PVP Fest New PvPfest!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Genius1223, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Genius1223

Genius1223 Dedicated Minetimer

So as you know, currently Minetime has a PvP fest; this is rather quite hard for people who don't have Admin, as once they're aimed at with no gapples, they're dead. This is the downside to PvPfest, making it rather harsh. However, we could have a new one, rather making this pretty much harsh for people who don't have Admin, we can start again!

New PvPfest;

No flying enabled otherwise you will get kicked.

People with donor ranks get exclusive kits, similar to PvPfest however it must not be as OP as it is. Something along the lines of chain armor, to iron, to golden armor and at last, diamond armor.

Killing people will earn you money, and you can use this money for armor, pots, experience (to enchant that armor), and maybe trophies! Giving you prefix's ingame, similar to Prison.

Prefixes (Suggestions) -

Noob Lord
    Amateur
    Intermediate
    Expert PvPer
    Godly PvPer
    Invincible PvPer
    Minetimes Best PvPer

Possibly 1v1 Chambers! You can bring whatever you like, /challenge someone you want to, allowing you for 30 seconds to get your stuff together! From there you get teleported to a little tube, and you get 15 seconds to pot up, get ready, possibly gapple (nubs:p), and you PvP to the death! Winner takes all. PvP loggers instantly lose the game and forfeit the game.

Free Splash HP pots! Why can't we PvP without a little assistance of Splash HP pots :(

/kit fighter, /kit archer and more for those no ranked people so they can get a little boost and maybe become a GODLY PvPer!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry if this was messy, I don't feel really mature right now but something like this needs to happen, it would be a lot better in my opinion. Although some people might argue that they don't want to lose their P3 or something, it's for the better and PvPfest is a little broken right now.
    tldr for that paragraph; If you aren't admin and go in with enchanted armor, prepared to get swooped by birds that'll hunt you down.

I'll edit and quote peoples' opinions onto this thread! Tell me what you think.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Mibber232

Mibber232 New Member

I agree, because I do think that PVPfest is a little no-rank unfriendly, but now Collin has compensated by a '/kit special' and I disagree because most people buy admin so they can BE the guy who flies around slaying things, not get slain by them...

3. Yoowy

Yoowy Expert Member

I like your idea. I feel bad for the non donators that get killed so easily. PvPFest is supposed to be somewhat of a KitPvP server, but the only kits are the default ones and the donator ones. I feel a server with multiple kits that anybody has access to would be better for the non donators, and more enjoyable too.

4. ArticMelon

ArticMelon New Member

I disagree, many admins got admin just for /fly, same as me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

I got it for many reasons.

6. Genius1223

But don't you think it gets boring after awhile? Flying and not flying are two huge things. It makes the difference between chasing, escaping and so much more. Also Admins just go down, kill the noobs and if you're in endangered, then you run back to spawn or gapple.

Collin could easily compensate with an Admin kit, somewhat like P4 with a couple of gapples.

7. LtSpearzZ

LtSpearzZ Dedicated Minetimer

The only thing I would change is the "Minetimes best pvper" then multiple people would be "minetimes best pvper"

8. wallydoggy

wallydoggy Forum Enthusiast

Maybe it could be special for whoever is the best at the time.

9. Richiecat62

Richiecat62 Forum Enthusiast

You see, I am the nice admin who goes a rounding teaming I don't kill nubs who don't want to be killed I just right click my sword and fly away.

10. ArticMelon

ArticMelon New Member

He won't be removing /fly after over 50 admins had paid solely for that purpose, including me.

11. LtSpearzZ

LtSpearzZ Dedicated Minetimer

He was using it as a rank you could buy like "Legend" in prison

12. Jess

Jess Dedicated Minetimer

Same, when I play PvPFest, which is rare, I just land next to lower ranks/defaults and don't attack them. I just stare at them until they notice me. Though, at that point they usually make the mistake of trying to attack me so I'm forced to destroy them. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Venusss

Venusss New Member

I think you've missed the point here, the one unique thing I like about Minetime's PvP is that Admins get fly.. That was pretty much the only reason I bought admin. PvPFest on minetime is unique because of this.

14. Genius1223

Yeah, I agree. I misused that, however we could make that the Prefix for the top 5 people with the most kills.