Prison Guide 2017

Discussion in 'Guides & How-To's' started by Sookarook, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Hello Minetimers,

You have been sent to jail and must rank up to be set free!

You will begin at D-Prisoner and work up to A-Prisoner. Once you reach Freeman, you will have access to the factions plugin in the free world. If you are caught with certain items while in Prison, you will be sent to jail (You can see contraband and jail times down below). There is a black market where you can buy contraband. If you are caught having contraband, you will be jailed! You can visit the Ranks section down below to see how much money you need to rank up. You can make money through mining at your rank's mine.

The Staff Team has been working extremely hard to finish the new Prison map. As Matt stated in an earlier thread located here, the Prison server crashed and certain files were corrupted that forced them to reset the server. Instead of just resetting ranks and balances, they decided to take the opportunity to improve features as well as receive feedback from the Minetime Community on what they would like to see on the new Prison Server.

This thread will outline the new features they added. I will be explaining these new features to ensure that you can understand everything that's happening and to make your experience on Prison the best.

Ranks and Prices

1. C-Prisoner - $140,000
    2. B-Prisoner - $425,000
    3. A-Prisoner - $725,000
    4. Freeman - $1,250,000
    5. Citizen - $4,500,000
    6. Veteran - $15,000,000
    7. Kingpin - $35,000,000
    8. Legend - $75,000,000
    • All Prisoners have access to /trade - Use this if you don't want to get scammed!
    • New Prestige Rank - They have added a new prestige rank between Veteran and Legend called "Kingpin"
    • Price Change - They have decided to change the prices for Prison Ranks.
    • Freeman and higher have access to the Freeworld.
    • Citizen and higher have access to the End.
    "Why change the price?"

A: By making ranks more expensive, prestige ranks are now more "prestigious" than they were before. This will prevent having everyone as a legend 2 weeks into the reset.

• Donator Mines - All Donator Mines receive mineral bonuses for the specific prison rank.
    • Prestige Mines - There are now two prestige mines for the ranks Citizen and Kingpin. These mines are a lot bigger and have more minerals!
    • Tree Farms - All tree farms are set up like Mines.
    • A-Mine - A-Mine is bigger than the other mines.
    You basically warp to a Mine of your rank and start mining. Once you get an inventory full of minerals, you sell those minerals in the shop to earn money to rank up. As for a tree-farm, the only thing different with this is that you need an axe other than a pick axe to mine.

• Timeless - Can set 7 homes and buy 3 cells.
    • Donator Mines - All Donators have access to Donor-Only mines. Use /warp donor<letter>-mine to access them. [Note: You must be the proper prison rank or you will be told that "you do not have access to this area."
    • All Donators can mine Spawners!
    • Added SecretPotions
    Premium and UP has access to /spt nightvision!
    VIP and UP has access to /spt speed & jumpboost!
    MVP and UP has access to /spt resistance!
    CEO and UP has access to /spt haste!

Cells have now been added to Prison! There are five Cell Blocks, some requiring a certain prison rank to enter. You can build anything within your cell in exchange for a daily rental fee. However, if you fail to pay rent - your items will be stolen!

Cell Blocks

There are five cell blocks on Prison. The list is as follows as well as the required rank to enter the block:

E-Block - /warp E-BlockCells - [D-Prisoner]

D-Block - /warp D-BlockCells - [D-Prisoner]

C-Block - /warp C-BlockCells - [C-Prisoner]

B-Block - /warp B-BlockCells - [B-Prisoner]

A-Block - /warp A-BlockCells - [A-Prisoner]

The cheapest cells are in E-Block and D-Block. As you go to higher Cell Blocks, the prices are higher. The highest prices are located in A-Block, because of space availability.

Cell Types

Regular Cell - This type of cell has a door on it and is a regular looking cell. These types of cells are the cheapest

Region Cell - The other type of cell is what I call a region cell. These cells are more expensive than regular cells because it allows players to customize the front of the cell instead of having the default wall with an iron door.

Double Region Cell - Same as a Region Cell except this has double the space! These cells are limited and are the most expensive.

