1. Hey Guest, go check out the new PvPFest reset on the network!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Prison will be reset August 17th - Stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Something Radical

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bman, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Bman

Administrator

Minecraft accounts: xBMAN
    [9.15.2018] We would love your feedback on Skyblock! Take a few minutes to fill out the Feedback Form here: https://goo.gl/forms/hSWPq29XiMhztj3L2

Hello,

Since becoming an Administrator little over a year ago, I have tried to push out new resets to bring in new players and expand our community. For the past several years, the Minetime community has continued to shrink, as with the general Minecraft community. After the Prison reset in July 2017, Minetime experienced a boost in players and was able to experience a turn around for several months.

It is clear that the Prison reset has been a complete failure.

For those who have spoken to me over Discord over the past few weeks, I haven't been optimistic about the future of the network.

But, maybe something can change.

Here's what I have in mind:
    • New releases of the following gamemodes: Skyblock, Creative, Survival, OP PvP, Factions.
    • Keep all current gamemodes in a "legacy" server that can still be accessed (e.g /server oldskyblock).
    • Simplify the ranks to reflect the following (Your current rank --> Your new rank):
      • Timeless --> Timeless
      • CEO, Admin --> Prime
      • MVP, Executive --> CEO
      • Premium, Enhanced, VIP --> VIP
    • A stricter anticheat + ban hacking on Factions, OP PvP.
    What do you think? Continue the discussion below!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
  2. ButterButs

ButterButs New Member

Sounds Good Brandon!

3. hihihi333

hihihi333 Dedicated Minetimer

Sounds great, If anything comes up in my mind ill let you know

4. FallOutKryptic

FallOutKryptic Dedicated Minetimer

I think this is a very good suggestion but there is also a problem with the pvp on the server prison OP pvp ect. but i would support this very much.

5. AlienProduct

AlienProduct Active Member

I think its a good Idea

6. Quwaii

Quwaii Active Member

Sounds so retarded too stop hacking just get a new ******* owner and develop the server

p.s-You're trying to kill the server at this point

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Pablo

Pablo Forum Enthusiast

@MW24THEWIN They you go dude.

I love it!

8. Spikekinglucario

OLD SKYBLOCK? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. BMXCHRIS

BMXCHRIS Active Member

Everything sounds good but the banning hacking on OP Pvp + Factions. Also, if we paid more than CEO. Why should we be in the same rank as them. Will you refund all the people who are getting screwed by combining the ranking system.

10. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder
    Head Builder Build Team Contest Winner

Banning hacks on two servers doesn’t really sound like the best idea. You would have to either ban it on the whole network or just keep it as it currently is, otherwise it would very likely cause a lot of confusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MW24THEWIN

MW24THEWIN Dedicated Minetimer

Unless crew is pushing no hacks, I see no need for strict anticheat/banning hackers. If you do this, minetime will just become Mineverse. If skyblock is reset something like the way it was when there was a money glitch, the one where someone had 600 creeper spawners on their island, then that would be a good reset.

12. Bman

Administrator

Minecraft accounts: xBMAN
    We will be using a custom Skyblock plugin :).

I am very aware of the risk of banning the use of hacks - but I still think the risk is worth taking. I am not set in stone with that idea, but at the very least, I think the anticheats must be kept up to date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PyroFreak4Life

Yes good idea!

14. ArcTrooper504

ArcTrooper504 Dedicated Minetimer

Please modify the skyblock shop prices to be a bit more reasonable and have certain crops or drops sell more then others

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. SouthPaw32

SouthPaw32 Dedicated Minetimer

Brandon. This sounds like it will be the best MineTime update ever.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Dedicated Minetimer

@Bman dont **** up the shop prices for MT like you did MV haha

Anyways the current state of the server is terrible, so I'm all for change. Ill always be biased towards hacking though. But all this is of course useless, if the server is not advertised. We can do all the resets, updates, and plug-ins we can possibly do, but there still won't be any new players joining because they don't even know Minetime EXISTS.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WizardlyGamingYT

WizardlyGamingYT Active Member

Agreed

18. SuperCoolWimp

SuperCoolWimp OOF! OOF!

This will be a BIG change, and could help or hurt the community. Personally, I think this OP PvP reset would be better legit due to the like 5 hit buffs that come in the strength and axes. That being said these changes would be very risky and hard to implement. Many nonactive forum members could have no clue about the no hacking rule put in place.

But, at this point minetime is in dire need of change. In my opinion I say why not give it a try and see how it effects the server. A majority of the old players are gone now, so why not try to appeal for a new player base whilst having other servers to keep the old players.

With the appeal to new servers, I 100% agree ranks need a name change as many people are mislead to think donators are staff. This can be annoying for the donators and the mislead player as a "admin" can't actually help them if they need help. The rank change would also come along with the slowly added "No hacking" feel and a overall "new minetime" feel.

I can see how this could help or hurt the server, and now the the community is at the smallest it has ever been, I say go for it. At this point the only thing I can see helping the server is change.

19. TheFrikinAsian

TheFrikinAsian Forum Enthusiast

Minecraft accounts: TheFrikinAsian
    I don't PvP and I don't use hacks, so the anti-cheat/hack aspect don't effect me. I am all for change. I was literally talking with a friend about what the server should do to get MT back to where it should be and it was literally this. Resets but have legacy servers for those that don't like change.

I don't know how you are doing it, but I had said that once you have the server fixed, gotta go heavy on the advertising.

You got this man. Gotta keep your head up.

20. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

Sounds nice Brandon, however I wouldn't remove hacking on factions, I'd just add obby breaker but that's just my opinion. Hopefully the server can be revived :)

• Agree Agree x 1