Minetime Anarchy: We want to hear from you!

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Beeman, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Beeman

Administrator

Hey Minetimers!

I am writing this thread because we, the staff team, would like your feedback on several changes that we could implement on anarchy. Here is a list of some of these changes we want your input on:

Border Expansion

We know that there have been significant calls from the community to implement a substantial border expansion; the most popular request has been extended to at least 100K in diameter.

Why can't we have an unlimited world?

A: Unfortunately, chunk generation contributes to significant server lag. By pre-setting the border to 50K in diameter, we could pre-load all the chunks in the world, preventing that lag from happening.

So, if we want to have an extended border, we will need the community's ideas for the next expansion. We would like to know which you think is better:

Gradual increase: Where we will expand the border by X blocks every X week.
    One-time increases: Where we expand the border by X blocks every few months/major update.
    Keep in mind, to pre-load these chunks; we would have to take the server offline for maintenance for an unspecified amount of time.

BoatFly
    One of the easiest ways to travel/raid on anarchy currently is through "boat flying." Simply, the player enables a hack and can travel at y=infinity at a very fast speed. This essentially makes travelling the current world extremely fast when you factor in the nether highway. We have heard community members say that they want this hack blocked to make raiding somewhat more challenging. What do you think?

Chat Filter
    Many requests by anarchy players have more discretion with chat offences and to have the chat filter relaxed. While I am happy to make certain changes to the filter to allow certain words or phrases to bypass, removing the filter entirely is not an option. Currently, the staff are maintaining a policy of only punishing players who direct chat offences towards others.

E.g xBMAN joined the game and dies. In chat he yells "F****!!!!." He will not be punished or muted because he's not flaming another user.

Clarifying our Lag Machine Policy
    Lag machines, in any circumstances, are strictly prohibited. Other popular anarchy servers prohibit the proliferation of lag machines too, because it causes a detrimental effect on other players' experience. Therefore, the current policy for lag machines is that staff will destroy the machine once identified, and the staff will warn the player. Flagrant disregard of this policy could result in a permanent ban from anarchy. We want everyone to have a good time - please help us make the community more welcoming.

The Protected Zone at Spawn

Please let us know your thoughts on the protected zone at spawn.

We hope that by receiving your input, we can implement some changes that will vastly improve your in-game experience on anarchy.

- Noobcrew & the Staff Team.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fiten

fiten Active Member

Border expantion:
    This is in my opinion one of the biggest problems with anarchy today, as I've also stated earlier in the forum. As a recurring player to anarchy, I've seen countless of players reacting negatively to the border-size, and even that its a border at all. Although I can understand why there's a border, I don't agree with the current size.

To how we should extend the border, comes really down to how much. When anarchy is updated to 1.17, I would assume most player activites will move there. Let's say the expantion is at 10k (5k radius), as it has been so far, finding bases would then be extremely easy. My opinion is that is a mix between these two suggestions of increasing the border - ideally 50k (25k radius) each month.

Boatfly:
    This is an issue caused by the size of the world. Normally I would say that disabling this hack is dumb, but sadly its making the map "unbalanced" in terms of travel. Along with blocking the netherroof, I think its a necessary thing to remove from anarchy at this point.

Chat filter:
    I personally couldn't care less about being able to curse in chat. I don't mind either that other can say words like f*ck or cussing in general.
    Racist or other offensive slurs however does not belong in the chat, or anywhere for that matter. Those idiots can go play somewhere else.

Lag machines:
    Agreed. I would even consider IP-bans, for the more serious cases.

Protected spawn:
    This shouldn't exist in anarchy. Let the players decide for themselves what to do with spawn, either it is to blow it to pieces, or build something helpful for new players. This is what makes it anarchy. Some players just want to see it burn, but some players want a purpose (other than base building and griefing), by contributing to the server - just like the highways was created.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. DammmDaniel

DammmDaniel Dedicated Minetimer

Being the #1 anarchy player out there I believe that a gradual increase in border every week sounds like a good implementation to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pycat

pycat Guest

Disable phantoms pls

5. Vise

Moderator Head Builder

Get rid of the protected zone would be my first suggestion. It is unnecessary.

Get rid of all portals on the nether roof. This could be done if the roof death was temporarily disabled for one person such as an admin, and then turn on obsidian ESP.

Bring back speed hacks on Anarchy but with limitations. Not as powerful as boatfly, but can still be useful.

Have a chat filter that limits the usage of the same message over a certain amount of characters repeatedly within a span of time.

Eg: "Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you Never gonna give you up Never gonna let you down Never gonna run around and desert you Never gonna make you cry Never gonna say goodbye Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you"
    that message is over 70 characters, so therefore a player shouldn't be able to send that same set of characters for 2 minutes or something. This would make chat flooding harder.

Put somewhere in /rules that excessive spamming is discouraged. some staff think its ok, but others find it annoying. That way people cant say "well its not in the rules" but staff also wouldn't get flack for not doing anything about it, because it doesn't say it is not allowed.

Make border expansion a regular thing. Pick a time that it is often dead, eg 12:30 am EST on a Tuesday, and expand by 5k every other week. This would give players a good idea of when border expansions are and by how much.

Clarify the powers that staff have on anarchy to players instead of just staff.

Make it so you can have 2 entities in a boat if boatfly is disabled. Right now to move a Villager I have to place and destroy job blocks all the way home.

This might be controversial, but Build Team members should have access to /fly. This would enable them to have more impressive builds, and not only would that be nice for builders, but thier builds could be good tiktok content.

Thats all I have, let me know if this helps. If anyone agrees or has corrections, let me know!

6. Vise

Moderator Head Builder

Whats your IGN?

7. Jupk

Jupk Member

ban tempezz, ban phantoms, no safe zone. no border expansion because there is not a big enough playerbase

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. fiten

fiten Active Member

I disagree on this, even though /fly would be nice from time to time. If I want to fly I can either become staff, or play on a creative server. And I'm sure staff will continue recording builds for tiktok content anyways.

#8 fiten, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tyler

Tyler Forum Fanatic

Have two borders. Set the default spigot one to the current border size and then set the worldborder plugin much higher and start generating it at a slow speed. This will not cause lag and will allow you to constantly update the border size without any downtime.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ashy

Ashy Forum Enthusiast

hi tyler hehe

11. QueenofAmazing

Premium

15k radius expansion biweekly

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Beeman

Administrator

Recently, /tpa has been added to Anarchy. The Staff Team has seen an increased in negative reaction to the change; please use this thread to record the feedback you have for its addition.

13. MrBlaze_

MrBlaze_ Member

Remove tpa, 250kx250k border, disable phantoms, remove protected zone, boatfly I think is okay since it's actually one of the slower methods of travel. Have no chat filter on Anarchy and remove all nether portals on the nether roof.

#13 MrBlaze_, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Beeman

Administrator

TPA was removed this morning.

We plan on implementing a much bigger border as of 1.17.

Phantoms have drops that would otherwise not be obtainable.

I can remove any portals on the roofs, provided I have the coords.

• Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1