Some new ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by drtshock, Jan 27, 2014.

1. drtshock

drtshock Forum Enthusiast

Right now I am pretty much done with development of two new games for Minetime. They are just in the testing phase and hopefully nearing release. That means we need new ideas!

If you have any ideas for a new game, let me know! Please give a detailed description of the game, gameplay, classes, how to win, stats to track, and whatever else you think would be cool. Games that you shouldn't suggest:
    • Survivalgames
    • The walls
    • One in the chamber
    • Prop hunt / hide and seek / block hunt
    • TNT Run
    • Spleef
    • Paintball
    We are looking for a NEW minigame to make that no one else has. Please post original ideas and if it's good, I will do what I can to bring it to life if Collin wants me to :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hazzastibbs

Hazzastibbs Forum Enthusiast

I was thinking of a Mini-Game recently but I haven't thought of the full details.

3. QueenofAmazing

Premium

Pink men Slappin on Eachother
    Not original but, it's still kinda cool

4. That One Dude

That One Dude New Member

*Drumroll*
    How About: X-Run
    Most people already know what it is but if you don't here is a brief discription to get you pumped about it:
    A fast paced minigame where you run superfast and have to run through obstacle courses to beat your opponents.
    The winner is crowned X-Runner

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. That One Dude

That One Dude New Member

If not, how about capture the flag, [NOT ADVERTISING] well, it's CTF i was thinking like the one on the lavacraft server, if anyone knows what i'm talking about but a simple game where there are 2 bases or castles and 2 teams, red and blue. The object of the game is to get to the enemy flag, pick it up and bring it safeley to your base, i think it could be fun. Weapon suggestions: Sharpness 2 stone sword and power 3 bow with infinity. When the players spawn in depending on their team, they have a block on their head to indicate which team (Red wool or blue wool) no armor so its not like pvp but to where you need teamwork.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Jgeropero

Jgeropero Forum Enthusiast

Still Advertising

7. Jgeropero

What about role play

8. ArticMelon

ArticMelon New Member

We have enough of that on creative.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Icy_

Icy_ Dedicated Minetimer

I'd have to agree, I'd love CTF on the server. Not many servers have it as a mini game, so it would be kind of original. There could be new maps instead of the boring MW2/MW3 capture the flag maps.

10. Jgeropero

ikr

11. Icy_

Icy_ Dedicated Minetimer

Creative is basically a role-play/dating server. Most people use it for that. But creative is still good and I still use it to make awesome builds with my friends. We don't need a role-play server xD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thrawt

Thrawt Expert Member

I'd love to see "The Walls". I've seen many Youtube videos this, it looks like fun.
    It might be to much, but a UHC (Ultra Hard Core) game. Or maybe keep it for a special event once in a while.

13. da boss

da boss New Member

i want to help

14. Hasan

Hasan Expert Member

I really want to test out Paintball, but I'm not a beta tester yet.

15. drtshock

drtshock Forum Enthusiast

I said no walls games.

CTF is a generic game, I want something original.

I said no paintball, how does that make you think we're testing it..? :c

16. ArticMelon

ArticMelon New Member

Ooh how about something like LevelsPvP?

17. Icy_

Icy_ Dedicated Minetimer

Maybe a parkour game, like escape from the ender dragon? I've seen a few people wanting a parkour server.

18. anar hajiyev

anar hajiyev New Member

A game where tools are guns. For example, diamond tools are Tier IV guns. For food you would have rotten flesh, and there would be an average sized map where people can kill. They will be assigned to two teams, Red team and Blue team. Spider webs are barbed wire, and takes damage of you when you walk into it. There are chests spread out across the arena. In some places, you can get diamond armor (make that very rare) but mostly you find leather armor and sometimes iron. In each place there is an enderchest, and pvplogging is not allowed.

OR
    There are 4 teams assigned to different colours. The teams have a patch of land, moderately far from the other teams. There would be blocks such as 'Farm Block' and when you place it on your land, a farm is built in 10 seconds automatically. In each place you build (place the block), there is a chest, in that chest is an item to do with what you built. In an armoury there would be an enchanted sword, or some cool thing like a blaze rod named 'Mage Staff' which when you right click with, throws tnt (10 second cooldown). @@CollinPotato message me if you want further details as there is much more detail!

19. xX_Hell_Angle_Xx

xX_Hell_Angle_Xx New Member

Maybe a hybrid of capture the flag and the walls each team gets a time limit were they gather resources and then head to battle Protecting there base and overcoming obstacles like parkour and other types of stuff wile also battling there opponents but you get to keep your inventory the whole game, how about it?

20. Derpachus

Derpachus New Member

I was thinking a variation of a Team Deathmatch, Zero Gravity. In this variation, whenever you jump, you jump about 30-50 blocks in the air, making it extremely hard to kill. Hunger doesnt go down. Here is some ideas for kits, which donor kits have a 10 minute cooldown.:
    Assassin: Leather armor, Protection 1, with an enchanted gold sword with sharpness 4, unbreaking 3, speed 3 applied
    Archer: Leather Armor, Protection 1, with a bow with Infinity, Flame 2, Unbreaking 3, Power 3, Slowness 3 applied
    Healer: Golden Armor, Protection 1, with a gold sword that heals you whenever you pvp. 16 Instant heal potions are in the kit.
    Lord (Available to Timeless, )"Oh Lordy" This kit comes with protection 4 diamond armor, diamond sword with fire 2, sharpness 5.
    Necromancer (Available to Admin and Timeless) "Beware the necromancer!" This kit comes equipped with Protection 1 Chain armor, with a sharpness 3 stone sword that can heal your monster friends. The kit also comes with a zombie spawner to help give you're team a boost.
    Engineer (Available to Executive and above) "Turrets, turrets, and more turrets!" This kit comes with a turret that you can load with arrows to kill you're high flying opponents. The armor is iron with protection 1. The kit comes with a sharpness 3, fire 2 iron sword that reloads your arrows when you pvp.
    Tank(Available to VIP and above)"Your unstoppable!" This kit comes with Protection 5 diamond armor and a sharpness 1 stone sword, giving your enemies a real taste of unstoppable fear before they meet their stealy demise.
    Potato(Available to all donor ranks) Nothing better than pvp'ing with a potato. This kit comes with protection 1 chain armor, a sharpness 4 potato and 10 "Poison Potato Bombs" to give your enemies the sweet taste of potatoness while killing them.
    Grenadier: This kit comes with protection 1 chain head and boots and leather chest and pants. The weapons that come with the kit are a Sharpness 3 Iron sword, and 15 Grenades.

EDIT 1/28: The stats to track would be the kills of each team and you, and the winner is the team with the most kills after an allotted time period

EDIT 1/30: More kits will be added soon.

#20 Derpachus, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1