EU ShoutBot's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by ShoutBot, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShoutBot

ShoutBot Forum Enthusiast

ShoutBot's Helper Application
    Context:
    I have no idea why my previous application was denied , I was given no further improvements I could make. Since there has been a change in staffing recently I thought i'd repost my application for new members to look at, thanks.

Your in-game name:
    My in-game name is ShoutBot.

What timezone are you in?
    I am in BST/GMT London Timezone.

What country do you live in?
    I live in England.
    What languages do you speak?
    I speak English.
    Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes.
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I can use Gyazo for instant screenshots and I can also upload images quickly to Imgur. I also have Fraps for recording video if necessary.Mostly however, I take screenshots in-game and upload them to a site such as imgur.

Why do you think you should become a helper?
    Knowledge:

I first created my Minecraft account back in August 2012 and my knowledge of the game has
    only continued to expand so much since.
    I would say that I know all of the ins and outs of the game after doing some private dev
    work for myself and others, playing on MineTime and just continued playing of Minecraft since
    I first got the game.

I would also say that I know the MineTime community very well and know the general opinions
    of players from different servers. I would say that although MineTime's player-base is very
    diverse, the community seems like something I have properly engaged with and come to terms with.

I also have various different background knowledge of other parts of the wider Minecraft community.
    I have been modding the game for quite some time know, coding my own modules and additions to make
    the game a much more enjoyable experience.

tl;dr:
    The main reason I would say that I fit the post for being a Helper is because of my extensive game
    and community knowledge, predicting what people may do before they do it is a tricky thing to do but
    I think that I have a particular "knack" for that ability, after being an involved part of the community.

Maturity:

Although some may disagree, I would say that I am very passionate about my involvement in the community.
    I feel that I would be a great player to join the team because I am 15 years old and past the age of "silly".
    The community deserves more than someone who doesn't take the job seriously, It actually needs someone who
    is approachable and passionate about the right outcome for each and every player!

Toleration:

I absolutely detest players who blatantly disrespect the rules. The rules are there to be enforced and it seems
    that at the moment there just isn't the capability to do that. I really don't like players who purposely are offensive towards staff,
    avoid warnings and abuse the fact that no staff are online, I find it disrespectful. The server has come back and
    they are repaying the duty of the staff members by being rude and arrogant.
    Basically, I'm not saying that I'm a strict person, I just hate rule breakers.

How long can you be active on the server every day?

Throughout the school week I can be active anywhere from 4pm to 10pm.
    So here's a rough schedule table that outlines the times I may be on:
    Mon - 3:30-4:40PM // 6-10PM
    Tue-Fri - Anywhere between 3:30PM to 10PM
    Sat/Sun - Whenever I'm available, Usually 10AM - 11PM-2AM

How long have you been playing MineTime?

I am not sure of the exact date I originally joined MineTime. Sometime at the end of 2013 I started to binge play MT, It was not until the start of 2014 that I got actively playing and involved in the community. (My old IGN was mrjosephiscrazy)
    http://imgur.com/a/XOrvz

I've been playing Minecraft since 2012 [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/ad6942ddbb534bd286cd7f8e40902738

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & in-game)
    I have been banned twice as of so far, both have been myself misunderstanding the rules. 1 Was a "DDoS threat" where I stupidly mentioned something related to it in the wrong wording or something, but I have realized my mistake since my maturity has grown over the year since. 2 Was a self harm threat which I had no idea was against the rules (even in a jokey way) and I also will take care when discussing like topics in future!
    I have never been banned on the forums.
    I have only ever had one (or possibly two) in-game warnings, I haven't had one for at least a year.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator / helper?

http://i.imgur.com/k2Tr48n.png
    Yes, I was a helper on a server called GenixCraft which unfortunately has now shut down. The community there was relatively small compared to MineTime so we managed to cope with a small set of selected staff members. The only system that helpers had access to on there was the mute system so I'm quite curious how MineTime's warning system works.

To summarize, if there's anything I've learnt from my MineTime experience is learning itself. I wish to continue to support the community in any way possible!

#1 ShoutBot, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. mariusabc

mariusabc Dedicated Minetimer

SUPPORT! cus its ope

3. ShoutBot

lol thanks Mads

4. xBritish

xBritish Forum Enthusiast

Great guy! You know whats right and wrong, you never do anything wrong to be honest! Support 100% <33

5. himmo10

himmo10 Forum Enthusiast

6. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Neutral.
    • You're not really active on the forums
    • You kind of complain a lot
    When we were doing the tournament when Tyler was still a staff member, you complained to the point where a staff member had to mute you. Also, when you get killed, you complain about that as well. However, I like the way you added the different colors and how you added the picture in the "How long have you been Playing MineTime" Section. I wish you the best of luck!

#6 Sookarook, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  7. omegafluffy

omegafluffy Active Member

He is buzzerangelo... He alt farmed his ways to the top killer on OP. His current IGN is iDreamy_ I think.

8. ShoutBot

Are you sure this is the right post? I'm not iDreamy, and I don't play on OP :p
    [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/47b3ae42966d5b496708475b56ba2c7e

9. omegafluffy

omegafluffy Active Member

10. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

Support.

Also, it's Minetime, not MineTime.

11. Dragondaman1020

Dragondaman1020 Dedicated Minetimer

12. ShoutBot

Some constructive criticism and a reason as to why would be appreciated... :)

13. mariusabc

mariusabc Dedicated Minetimer

@Dragondaman1020 Just cus you hate Shoutbot doesn't mean you can't support him

14. Dragondaman1020

Well, one reason is that i have not seen you on the server for like a month?

15. Dragondaman1020

Why would i hate shoutbot?

16. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Hey, try not to double post. Just a reminder, it makes you look very unprofessional

• Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
  17. Dragondaman1020

I'm not very experienced with forums... :/ But I'll try.

18. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

It's alright! I was reminded of it a couple times in the past. You'll get the hang of it

19. xBritish

xBritish Forum Enthusiast

20. Lange

Lange Dedicated Minetimer

100% support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.