Prison Guide

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by Cheerios, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheerios

Cheerios New Member

Hello Minetimers,
    I decided to make a guide for Prison, after reading @proofofexistence amazing Creative Guide.

First lets start with the huge question many of you new Prisoners have.
    "What is Minetime Prison actually?"
    Prison, in my meaning, is a very fun server. You start as a D-Prisoner.
    When you are a D-Prisoner you are at the very first step in the Prison stairs.
    You have access to the most basic commands, and access to your very first warps,
    the
    D-mine and the D-treefarm.
    The most basic and useful starter ores is found in the
    D-mine and Birch Wood in the D-treefarm.

A little secret, and I actually do not why it is there, is a 2x2 Redstone Torch tunnel (alias Herobrine Tunnel) under the
    D-treefarm.

When you have obtained enough money to rankup, type /warp rankup in the chat.
    And you will press
    C-Prisoner.
    You have now successfully ranked-up to
    C-Prisoner.
    As your next rank, you have access to the
    C-mine and the C-treefarm.

You can also sell your ores you obtained or buy other stuff, type /warp shop in the chat.

When you have obtained enough money to rankup, type /warp rankup in the chat.
    This process maybe seems a bit boring in text, but it is actually very fun!

You will continue mining and chopping wood, maybe PvP too (Remember that modified clients, a.k.a Hacked Clients or just Hacks, is allowed in Minetime, be careful who you damage while PvP:ing in Minetime) 'till you ranked-up from A-Prisoner to Freeman (or just Free).

When you are Free, you have access to a whole new world, Freeworld.
    You can enter the Freeworld by /warp spawn and entering the Freeworld 1.8 portal beside the right entrence to the PvP-area. You will start in a protected area called Safe-zone, free from PvP and monsters.
    You can build and mine totaly free in here, except from the faction claimed areas.
    Factions is a very nice little plugin in Prison. Freeman+ can create factions, join or customize.

In the Freeworld you can build your base, make it far away and protected from other players. You can't build your base in The Nether as it is disabled in the server.
    There are other types of bases, e.g. Skybases - easy to find, but harder to raid, and Undergroundbases - harder to find, but easier to raid.
    To create a faction, simply type, /f create and follow the following instructions.
    Or else, you can join another faction, /f join [Faction Name] Or do just ask the Moderator or Admin of an faction if you can join them. If you want to see information from a faction, e.g. enemies, allies or amount of players and what the players are, simply type the command /f show [Faction Name] and it will show up in the chat window.
    If you want to claim a area for your base type, /f claim, and make sure you have moderator or administrator rights in the faction.
    To make sure you don't have a buch of enemys or other factions nearby, type /f map.

Also if you want to speak in other types of chats,

/f c pPublic chat (Talk with all the people at the server)
    /f c fFaction chat (Talk with all the people in your faction)
    /f c aAlliance chat (Talk global with your alliances)
    Remember that you always can select people to chat with by doing a party instead.
    /party create And follow the instructions, after that /party invite [Player Name] and chat with your mates by typing /party chat on, always make sure you are in the Public chat before typing messages in the party chat, or else it will be sent in the other chats.

Since you have ranked-up to
    A-Prisoner+ You can also bid and create auctions.
    Always make sure you have enough money to bid, type /bal or /money to see your balance.
    If you want to bid at e.g. Creeper Spawn Egg, just simply make sure to bid higher than the other player with the command, /bid [Amount of Money], or if you want to create your own auction, make sure to hold your desired item in your hand, and type, /auc hand [Amount of Money] max. $1000.
    Your auction will then be on a queue, to later show for the rest of the Prisoners.

If you ever want to hide all auctions simply do, /auc off, and /auc on, to turn it back.
    When you have obtained enough money to rankup to Citizen, you will get some new features again, since there is no Free-mine there is no Citizen-mine either, just remember that.

When being a Citizen you have 1 /sethome and you can /tpa.
    Teleporting can be made like this, e.g.
    /tpa CollinPotato - A teleport request will be sent to the player, and the teleport will commence if accepted.
    /tpahere CollinPotato - A teleport request will be sent to the player, and the player will teleport to you if accepted.

As a Citizen, you have access to The End too, just go back to the place were the Freeworld portal were, and enter the one right beside. Many famous factions have decided to make their bases in here. But it is much more safer to make one in Freeworld if you aren't such professional.

There are some other ranks to reach after Citizen, e.g. Veteran and Legend.
    But these ranks have no benefits right now, it would be awesome if you had new features, right?

Good luck in Minetime Prison!
    Always send a reply down here if you want something added, or maybe think it's great enough to be pinned! Thanks for everyone who have helped me with suggestions this far!

#1 Cheerios, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LUCASBRAGZ

LUCASBRAGZ Dedicated Minetimer

It is alright. You should break it up and separate it into sections though. Just so it is easier to read and not one massive blob of text.

Also, more things can be added.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheerios

Cheerios New Member

Alright, thanks for the feedback, I'll edit the thread later, also, I would appreciate if you want to post what can be added.
    Edit: Put into sections separate.

#3 Cheerios, Apr 26, 2015
  4. Hawk064

Hawk064 New Member

Here are some things you can add:
    1. If you want to claim land you /f claim
    2. You can do /f map if you want to see which factions are close to you
    3. To check how much money you have do /money or /bal
    4. To see the information about a faction e.g how many players it has, you can do /f show
    5. You can't go into the nether as it is disabled
    6. There are 2 main type of bases that you can make a sky base or a underground base. Both have there + and -. A skybase is easier to find but harder to raid. A underground base is hard to find but easier to raid.
    7. Also don't forget the hackers! When pvping you should be careful of people with op hacks.

That was all I could think of. Hope it helps!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cheerios

Cheerios New Member

Thanks for the feedback @Hawk064 it was really appreciated, there will be a new layout for this thread soon, and I'll edit your feedback in.
    Edit: Your feedback has been put in.

#5 Cheerios, Apr 27, 2015
  6. Venusss

Venusss New Member

Finally, a guide that can actually give some tips in slightly succeeding other than just stating every command in /help. It's great, I'm sure many people will use it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Hawk064

Hawk064 New Member

No problem glad I could help :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cheerios

Cheerios New Member

Thanks! Hope you find this thread informative!
    It's great! Thanks for your suggestions, they are all added to the thread!

#8 Cheerios, Apr 27, 2015
  9. Parker

Parker Retired Staff Member

Thread locked, due to creator's request. Updated version here.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.