Nether Warts Not working?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by HockeyDude2001, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HockeyDude2001

HockeyDude2001 Dedicated Minetimer

Idk if this was an intentional addon with the reset but the nether warts are not working.. People are planting them and they are turning into dead bushes. Please fix D:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Thrawt

Thrawt Expert Member

3. masturmind

masturmind New Member

I've heard of numerous people spending 1mil for a nether wart and it just keeps dying, in fact i don think anyone can even get a farm started because it just dies. if you want to nerd nether wart then just extend the time it takes to grow don't make it die thats horrible, i'm already down a mil because of it and I'm afraid to buy another

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. minecraft_dst

minecraft_dst Dedicated Minetimer

Okay i know HockeyDude2001 has already posted about this and the comment has already been answered but how long will it take for you to be able to get nether wart? What happens if we spend like 4 million on nether wart and then we eventually get the nether wart we wanted? I just personally think it was better how it was and shouldnt have been changed but thats me, i dont know if other people have the same view as me but thats what the forums are for right? Either way i think it should go back to how it was. Another point is the situation with the Golden Apples, now i dont know whats happening here but prison on MineTime there is a lot of pvp, i respect that the Fix all command has now got a 30 minute cool down which im completely fine with but taking away the Golden Apples means that people cant pvp effectively like they used to? Again this is just my opinion which im sharing for a Member to see and maybe my fellow mine timers will agree, maybe not? Either way i just think these two points are the only ones i have a problem with...

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Grammar/Spelling Bad Grammar/Spelling x 1
  5. Mullac

Mullac New Member

I agree with what you have said about the netherwarts. I've been on the server since 9am and seen multiple people buy netherwarts and they have died everytime. They should put it back to how it was before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HockeyDude2001

I miss the old minetime ;( no offense to staff..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Thrawt

Thrawt Expert Member

What do you mean by they have taken away the golden apples?

8. minecraft_dst

In the shop where there are normally golden apples for purchase it has gone which means we cant buy them to pvp and regenerate with?

9. CxttenCxndy

CxttenCxndy #GhostArmy

If you read the thread, "Prison" it tells you that there is a 65% chance you'll get nether warts. :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. minecraft_dst

Yeah a 65% Chance to get Nether warts but out of all the people ive seen buy them which is like 5 people so far including myself they have produced nothing :/

Maybe its a good thing, maybe its bad but i wouldn't be bothered if they did it so it took longer to grow but gave you 100% of dropping the Nether Wart...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HockeyDude2001

Yeah OG just bought 2 and non of them wokred... Now its an issue..

• Like Like x 1
  12. CxttenCxndy

CxttenCxndy #GhostArmy

The only reason Nether wart is harder to grow is because if it's 100% it'll work, then of course you're going to make a lot of profit. Nether wart could be sold for a lot. Just be patient, you have to wait till you get the right one for it to grow. It's a 65% chance, as @CollinPotato has said in his recent thread he had made. (click here to see it). It says that it's a 65% chance in the second paragraph. If your wart's do not grow and they turn into a dead bush, then that was a 50%. Remember to give your nether warts light because as Collin said, it does need a level of light of nine to be able to grow.
    Happy farming! :)
    Sylvia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mw9247xxGaming

Mw9247xxGaming New Member

Just make them Gapples duhhh. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. MeltyChese

MeltyChese New Member

Dude i got a successful farm on my first try i got 6 netherwarts now :D

15. bayobails

bayobails New Member

I have bought 3 nun of witch have worked!! that is 3 mill down the drain :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. minecraft_dst

Exactly, i understand that n wart is meant to be harder to grow but it should be like a 50/50 chance of dying that way you get 2 chance to buy n wart and grow one successfully. Im fine with all the other changes but i think that the n wart has been a drastic change into what were all used to...

17. ManicMiner__

ManicMiner__ Expert Member

That hurts my eyes.

18. bayobails

bayobails New Member

I finally got a farm GG

19. badaddy

badaddy New Member

The nether warts now need a good deal of light to grow. It's not enough to put torches either. It seems like they need some lava nearby to give them enough light to grow. I had 100% loss without the lava. I'm getting pretty good yield - though slow growth - with lava in between the soul sand. Haven't figured out the minimum amount of light, but right now, I have every other block as lava. I catch fire whenever I go to harvest, so I have a pool of water nearby to jump into!

20. badaddy

badaddy New Member

Nevermind - now its back to 10% yield with lava. I think someone got the math wrong or there's some bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.