Skywars Guide

Discussion in 'Guides & How-To's' started by Snorlax, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Skywars Guide

[​IMG]

Introduction

To begin a game of Skywars, you jump into the portal and wait for enough people to start a game. You are then stuck inside a glass box that is on top of your Skywars island. After the required amount of players is reached (amounts are anywhere from 4-19 people in a game), the game has a 10 second countdown. If any players leave during the countdown, it will stop and you will have to wait for the map to fill up with the required players again.

[​IMG]

Once the countdown expires, the block on the bottom of the glass box will disappear, dropping you onto your Skywars island. On the island will be 1-2 chests, containing pieces of armor, food, and usually a weapon. Your goal is to kill every other player. You can travel to every island by ender pearls or blocks to find everyone. The last player standing wins.

Shop

[​IMG]

The Shop is the key part of winning Skywars. You can access the Shop GUI with /shop either while in game or in the lobby at any time. Every item comes in a different quantity and price. You can buy weapons, armor, xp bottles, food, etc.

Click here for a list of all items in the shop

<><>Keep in mind that any items bought in the lobby before a game will disappear when you jump into the portal.<><>

You can earn money by voting at any of the two vote sites, which can be found at /vote.
    You can check your balance with /bal.

Point System

Points basically determine how good you are at Skywars. You earn points for kills and wins, and lose points for deaths and leaving a game. Your points can go negative if you are Matt and are a loser. You can check your points by typing /g (Message), which is basically Skywars’ shout.
    /g is /global

[​IMG]

Without typing G, your chat can only be seen locally. For example, if I typed “Teabag is my wife” in the lobby, the only people that would see it are the people in the lobby. If I typed it in a game, the only people that would be able to see it are the people in that game.

If you use /g before a sentence, everyone can see your chat. So, if I typed “/g Sam is dumb”, people in the lobby and people in any game would be able to see it. Global chat lists your rank (twice for some reason lol), name, points, and message.
    In the green, where it says (+76), are my points.
    If your points are negative, they are listed in red. You can see them where it says (-1)
    ffq.jpg
    Gain and Loss of Points:

Win - +10 points

Kill - +3 points

Death/Left Game - -1 point
    77777.png

Winning Strategies

There are a lot of ways to win at Skywars, and most of them involve shop. But for all of them you may want to download a client. If you do not already have a client, you can learn how to get one here. Remember it probably isn’t a good idea to spend your money on eggs and snowballs (because people with clients won’t be knocked back by them) or xp bottles (you usually won’t have enough time to locate and use an enchantment table).

[​IMG]

One way to win is to buy a Diamond Chestplate, bow, about a stack of arrows, 4-8 ender pearls, and a Golden Apple (only if there isn’t already some in your island chests). In your chests take the best helmet and boots that there are, a weapon (if there is no diamond sword pick an axe), any gapples, building blocks, and food. There are two ways from here:

1. Use the blocks to build up to your starting glass box. Then, build a cage around it and wait. Shoot anyone who comes near you, until there is only a few people left. Then try to either make your way to the middle or go find them using blocks/enderpearls. Either shoot them from the island near them or use your gapple(s) and attempt to kill them with a sword or an axe.

2. If you buy these items while you are sitting in your glass box, once the game starts you can quickly take what you need from your chests. Then use an enderpearl/build to the middle and get what there is. At this point you should have a Diamond Chestplate, Diamond Helmet, Iron Boots, and a Diamond Sword. Then, enderpearl/build to every other island, killing everyone on the way.

[​IMG]

This method requires a little more money, but it is a lot more fun. You will either need a client with decent Flight or a lot of enderpearls. First, get the armor and weapons out of your chests. Then, eat a gapple and then Fly/Pearl to every other island. Place a ton of tnt and light it, then Fly/Pearl back to your island. If the player survives, their health will be low so you can go back and kill them. Do this to everyone and if there is another player with decent gear, you will probably have to actually fight them.

You can also try to build over to islands with and pvp with just the stuff in your chests, but what’s the point in that? Abusing /shop sounds much more fun and makes it easier to win :)

Extra

You can leave a game by typing /sw leave
    You can see who is dead or alive by looking at the leaderboard on the right of your screen.

[​IMG]

In /g, you can use color codes by typing &&(#)(#).

[​IMG]

For example, on this I did &&66 Popcorn is &&llweird

Visit this website to see all possible color/text codes.

Because you have access to /shop in the lobby, you can buy enderpearls and teleport to the island next to the spawn and mess around.

Thank you for reading :D
    If I missed anything feel free to comment :)

+Thanks to @Matthew for /sw start-ing the game for me so I could get screenshots ._.
    +Thanks to @xBMAN for showing me many times how to use the tnt and fly method D:<
    +Thanks to all of my example people I used throughout the thread :3​

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

Wow, this is really good!

3. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Thanks fren

btw if you didn't notice, you're bad

4. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

good guide, if only this was actually relevant. Skywars is sooo ded

5. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

messages tho

nah but if you can get people to join eventually you can get a couple games going at once

6. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Amazing guide ;3!

7. Yoowy

Yoowy Expert Member

double post ez demote

8. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Whoops I had bad internet at the time it loads to send the message but then stops and nothing appears. I didn't realize I sent it twice ;-; pls don't hurt me.

Anyway back on topic.

9. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

too late already BANT

ok

lol

10. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Thank you for creating this guide. I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this. I'm sure this will be very useful for new and current members.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

You do realize Snorlax created this thread, right?
    it is not a jokkke i will rekkk you because you suckkk little kkkid

12. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

Noice noice

13. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Thank you I think

14. Kiwu__

Kiwu__ Member

Nice guide it has good pictures

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. SuperCoolWimp