Minetime Forums 101 for Newbies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Goowy, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

Hello!
    If you're here, you are probably new to these forums. You might have come from the link on the server... and you have no idea how this forum thing works. So, let's get started!
    So go ahead and sign up.

1. Editing your profile.
    [​IMG]
    This box right here ^ is pretty much your "settings" on the forums. To get here, click on your username in the top-right corner of your screen.

The blue things I circled are the main things you're going to use in order to, um, "personalize" your profile. From here, you can change things like your location, your occupation, and your avatar. Simply experiment with each of these things and see what needs to be changed.

Signatures
    You've probably noticed that little text thing that says "Signature." And you might be wondering what that is. Well, if you've looked around on these forums you might have noticed those little boxes of text/images that users have under each of their posts. This is a signature. You can set one too, by just clicking the Signature link in the drop-down box. Then just enter whatever you want into the space- you can even experiment with colors, font, font sizes, etc.

It's a profile picture, basically. It appears with every single thing you post. My avatar's pretty outdated (from November or something) but you can change it by clicking Avatar in the box. Note that smaller pictures work the best, and pictures that are too big will not work at all.

2. Posting, Quoting and Ratings
    [​IMG]
    Above is a sort of labeled thing telling you what's what. (Hopefully you can read my writing lol)

To post a message, simply type what you want into the box. Make sure it's relevant to whatever the thread/post is about. You can use the tools above to make your post more fancy. When you're done, just click Post in the bottom right corner, and your message will be posted!

To reply to a message, click "Reply" on the bottom of a message. This is also called quoting. You can also report a message if it's inappropriate or it violates any forum rules. Make sure to include a legitimate reason.

Smilies

In each forum, there is a blue bar that says "Create Thread." You can use this to create threads.

Ratings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are the ratings. You can use them to "evaluate" a post.

There used to be negative ratings. Due to improper use and spam (hehehe sorry) they were taken out of the rating system. Members can view their own ratings:

The green/white/red bar is your amount of each type of rating. You can't get "red" ratings anymore...
    I have about 1000 "good" ratings and 13 "mediocre" ratings, along with 4 "bad" ratings. Basically, you're good as long as you don't have more bad than good.

3. Followers
    If you've ever been on Twitter, you know what followers are. They're basically people that like you, so they followed you. It's kind of a symbol of status, but not really. Followers don't really do anything other than pop up in a list.
    5.PNG
    On your profile, you can view the people you follow and your followers.

4. Do not do these things...

-Say "follow for follow?"
    -Negative/neutral rating spam. I say this from experience.
    -Criticize others' artwork/builds: unless you can better. But still, don't.
    -Ask for staff.
    -Complain about there not being enough staff. They're looking for suitable people.
    -Act like a tryhard. You will not get staff. People have tried.

For a list of forum rules, click here.

5. Announcements, Changelog, and Reports
    Normal members cannot post on any of these topics, with the exception of a thread for a report. This is so that the announcements and changelog aren't spammed with random useless crap. You used to be able to reply to reports, but there were about a thousand different opinions on everything so they removed that feature.

6. Staff
    These are the official staff of Minetime. Any [Admin] rank you see in-game is NOT a staff member.
    CollinPotato: Owner
    MinetimeSupport: Owner
    Drake: Co-Owner
    drtshock: Developer
    Megan: Administrator
    Jess: Administrator

LtSpearzZ: Moderator
    xBMAN88: Forum Moderator
    gradient: Moderator
    Ja33Man: Moderator
    DrownInMinetime: Moderator
    AgentScreem: Moderator
    Dovashy: Moderator

FreakingEpic: Helper
    Thrawt: Helper
    Gator: Helper

I feel like I've missed something though I don't know what... comment what I've missed :p
    Anyways, thanks, bye :D

#1 Goowy, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    • Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Salty_Pretzel

Salty_Pretzel Expert Member

I personally like it when people rate spam me with positive ratings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

You forgot a couple things like you can't make threads in the Announcements or Changelog groups and that you can't reply to reports. You should also list the staff and how active they are and probably not give your opinion on the "follow for follow" issue. Also, some of your pictures didn't show up.

4. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

Thanks ^-^

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mw9247xxGaming

Mw9247xxGaming New Member

6. Drowninpizza

Drowninpizza Forum Enthusiast

Very well written! Maybe hyperlink in a list of the Forum rules?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

8. Popcorn84620

Popcorn84620 Forum Fanatic

I thought that drawing had talent. I'd like to see YOU do that good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

Haha sorry xD
    Edit: where did i even write about smilies..?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

Smilies are ratings

11. Joel

Joel Retired Ninja

Very nice, miss Pixel.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

facepalm

• Like Like x 2