Overpowered PvP Reset

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Beeman, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Beeman

Administrator

Hey Minetimers!

Today I am pleased to announce that OP PvP is finally being reset, it has been roughly two years since the last reset. For this reset, we decided to do a complete overhaul of the gamemode. You will notice that all items and abilities in this reset have been buffed to emphasize the "overpoweredness" of the gamemode. This thread will outline a list of changes and other features that have changed from the last reset.
    • Map
      • The OP PvP map is roughly years old! The last time there was a map change for OP was around September 2013. Since it's been so long, we've decided to change up the map. The spawn island will remain the same, but the map theme is focused on a Temple in a mountain-like terrain. (See screenshots here).
    • Kits & Perks
      • Kits have completely overhauled while Perks, for the most part, have remained the same. You can view a complete list of content in kits & rank perks by clicking one of the links below:
    • Crates
      • Crates have been redesigned and will feature better items than last time. We've also added a new level crate - the "Epic Crate." This crate can either be obtained through voting (1/300), or can be purchased through our webstore under the "Extras" tab.
    • Sharpness XVIII & Sharpness XX
      • We have added Sharpness 18 and Sharpness 20 Axes to the webstore. These axes can still be obtained in-game through voting. However, we will also sell these axes through the Webstore, to which you are able to customize the name of the axe using any colour codes you wish to use.
    • Hyperstats
      • You can track all your stats ingame.
        • /stats - View your own stats.
        • /stats [player] - View another player's stats.
        • /ranking - See your ranking in comparison to others.
    • Auction House
      • You can sell items to other players by using the Auction House - all players are able to sell up to five items at a time. You can access it using /auctionhouse.
    • The Shop & Voting
      • We have modified the shop in-game, you will be able to buy specific armor enchantment upgrades, potions and Golden Apples. You can get money through voting.
      • Voting rewards have been modified to give you $100 and a Sharpness VIII Axe.
      • In addition, we have reduced the 90 Vote Reward to a 60 Vote Reward. That means, if you vote every day for an entire month, you will receive a special reward. We have tweaked it so that every 60 votes you receive the special reward (Currently, it's only a one time reward on all servers).
      • We have added Vote Party. 120 votes are required for one. You cannot win an Epic Key from it.
    • mcMMO
      • Level caps for mcMMO have been modified to the following:
        • Axes - 2500
        • Archery - 2500
        • Swords - 3000
        • Unarmed - 1250
    • Duels
      • You can now 1v1 a player using /duel [player]. In addition, you can place bets such as items or money towards your duel.
    The gamemode will be released at the end of the week. Should you have any comments, concerns or suggestions before the actual reset takes place, be sure to leave it in this thread!

- Bman
    Release Date: Around 7PM EST, Friday July 27th!
    Note: Those caught "Alt-Farming" or in any way attempt to exploit the reset will result in a permanent local ban from OP PvP without a chance to appeal. You have been warned.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. SvartaGumman

SvartaGumman Forum Enthusiast

Can't wait for the reset! :)

3. Hammynl

Hammynl Ninja
    Premium

Awesome! Hyped :eek:

4. Jacksepticeyeeye

Jacksepticeyeeye Active Member

That sounds wonderful! I have a question if you could add this to OP pvp information what is in the crate keys

5. Carlrwc

Carlrwc Forum Enthusiast

too bad theres no one to play

6. ItsAustin

ItsAustin Dedicated Member

HYPE

Sorry

7. spluer

spluer Dedicated Minetimer

8. Mitchell

Mitchell Forum Enthusiast

Do you miss playing 2014 Minetime Prison? Well good news its back. Join Nuggets server. Has Active members, good staff, weekly events with rewards and more than ever to do on prison gamemode!

You can get your free rank back just join the discord and open a ticket!
    https://discord.gg/UbWZ7xQ

Join mine.xyz
    Join mine.xyz
    Join mine.xyz
    Join mine.xyz
    Join mine.xyz