Renting Cells

1. Teleport to the desired cell block.

2. Look for a sign that has "For Rent" - It means the cell is currently not occupied.

3. Right-click the sign.

4. The sign will now say "Rented" and display your name on the third line as well as the expiry date on the fourth line.

5. Congratulations! You have now rented a cell for 24 hours, you may begin customizing your cell!

Teleporting to Cell

Simply use /as tp <cellname> to teleport to your rented cell.

Adding and Removing Friends

Want to have a cell mate? No problem! You can add your friends to your cell by doing /as addfriend. Likewise, you can remove a friend by using /as delfriend!

Extending Rent

When you first rent a cell, you will be able to own it for 24 hours. To extent your time, you can either right-click the sign again or go inside your cell and type /as extend. If you do this 5 times in a row, you will have your cell for 5 days, but will be paying for 5 days worth of time.

Unrenting Cells/Losing Cell Ownership

If you no longer want your cell, simply type /as unrent. This will remove you from your cell. You will not receive any money in return however, and any items you had, may be lost.

If you fail to pay rent on time, your cell will be for sale and other players will be able to purchase them. If you had items in a chest, those items now belong to a different player!

Commands you can execute

• /as help - Shows the help page.
    • /as rent - Rent a region or extend your current rent.
    • /as unrent - Unrent a region.
    • /as buy - Buy a region.
    • /as sell - Sell a region.
    • /as me - Check which regions you have (+Expiration).
    • /as info - Get info about current regions.
    • /as settp - Set teleport position for a region.
    • /as tp - Teleport to a rent/buy region.
    • /as find - Find an empty buy or rent.
    • /as addfriend - Add a friend to a region.
    • /as delfriend - Delete a friend from a region.
    • /as resell - Put a region into resell mode.
    • /as stopresell - Put a region back into sold mode.

Players are able to sell items in their cell. Simply follow the regular Chestshop tutorial. Playershops are disabled in the freeworld and end. Further, players are able to break chestshop signs if they claim someone's old cell.

Players who are A-Prisoner and up can set a bounty of a minimum of $1k to a max of $1 mil... Once a bounty has been set, a player kills the player with the bounty and they automatically receive the bounty. Players can see available bounties with /bounty list and see the top bounties with /bounty top.

NOTE: Bounty Spamming warrants a 10 minute tempban.

The Guard rank is back! They are here to enforce the rules of the prison. You can see what is not allowed by visiting /warp contraband or scrolling down to see the contraband tab. They are also here to roleplay, not make your life miserable. A Guard/Warden has the ability to kill you if you attack them.

All Guards are Helpers & Moderators and all Wardens are Senior Moderators. So please don't ask to be a Guard because the immediate answer to that is no.

Contraband Items
    • Processing Guard armor.
    • Lava Buckets in Mines.
    • TNT or Flint and Steel.
    • Super Golden Apples in the Atrium (Spawn PvP).
    If you are caught possessing contraband, you will be asked to put it away or else you risk getting jailed

If you are caught in spawn pvp (The Atrium) using an enchanted golden apple, you also risk getting jailed as its prohibited there

If you are caught pvping in the atrium by hitting someone who isn't trying to pvp or by hitting a guard, the guard is able to kill you.

The regular Jail times are from 5-20 minutes; but serious offenses can be up to an hour.
    • Phasing/trolling players in their cells - 15-30 min. Jail
    • Killing other players in your cell - 24 hour Jail.

Big thanks to @xBMAN for helping me throughout this process. If you have any questions or if I should add anything, please comment down below. I hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Unflaws

Unflaws Forum Enthusiast

Great guide, Sook!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. deedubb

deedubb Forum Enthusiast

This is excellent.

Sook make a guide for every server, you're very good at it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Thanks.
    Aww, thanks, Deedub.

5. Tigerien

Tigerien Forum Enthusiast

Very well done! I hope newcomers will use this as a source of information.

6. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Once again a great guide Sook! :3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Thank you.
    Thanks <3

8. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. PK

PK Forum Enthusiast

Max bounty is actually 1mil sook :p
    not 10mil

10. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

noice guide sook, and what deedubb said

11. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

This is detailed and you obviously put a lot of time into it, nice job

12. Software

Software Member

This honestly helps me out a lot, mostly because I play prison the most.
    Great guide for new players. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. battah71

battah71 Forum Enthusiast

Good job, sook!

• Friendly Friendly x 1