Skyblock Info

Discussion in 'Guides & How-To's' started by Pablo, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Pablo

Pablo Forum Enthusiast

Okay so this is going to be a big rant for all people who read this. Now lets get into it.

Skyblock reset came with an updated NoCheatPlus among other things. Now many of you are saying: Skyblock has never had anticheat (false), Skyblocks new anticheat makes the server lag (false), and so on and so forth. I am going to put these myths to rest.

NoCheatPlus (NCP) lag:
    Many players on skyblock have been told by others or think that the NCP update is the cause of the lag. It isn't. The cause is due to the amount of chunks, entities, and mobs a single player can load and produce. Islands are now 200 by 200 with 150 space around your island limit from any surrounding island instead of 75 by 75 with 15 block space. That being said the amount of things you can have going on in your island at once has increased. Now having lots of active redstone, Mob grinders or areas mobs can spawn in, and big farms will cause a decrease in TPS with the more people on with there own island chunks loaded. TPS stands for Ticks Per Second which every server should be between 19-20. Now most clients don't show this but one I know that does. It shows the server TPS and I can tell when the server lags or not. When a servers TPS goes down from 19 to 20 to 17 or lower you will see the lag from blocks not breaking easily to mobs moving slower to players tping around. Now even with what was done to reduce the TPS drop it still happens. I am looking for what else could be cause it but it's hard to pinpoint an exact cause. For now you have to bear with it

Moving items fast between anything with Inventory:
    Many people probably have experienced not being able to quickly move stuff between your inventory and a chest and blame this on lag. This is not the cause of lag. This happens because Skyblock is a 1.12 server and you are on a 1.8 version of Minecraft. Starting from 1.9 minecraft inventory movement was changed to accommodate the changes in pvp mechanics and block breaking mechanics. Due to those changes 1.8 clients can not fast move items from inventory to inventory. Use 1.12 clients to make this work. Also skyblock has a lot of 1.12 blocks so you should be using 1.12 clients anyway.

Skyblock should get rid of NCP since it never had it before:
    No. That is false. Skyblock has always had anticheat but like the rest of Minetime at that time period, it was outdated NCP. You just couldn't really notice it since most things were toggle off in the config or just so old any client bypassed it. That's why many people could fly without getting lag backed or kicked instantly until Essentials would kick you. It also needed to be updated because of the amount of dupe glitches possible with old NCP.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to reach out and talk to me about it in Discord, Forums, or in game.

Regards,
    Pablo

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. God

God #GhostArmy
    Premium

You've basically made this thread because every time someone blames the lag on the new anticheat you say ''No, it's not the anticheat, I'm not lagging. Also the anticheat was updated due to me suggesting that BMAN updates it because there was a lot of duplication exploits.'' and you want to essentially explain that in more detail to more people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pablo

Pablo Forum Enthusiast

Yeah I guess so