

Surprise Sale News:
    At Minetime, both the administration and you all take sales very seriously. We don't run massive sales (example: 75% off) like other networks do, and our sales are scheduled and infrequent. Sales are huge revenue boosters for Minetime and all of you have come to expect a high level of professionalism in the way we run our sales. I'm telling you this to stress that, although we are having an unplanned sale this weekend, don't expect that this will become a regular ordeal. The only sales you should expect are the Easter sale, the June 1 sale (Minetime's anniversary), and the Christmas sale and all of those are 25% off. Now to explain the surprise sale...

For anyone who doesn't live in Europe, attending Minecon this year is very expensive. The trip is upwards of $2,000 USD per person. It is confirmed that Emily, my brother and I will be attending, but we'd also like Drake to be able to go with us (for those who don't know, @Drake Hubbard is my IRL friend and one of my favorite people, like, ever :)). To fund Drake's expenses, I am launching a 25% off sale that will run on Saturday. All revenue generated on Saturday will be used to fund Drake's trip until Drake is 100% funded. After enough revenue has been generated to cover Drake's expenses, the sale will continue until the end of the day and additional revenue will be allocated normally.

I hope you found this update to be useful and informative. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Prescar

Prescar Helper

Congratulations Joel and Nuggets! I know you two will do great. Also, congratulations to all the Helpers! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Matt0

Matt0 Forum Enthusiast

@Joel You did it buddy!!! I Knew you could do it :D Congrats to you and nuggets, You guys will be very good helpers. <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kyleep

Kyleep Retired Moderator

I think more than just 2 more helpers are needed. Atleast a good 50 or so, lol. There is never enough online to prevent spammers and advertisers etc. However, this should be very good for Minetime and hopefully help it a lot more.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. militia81

militia81 Anonymous-Spy

Wow! Congradulations to Joel! And Congradulations to Nuggets! You both will serve this Server into a better Future! And to collin, Great job writing this! You da man!!

#5 militia81, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

I agree. As the post says, staff applications will be open soon.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kyleep

Kyleep Retired Moderator

Okay, thats a good thing. Actual applications though or will you just be randomly selecting active members of the forums that you feel are good enough to be helper?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Prescar

Prescar Helper

He would take everything into consideration. This would include how long he/she is active, behavior in game, and attitude towards players.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Kyleep

Kyleep Retired Moderator

My question was applications or what you said... But I know that he would take all of them things into consideration, as would everyone else :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ALECWALL

ALECWALL Dedicated Minetimer

Cannot wait for applications to come out. Congratulations to all the staff that was ranked up. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MintyDelight

MintyDelight New Member

Joel :,) you grew up so fast

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. MintyDelight

MintyDelight New Member

Collin sometimes I feel like donating mass amounts of money to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bradfor925

Bradfor925 Forum Enthusiast

Congrats @Joel and @Nuggets on getting helper you two deserve it! Especially you Joel! :D (Sorry Nuggets) xD
    EDIT: I might apply for staff when the staff apps are reopened but I don't think I would get it, but you just don't know... :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. militia81

militia81 Anonymous-Spy

I felt the same before..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MintyDelight

MintyDelight New Member

I know I've bought ranks for a lot of people ._.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LUCASBRAGZ

LUCASBRAGZ Dedicated Minetimer

Congratulations to the both of you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MintyDelight

MintyDelight New Member

Minecon needs to come to the Javits Center in New York :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bradfor925

Bradfor925 Forum Enthusiast