Implemented Official Survival Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by DrakePlak, Jan 18, 2018.

1. DrakePlak

DrakePlak Member

Hello,

My IGN is DrakePlak.I have the Admin rank. I have been playing on this server for years. This was the first minecraft server I joined. The first game in the server I played was Survival. There were many people playing there. We were having a great time. Unfortunately, Survival died when gamemode 1 was removed from Admins+ . I feel that the come back of survival would bring many people back to minetime. Survival is a great game. If you don't want to add gamemode 1 again at least add more perks for ranked people. All survival needs is a reset and donator perks back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
  2. Beeman

Administrator

We do have future plans for a Survival Reset.

In the mean time, I will pin this thread and want to see what other people have as feedback :).

3. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

• Like Like x 1
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
  4. Lovinlegos

Lovinlegos Forum Enthusiast

I agree with DrakePlak, survival was really fun with creative mode, towards the end of the second world it was starting to die, I think just a few months earlier Minetime had stopped advertising on minecraftservers.org, so that contributed to the slow down of players. The first map (2012, I think?) was really the best, Minetime was reaching 2000+ players per day, 200-300 on survival alone. The simplistic spawn of that map made it better in my opinion, the last two maps have seen too big, very nice looking, but way too big.
    Bringing back creative mode to survival would be awesome, it's more like OP creative, but labeling as survival seems more appealing. Actually keeping all the perks that donors had on the previous two resets would be phenomenal, and would more than likely increase revenue the Minetime brings in. Deletion of claims after 90 days is also a major feature that needs to be fixed as it makes more room for other players, especially on close up land. The original spawn, as I mentioned above, is a more appealing one than the last 2 as it had vibrant colors and was close together so that people could see each other and interact. It doesn't have to be the same spawn, but a smaller spawn with more vibrant colors, not overly complex, might make survival more appealing. A player store would also be cool, something similar to the cells in prison, and/or a large server store with most blocks available. I also think adding a random teleport command would be useful as many people have complained about the lack of one. Warps to biomes would also be useful. Personally I don't think there should be four building worlds. One or two building worlds are sufficient and maybe a resource world, limiting the number of world increases the chances of players finding each other and becoming friends, making them frequent Minetime/survival. Re-implementing a chance to win VIP or MVP would also entice players to vote -> bringing them higher on server list -> allowing more chanced to be seen. If just a few of these features were implemented I think survival would be better.
    Survival is different than many of Minetime's game modes, it's not really a competitive place but rather a place to socialize and cooperate. Due to the large assortment of building worlds, large spawn, and lack of claims deleting after 90 days people weren't really meeting up randomly and interacting, and interaction is acute in survival succeeding. Other issues included the server shutdown, an aging Minetime player age (more players leaving Minecraft and changing to more competitive game modes), and the removal of creative mode. The suggestions in the previous paragraph help resolve all issues that can be resolved in survival, below I have suggestions on how Minetime can resolve the other issues and have a larger community.
    If Minetime started advertising on minecraftservers.org, and said they were a FAMILY FRIENDLY COMMUNITY, the number of players on Minetime would jump up significantly, I believe. Every game mode on Minetime that has been reset looks very good and has numerous features that other servers with far more players don't have, people just don't know of Minetimes existence really. As I had stated in the beginning Minetime had a very large community while they advertised on minecraftservers.org, they also held the first place spot for number of votes for two years or so. While almost all of the game modes have been recently reset and revamped it's important to advertise before game play becomes too hard for new players to jump in and get ahead. The banner for Minetime is also very dull compared to many of the servers Minetime is around, and when you click on Minetime it doesn't really paint a good picture of the server or community it all seems very average. I realize that renting a spot on the list is expensive and may not be possible, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there.
    Thank you for your time,
    -lovinlegos

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Beeman

Administrator

This is the feedback that we really appreciate! Thank you!

What do you think about having the spawn in a different world and when you walk through a portal - You are randomly teleported to a random location in the specified world?

I was also thinking about having two overworlds; one of them being for hardcore purposes and the other a normal one. The hardcore world would be virtually all vanilla Minecraft without any extra features.

I really like the idea of player shops at spawn - Seems like a cool idea and I'm going to see how we might be able to implement this.

• Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 2
  6. God

God #GhostArmy
    Premium

yeah something like this

7. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

As much as I want to, I can’t personally support having gamemode 1. With players having abilities to get any item they want, there’s really no economy. That means no incentive to vote, no serious shops, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lovinlegos

Oh I forgot to mention, as long as there's not going to be game modecreative ;), that mobs not despawning would be super cool!

@SnancakesNate, I would like to counter argue your very valid point with some other aspects. For economy, default-CEO players would be reliant on players with creative mode to supply them, people could create games, etc, I suppose it wouldn't really be an economy, but it would be different. As for incentive to vote players could only have so many claim blocks and get more by voting, or one of the low tier donor ranks via voting as the top prize.
    If there were a separate game mode where survival was with creative mode mixed with survival, like it was on the previous two resets, that would just be fantastic. I guess it could be featured as creative and be more unique than any creative server out there* with the claim system and natural land.
    *I don't know, maybe there is another creative server like this.>.>

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hammynl

Hammynl Ninja
    Premium

I hope survival will have a reset soon tho, and hope gamemode will be added back for admin+

10. benji

benji Forum Enthusiast

Here's my suggestions(if they have been suggested already, I'm sorry):
    • For starters, don't use a Youtube and unoriginal spawn like what is used on the Mineverse survival server.
    • Don't give us donor kits with Armor, give us ingots, tools and some money. Armor in kits (like on the MV server) is pointless for survival when you already have the stuff.
    • Give us Slimefun. https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/slimefun
    • Don't give us a border in the main over world.
    • Only have 2 crates, Voter and Rare/Common. I, personally, want a vanilla survival server so therfore with limiting the crates would make it more vanilla.
    • Give us MCMMO.
    • Give us Lottery. 1 lottery ticket per day.
    • Allow us to check our playtime with /playtime (or /pt)
    • Allow us to set warps.
    • Give us /pets and abilities to make pets from the wild ours.
    • Don't be cheap with the amount of commands donors get. For example, on Mineverse servers donors get hardly any commands.
    Okay, those were just a few simple suggestions for the server.
    Thank you.

11. Lovinlegos

12. Beeman

Administrator

What would you guys like to see in Kits?

Note: Kits will only function in the Normal World - They will not be in the Hardcore World.

Do you think that we should have two kits for ranks? 1 of them would be a 'one-time' starter kit that can be used once - would contain armor and other material to start off. The other one would be a daily kit that contains certain supplies... thoughts on this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. benji

benji Forum Enthusiast

:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hammynl

Hammynl Ninja
    Premium

Im down for that, but i think in stead of a 1 time kit a kit weekly with some crappy iron armor and tools, cause otherwise if you lose it some people will stop playing
    (Just a random idea!)

15. Espresso

Espresso Expert Member

donors used to get /v *COAUGh

• Agree Agree x 1