Permanent Punishments/LiteBan Bug

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Carlrwc, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

I find it idiotic that about %60 of all punishments (as seen on LiteBans) are permanent bans, despite Minetime's pathetic player count. The constant increase of ban evading is the result of this.
    http://minecraft-mp.com/server/160548/stats/ if you are unaware of the exact figures.

In just the 5 most recent pages of listed punishments, I counted 21 permanent bans, for ban evading alone, and thats with out even looking into the ones were staff didnt say anything at all, posted image links, or simply said "check appeal." I also took a look at whos been doing all the banning recently, going back 10 pages.
    Sook-30
    Kitten-29
    Pk-17
    Now I'm not sure if this is some type of competition, but if we have a maximum high of 160 players on a time, which are more the likely %25 alts, thats just stupid.
    Thats not even counting Forum or Discord bans, if so, sook would have triple figures I'm sure.

There also seems to be a bug Ive just noticed with LiteBans. If I go to my very first punishment page recorded by the system, and then go back through the pages, it only shows me the most recent punishment list, for every page.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Halohero

Halohero Forum Enthusiast

staff is a bit hard on people alting. I don't know the reason for the alts main acc ban reason. but I only think alting should be banable if the player charge back or ddos. and dupe.

3. Pablo

Pablo Forum Enthusiast

The players you see banned for alting whether it be a permanent or temporary ban is due to them being network banned for that length of time because of the severity of the punishment. The reason for the low player count is due to a lot of reasons. Here are some below:
    1. Most people don't know the server came back.
    2. Many people lost interest in minecraft in general that played this server.
    3. No advertisement like there used to be.
    4. Many people left due to the state the server was in for a time between the transition state of Tyler's leaving.
    5. Many servers been in dire need of updates but only so many and much can be done at any given time.
    6. The gamemodes Minetime currently offers aren't as much interest as the younger community players like since we lost all three of our minigames Infection, Skywars, and Hunger games.

If you want to bring Minetime back to more popularity the main thing the players can do is just tell people about the server and get them to join.

4. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

*Many people lost interest in minetime itself

5. AllMightyRyan3

AllMightyRyan3 Active Member

Punishment happens if you break a rule, follow the rules & this shouldn't be an issue.
    No I'm not being rude, I'm just being honest.

6. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

Punishments such as permanent discord bans also happen when a certain senor moderator personally hates you.

7. AllMightyRyan3

AllMightyRyan3 Active Member

I doubt staff hates anyone, They're professional due to it being a big server so yeah, they are due to be a bit strict.

8. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

You are joking, right?
    I dont know were you got confused but we are talking about minetime here.

9. ooty

ooty Forum Enthusiast

I don't really want to get too involved as I have no hard evidence for anything & have never had any issues with the current staff team myself, but a while back I heard various things that made me concerned about personal hatred towards certain players as well Carlrwc.

Aside from that; don't take this as fact as I was not there to see the circumstance described below, but I believe there was some serious corruption in Minetime quite way back (not this staff team, I am talking about the 2nd establishment; after Collin's), but I believe it is fixed now. I was told that some staff members (for a time) took control & banned certain higher ones. They were talking about it on the Minetime Discord, so I was told. I think I was told screenshots existed as well. The reason I bring this up is that when @AllMightyRyan3 says that a professional server = no corruption, that is not how it works. Corruption occurs everywhere, in fact if it is a profession & it is therefore to do with money it would be safe to assume it is even more likely that it would occur; people like money.

If this myth about some kind of 'staff overthrow' is not true, obviously someone reply & tell me otherwise.

#9 ooty, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  10. Halohero

Halohero Forum Enthusiast

naw thats a load of BS. staff on minetime are bias whether they or anyone else want to admit it. staff have their little golden boys who they favor. and then they have the group they dislike/hate. and when you say "big server" I don't know what you refer to as a "big server" but when I say "big server" I am thinking of servers with 2-5k player count.which is not the size of minetime community (44 player online rn). so with that said minetime staff do dislike a lot of players. such as there is a certain staff member who seems very "salty" with me whenever this "person" helps me. and not to mention the staff member who was demoted recently... I can keep going on but ima end it here. this is not to throw shade at staff but I am simply stating that staff arent "professional peace loving people" you could call pile and xbman "professional" but as of helpers and mods I wouldn't call them professionals. just saying. With all that being said there are a lot of good staff on minetime that do care. but the entire staff team is not good as gold.