Intolerable Behavior in Chat

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Collin, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler P.

Tyler P. KAWI
    Premium

I Agree with the Creative Portal Part My little Brother plays (8yr old) And don't like Having to Watch the Hole time if he goes in Creative All the other portals I haven't seen any Problem.

2. JTiller_10

JTiller_10 Guest

I kind of like all of the ne things because I have seen a lot of bullying and a lot of people are on the swearing and thee is kids under 7-10 and it was really making me mad but some of my mc friends have been getting mute for no reason...

3. Pepper

Pepper Member

Representing creative, I'm really, really sorry.

I wish I could say I haven't seen this behavior
    , but I would be lying.

The thing about the creative servers is that people have time to write out horrible messages. On other servers, people are busy with normal activities, which is not the case on creative.

I wish I could side with others, but I love Creative mode in general and I love building. I'd rather just turn off the chat in creative.

I respect Collin's changes, and I'm glad he's always on the ball with this stuff in general. I'm kind of upset by this.

Someone told me they hate the creative community- and now I realize why.

Once again, sorry on behalf of the Creative server.

4. Noel

Noel New Member

I was wondering what was going on!!! It kept saying that the servers were moved to this IP: pvp.daegonner.com It was weird!!

5. Captainmc412

Captainmc412 Dedicated Minetimer

Hi am Captainmc412 i am a MVP on minetime (Best Server Ever!) and i am also a youtuber so when i am recording i always ave to type /ignore <Name> and i can only record for 10 mins so it makes my vids shorter i agree on this post. -Captainmc412 P.S I am going to get admin soon

6. Captainmc412

Captainmc412 Dedicated Minetimer

I dont need help lol it just says that

7. Collin

Collin Retired Owner

Censoring private messages is a completely different thing than censoring that chat because it involves filtering commands. I'd say the ignore command is a way to "censor" private messages. I'd be open to hear your opinion on this, though.

8. Xorlac

Xorlac New Member

Collin, one issue I have with you removing /kick in creative is that sometimes people can get around the spam/cussing filters, and people have spammed by just typing a message, then retyping it with an extra exclamation mark. Even with the message delay, they can still spam a lot, and I've seen them do it. I just feel that, with /kick removed, there should be some way for us to stop spammers then and there. Having mods check the server logs is nice, but I feel it'd be more effective if you muted/kicked the spammers the second they spam, to set an example.

9. JTiller_10

JTiller_10 Guest

yes but the admins kick a lot of people for no reason so I agree with Collin^^^^^^^^

10. Natapie

Natapie Forum Enthusiast

Yeah, a lot of users were always abusing words and it was starting to get kind of annoying :/. I'm glad kick is gone because A FEW of the admins were just kicking endlessly with no reason. Thanks for the update! :D

11. Mr_bacon1245

Mr_bacon1245 New Member

Yeah Collin you did the right thing I'll bet the reason you took /me away for no reason *ahem ahem ghandi*
    not saying anything course

12. Volga

Volga Expert Member

what did /me do anyway?
    Sorry I never had the money to donate xD

13. QueenofAmazing

Premium

Well yes, I am somewhat irritated by the system, sometimes it spams the chat. And sometimes I use it to get muted on purpose ;). But do not take Insult to being called "gay". There is nothing wrong with gays, and whoever thinks it is an insult is far too stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Simulation_LIFE

Simulation_LIFE New Member

Well said, QueenofAmazing.

15. Yoowy

Yoowy Expert Member

I don't have anything against gays either, but the people who use the word thinking that it is an insult are stupid.

16. Natapie

Natapie Forum Enthusiast

You shouldn't be using profanity regardless, just saying.

17. QueenofAmazing

Premium

Yes. Far too stupid. And No, I don't have anything against gays either. My Uncle is gay, my fav actor is gay, and I proudly say I am Bisexual.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Av3ryy

Av3ryy Dedicated Minetimer

[Executive] Av3ryy: I will never spam again!

19. purplewolf101

purplewolf101 New Member

I disagree with you. Users on minetime should be able to say what they want.o_O

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Natapie

Natapie Forum Enthusiast

Some words can be very offending and rude. Even though people shouldn't take anything personally, we should stay respectful ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.