Accepted Popcorn84620's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Staff Applications' started by Popcorn84620, Aug 25, 2016.

?

Would I make a good helper?

1. Yes

72.4%
  2. No

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popcorn84620

Popcorn84620 Forum Fanatic

image.png
    Hello, I'm Joey.

I'm entering the sophomore grade, and I'm hoping to help here on Minetime.​

Your in game name:
    Popcorn84620

What time zone are you in? Eastern Standard Time

What country do you live in? The United States of America

What languages do you speak? English, a bit of French, learning Latin this year.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I can screenshot and have multiple ways of recording.

Why do you think you should become a helper?
    I have always dreamed of becoming a helper on Minetime. When this server closed down on May 10th 2016 I had mixed opinions, I was frustrated that I could never become a helper but relieved that it had been a good run on Minetime. Now that Minetime is back, I figure I want to become staff. I have always loved this server, wanting to achieve prestige X on infection (which I did without hacks :)), and create an awesome island on Skyblock. I know that around 5:45 am EST time I’m up for school and available on Minetime, and there are many reports from the past night that need to be handled. The Australian staff are having dinner or are busy, because there are never any staff online. If I was a staff member I could help take care of these reports, so there’s less wait time.

Creative:
    I wish to add new creative and innovative ideas to Minetime, which helps attract more players! Some of my thoughts have already been mentioned but I'll list my top three:
    1. Parkour in the lobby (the design is classic but plain and needs some spice)
    2. Mini Games! We need some quick fun attractions that are fun and original.
    3. Contests for our servers community, where the winner wins a rank! (Attracts players)

Communicative:
    I work well with others, and communicate effectively. Cooperation between the staff team could also be improved if I became staff, the staff team could work and finish projects quicker. I am extremely active on this server, and will hopefully continue to be.

Responsible:
    I'm responsible in all situations. No matter the circumstances, I'm reliable and extremely fair with administered punishments. I understand there's a time to joke, and a time to work. I stay focused on tasks that need to get done and finish assignments quickly and correctly.

Knowledgeable:
    I understand the commands that helpers receive, they are /mute, /kick, and /warn. I also am very familiar with the rules, and as new rules are added I make sure I understand those rules also (as well as understanding the rules that are removed).

Honest:
    I am a very honest person. I admit to making mistakes, and I learn from them. I don't lie about anything, and if I'm uncomfortable answering a question I simply don't answer it. If I don't know something on the server, I won't make up an answer.

Friendly:
    I love meeting and speaking to new people. I engage in conversations and encourage players to report any bad behavior. I don't try to hurt anyone's feelings, unless clearly they did something wrong.

Flexible:
    I can be on whenever needed. I check in on the forums a lot. I can manage tasks at almost anytime during the day.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Around two hours on school days, and four hours on weekends.

How long have you been playing Minetime? Since July-August of 2013.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game) On March 30th 2014 I had been falsely accused of filing a chargeback. My friend @Nico had bought me premium and he had chargebacked at least 10 people, me being one of them. Thankfully, on March 31st 2014 I complained that someone else had chargebacked, (found here https://www.minetime.com/threads/if-you-are-banned-for-no-reason.6842/) and was unbanned. I also was banned once on the forums for three days for creating a thread that basically gave out free likes. Yeah, I learned my lesson, sorry Collin (this was in 2014).

Do you have any past experience as a moderator/helper? No.

I hope that I can affiliate a position as staff on Minetime in the near future :).
    Thanks for taking the time to read my application! I hope you have a great day! :D

Support: 7
    Neutral: 1
    No Support: 1

#1 Popcorn84620, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. idk

idk Dedicated Minetimer

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

Neutral.

I feel like you want to be staff just for the position of helper, not because you actually want to be helper.

Second of all, while the application is a decent size, half of the main part of it is talking about how you getting up early is useful. I can get up early. Does that mean I'll be a good helper? No.

You also don't have any experience. That might be useful before you start as staff on a decent size server.

However, I know you are a good person and I think you'd do an adequate job.

Good luck.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  4. Popcorn84620

If it came out that way, I'm sorry. In my opinion, it doesn't matter about the size of the application, but the quality. And I'm not going to lie begging for a position saying that I have tons of experience when I do not. I appreciate the feedback though! :)

#4 Popcorn84620, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. NightofBlue

NightofBlue Dedicated Minetimer

You mean quality? Btw in-game achievements don't make you anymore qualified than the next guy who wants staff.
    I don't think you'd have anything unique to offer. You would just be another helping hand...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Popcorn84620

Yes and thanks. I know that in-game achievements don't have anything to do with becoming helper. :)
    I thought they were looking for helping hands, isn't that the point of being a helper?

7. Nico

Nico Expert Member

Nice application, good luck! :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Xavier

• Like Like x 1
  9. Popcorn84620

Thanks! :)

10. Kappa

Kappa Expert Member

+1 by far. this kid deserves it.