Skyblock Reset

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Collin, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

Hello Minetimers!

Although it has only been 10 days since we overhauled the survival server, we would like ensure that this holiday season on Minetime is a great one and thus are back with another major reset. This thread will likely sound reminiscent of the recent survival reset thread as we have made some similar changes. Anyway...

As Skyblock players may know, the current Skyblock server has some serious shortcomings. Certain plugins don't work well with username changing, the central shop system is fragmented and confusing, and the Skyblock plugin we use is lacking in features and very glitchy. Today I am happy to announce that we have completely fixed all of these problems and also added some new and exciting features to make your Skyblock experience simpler, more meaningful and more enjoyable. These changes are detailed below.

New Skyblock plugin:
    Actually, it's technically the same Skyblock plugin; but it has been completely overhauled to ensure a new, improved, and bug-free experience. The primary new feature is the GUI that appears when you type the base Skyblock command (/is or /island). It looks like this and contains the following components (in order):
    • A door you can click to return to your island home
    • A bottle o' enchanting that displays your island level (levels are based on the blocks on your island)
    • A Steve head you can click to view your island members and even change their permissions with ease
    • A jungle sapling you can click to change your island biome (donors only -- all donors have access)
    • An iron bar you can click to lock and unlock your island (prevents physical access via teleportation)
    • An end stone you can click to enable warping for your island. Enabling warping allows other players to use /island warp <owner> to warp to your island sethome.
    • A book and quill you can click to view of log of recent island events (such as invites and kicks)
    • A bed you can click to change your /island home location
    • A hopper you can click to change your /island warp location
    You don't have to use the GUI for everything. For some of these things, you can bypass the GUI and use the direct command if you know it (example: /island setwarp to set warp location).

Centralized shop system:
    In the previous Skyblock iteration, we had 2 extra official server shops created by Emily and Tyler. We have now merged warp emilyshop and warp tylershop to create warp outlet. It has its own world, a portal in spawn, everything the old shops had and more. Of course, the shop doesn't contain everything. We made sure not to harm the player-based economy, and there are some items (like exotic saplings) you can only obtain through the voting crates. Speaking of which...

New voting system:
    As with survival reset, we completely overhauled the old voting system by introducing crate-based voting. This new system provides much more incentive for even the most wealthy players to vote. We also think you'll find it to be quite fun. Here's how it works: For every vote, you earn a fixed amount of money ($20). On top of the $20, you also have a chance to win a crate key. There are three types of crates:
    • "Common Crate" (1/5 chance of getting a key)
    • "Lucky Crate" (1/25 chance of getting a key)
    • "Exceptional Crate" (1/125 chance of getting a key)
    The crates are located in spawn in front of the PvP arena at /warp vote. You can punch a given crate to view its contents and right-click it with its corresponding key to get rewards. If you open a crate using its key, it will give you a random prize from its selection. Each selection has an equal chance of being the prize.

Other:
    • Warp tutorial has been overhauled. It's much less crowded and awkward, looks nicer, has more useful information and resides underneath spawn
    • The server has been updated to 1.8.8
    • Disguises are back for donators. We're using a new disguise plugin (/disguise)
    • We fixed the crashes and all other major glitches
    • We tested automatic island purging extensively to make sure it was actually stable and working this time around. If an island owner doesn't log on for 45 days, their island will be automatically removed. Because this system is now working, we will hopefully never have to reset islands again
    • The enchant command is no longer available. This helps keep things fair and balanced and provides more incentive for higher-level donors work towards enchanted items through means like mob grinding and voting. This also increases the value of enchanted items
    • NoCheatPlus has been added
    • All chat is global -- no need to use shout
    • Please don't bug us about the spawn remaining the same. I hand built it myself in 2012, and it is the oldest build on Minetime. I know I'm not the best builder, but it's functional, simple and looks nice. We're not changing Skyblock's spawn anytime soon
    The old world is available for download here. Please note that the skyworld contains almost 10,000 regions and will take up roughly 38 gigabytes of space after you unzip it.

The staff and I are excited for you all to try the new Skyblock server. Be sure to thank @Tyler. He spent many hours configuring and helping me with other tasks. This reset would not have been possible without him. If you have any feedback or encounter any bugs, please let us know in this thread. We'd appreciate it if you didn't leave comments about what we should update/reset next. We already have several other updates underway (including PvpFest). Happy building. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SpoonC

SpoonC Forum Enthusiast

Thank you Collin and tyler for all your hard work!
    Its awesome and thank you!!!

#2 SpoonC, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

4. Alpaca370

Alpaca370 Retired Minetimer

Thanks, when's the reset?

5. Jess

Jess Dedicated Minetimer

Thanks Collin and Tyler. :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sooplie

Sooplie Expert Member

Everything sounds great! Many people will be pleased for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  7. LUCASBRAGZ

LUCASBRAGZ Dedicated Minetimer

Yeah!

@TheFrikinAsian get ready to rummmmmbleeeeeee!

No more /enchant </3

#7 LUCASBRAGZ, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  8. PokecraftPhreak

PokecraftPhreak Expert Member

Thank you Tyler and Collin. :) This reset sounds amazing! I sure do hope players enjoy it

• Like Like x 1
  9. ADAMATOR1234

ADAMATOR1234 Expert Member

Looks like you and Tyler put a lot of effort into this, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 10freckles

10freckles Dedicated Minetimer

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheFrikinAsian

TheFrikinAsian Forum Enthusiast

Been looking forward to this, thanks a ton!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Petty104

Petty104 Forum Enthusiast

Thanks to all that helped! I'm sure many players have been waiting for this moment, and so have I. It seems that Skyblock's become quite more challenging which seems fun! I'm looking forward to a better island than my ugly, cobble island... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

14. Kyleep

Kyleep Retired Moderator

The reset is awesome as always, glad I could help!:)

15. Oculus

Oculus Guest

Pvpfest is next! :D

16. lorn

lorn Dedicated Minetimer

Thank you to the people who helped! The new reset is AMAZING! I tried it, and I think it is a great improvement, with both more fun and more useful.
    Although I have to get over the harsh blow of resetting all gear, money etc, I am loving the new reset!
    Good job @Collin and @Tyler! This reset will definitely be one to be remembered :)

17. TheGlesplak

TheGlesplak Dedicated Minetimer

Indeed a big thanks to everyone who helped on this reset and when I read the thread, I must agree with Kyleep saying "It' ll be worth it, trust me". I trusted him and the result is amazing! I can' t wait to start playing again after such a long wait. Also really excited to see how the new changes will affect the server :D

Thanks!

18. GoodLuck

GoodLuck Expert Member

Oh no.

Sounds great!! Can't wait :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. SaltyFries

SaltyFries Dedicated Minetimer

Thanks Collin and Tyler

20. kyjord

kyjord New Member

Thanks for the reset! I'll probably start to play it again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.