PVP Fest PvP Fest DESPERATELY needs a revamp [PLEASE READ]

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by WolfyMyPolfy, Mar 17, 2017.

?

Should PvP Fest be revamped?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

12.5%
  1. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

No way to get around that so why worry about it. Players can and will do whatever they need to get ahead. Just look at op and its just fine.

2. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

The chance to receive a kit would have to be at a way higher amount of kills than 10. I think it would be fine to just have a leaderboard, but if we add kits they should be like 1 after 50 kills, the next after 125 kills, and so on.

3. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

No so sure I like that idea. With leader bord alt boosting isnt realy that big a deal but if they actually get something from it that isnt good.
    Side note who voted against re-vamping pvpfest any reasons why D:?

4. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Do you not understand what I was saying earlier? I said that people would farm alts if they only needed 10 kills for a kit....

I only brought it up because it's a decent idea and it would take a while to farm alts 125 times. Maybe for every death it takes away a point too.

5. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

I do like the idea of a kill-based kit system but simply the person that alt farms the most would be the most op. If it took 125 kills to get a really good kit, people would easily alt farm over 125 times. Heres a thought tho; To dis wade people from just alt boosting, the person that is killed, like you said, loses a point and the killer gains a point. But, when the victim gets lower then 0 points, the killer cannot gain anymore points from killing them. Also maybe if a player reaches like -10 points they are temp banned for like an hour or something like that.

6. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

That's a good idea :) I wouldn't temp ban them because it could just be a Default jumping in without any armor. Just don't let the value of their points go below zero. But how would people get their first point? Crates? After a certain amount of time online?

7. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

Dang I thought bans were always the answer on minetime. Anyways they could start off with like 5 points I guess I would just leave it at 1. Points should only be received from killing others not afking or voting.

8. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

Yeah, but that would bring us back to the alt problem. That's 5 points per alt.

9. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

So leave it at 1 or even zero. The short bans would really help with the alt boosting lazy players that would probably just start playing to get their names on the leader bored.

10. WolfyMyPolfy

WolfyMyPolfy Dedicated Minetimer

11. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

Nah the old map was awesome. You were able to get out of the dome, there was lots of space, heaps of tunnels and hidey holes etc..
    It gave players options to do other things. The new[ish] map is purely PVP and just boring with too much detail.

Old map - around 50 players on at once.
    New map - around 3-10 players on at once

Remember these days?

12. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

I dream about those days. I didnt even kill the noobs I low key targeted the people that did that tho

• Like Like x 1
  13. Supergod99

Supergod99 Dedicated Minetimer

That is a good point, but if the map was smaller, it would be much harder to get that alt somewhere safe and not be killed by someone else in the process.

A point is gained for everyone that is killed, regardless of how many points they have. If the map was much smaller, then it would be very hard to alt boost without either the alt or the player getting killed in the process. Plus, having to control a bunch of alts will take a lot longer time that if you were just running around killing many players. The point system, on the other hand, would only give a chance at a kit. So maybe, after 25 kills, a player would get a chance at getting a random kit, with the stronger kits having a lower chance of getting them.

Ex. Player A gets 25 Kills, so Player A gets a chance at getting a kit.
    There are 3 kits:
    Kit A - The worst
    Kit B - Better
    Kit C - The Best
    When Player A tries to get a kit, Player A has a 75% chance of getting Kit A, and 20% Chance at getting Kit B, and a 5% Chance at getting Kit C.

Ranks could have less kills required to get a kit, so the gameplay is mostly the same, and each player has the same chances of trying to get a kit.

I really think this idea would be extremely beneficial for PVPFest. It would make people hunt for kills much, much more, and it would give a motive to play. Who doesn't want to have the best kits?

#33 Supergod99, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  14. ItzCreeperOG

ItzCreeperOG Active Member

this server is ******* dead why bother? but pvp fest was better with the old map

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

Delete your account then. But pvpfest was better with the old map

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. ItzCreeperOG

ItzCreeperOG Active Member

Cba to do it lol

17. WolfyMyPolfy

So why do you disagree? PvP Fest being revamped has a lot of pros, so tell me; what are the cons?

18. Lewis

Lewis Judas

Because of the map, it's crap.

19. WolfyMyPolfy

What? I never said anything about the old map being brought back in my post. And my post isn't focused all on the map anyhow. Can you please explain why you disagree?

20. OGForGottenPF

OGForGottenPF Member

I'd like to see the old map come back.
    Because is has glass? So you want nothing to be done because the map has glass?