Quick Suggestions

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by BigServerMen, Mar 27, 2017.

1. BigServerMen

BigServerMen Dedicated Minetimer

I've thought of this several times over my spring break, there has been a lot of 'Denial Of Service' attacks performed on other players causing them to lose their items they've worked hard to get on the servers.
    So I thought I could find a way to make a plugin that could replace our old Pvp logger and replace it with a better one. These are the ideas I have thought about that could really protect player's items and them in general while in combat if they were to be attacked by packets.

1) If the plugin detects that the user's connection is over 800ms(800 ping), They will be brought to spawn safe from Pvp until their connection has been fixed or resolved. But then, there is another problem with that, some people just have really bad internet and they really can't do anything about it. In my opinion, they shouldn't even be pvping if they know their internet is bad, And then there is always that one guy that will unplug their router just to get away from someone. That's the only two problems I could see in a plugin like this.

2) Anti-Ip logger links, Some of you may be familiar with the links some people love to send to others to log their Ip address and then send packet's. Normally, disabling the /mail command would help out a lot so that the links can't bypass the server. The only way the links can bypass is through /mail. Leaving the user unaware of the ip logger. Thinking it's something else. Now, I know what you are thinking, you will probably say that it's pointless to remove the mail permission because some people may either like to communicate that way, file transporting, etc. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I used the /mail command. If they wanna download something that badly. There's discord for a reason. It's safe and it keeps the ip loggers away.

Please leave your honest opinions on how you think about these suggestions, I'd love to see what you all think! :D

#1 BigServerMen, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Yoowy

Yoowy Expert Member

Good ideas!

3. BigServerMen

Thanks.

4. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

I think these are nice ideas. I can't see anything else that the staff can do to prevent this problem though.

5. BigServerMen

Then it's settled, I will start looking for a way to make this possible, this will help players out so much

6. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

Hows about not randomly clicking links that you are unsure about

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Spring

Spring Committed Minetimer

Mail isn't really important. Players already have /msg.

8. Pablo

Pablo Forum Enthusiast

/mail is going to be kept. Its used to report players and send links to threads and staff when needs be

9. BigServerMen

I'm not worried about the mail command. I'm more interested in this plugin I may do to help the change the server. If I find a way to make it possible.

10. Zyphlox

Zyphlox Dedicated Minetimer

I think those ideas can definitely help against Ddos attacks and such!

Support! :D

11. BigServerMen

Thank you!

12. BlueDragonYT

BlueDragonYT Forum Enthusiast

I could see how this would be helpful but its not only if people have bad internet is is when people are from another country, but yet they could have the best internet their country provides, its just that connection from the US based server, i could see how this could be helpful from preventing DDOS attacks to be worth it, also i don't think the mail plugin will be disabled because it is helpful for some people communicating with each other, and you could just not click links you don't trust.

Support from me :D

13. BigServerMen

Thanks bud

14. FortuneCks

FortuneCks Dedicated Minetimer

These are nice ideas, I totally agree.

15. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

AtomaticSkullz, I feel as though you shouldn't really get rid of /mail. People send links and when they click on them, it gives them the option of actually opening the link or not. It says, "Don't open links you don't trust," and gives another conformation for opening the link. So it's kind of their fault for clicking on the link and opening it in the first place.

#15 Sookarook, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Angel

Angel Expert Member

I like these ideas! However, I think /mail should be kept. I use it a lot to send messages to people I know when they're offline, and I think it's quite useful for a lot of players.

17. Firerad_Fieritis

Firerad_Fieritis Dedicated Minetimer

/Mail is good for sending links to other players. It keeps the rest of the chat clean if someone wants to send someone an image or video. Otherwise, these ideas are good. They'd mean more to me if I actually PVPed though. xD But I'm all for anything that will protect players from unfair/harmful hacks and whatnot.

#17 Firerad_Fieritis, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Decomposed

Decomposed Member

The unfair and harmful hacks are going to kill us all.

19. BigServerMen

The plugin I'm submitting to pile, is to help others who do pvp. I disagree with your answer on calling them bad. If you don't pvp, then you should have nothing to worry about.

And Sookarook, the mail was just a suggestion, I'm more concerned with the plugin. But you do got a point. It will be their fault for clicking on the link. The plugin's purpose is to save people from being killed when being attacked by packets or lagging really badly over 800 or If their internet connection is horrible in general. The point is, It's designed to save others from losing their values in Pvp.

I agree with you as well Angel. I'm not worried about the /mail command anymore. I'm more concerned in finding a way to save people from ddos attacks. Thanks for the feedback from all of you! :D

#19 BigServerMen, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  20. Firerad_Fieritis

Firerad_Fieritis Dedicated Minetimer

You know... I just realized I ended up calling them bad instead of good like I intended. Now I look like a jerk. xD Sorry, I meant to put good not bad. Ugh, that's what I get for not double checking what I write. xD Pardon me for my mistake. They're actually good ideas.

• Like Like x 1