Hunger Games Server now doesn't work!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Archives' started by starwarsguy1, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsguy1

starwarsguy1 New Member

The recent change Minetime has made ( you must play in 1.8 to connect ) means that nobody can now play on the Hunger Games without crashing. For those of you that don't know, if you don't play in 1.7 on that server you crash. This has made the whole Hunger games server now useless. I emailed [email protected] about it and they replied with the answer that the Hunger Games server was now out of commission. Does anyone think they should replace it with a new 1.8 version? Could the administrators please replace it soon and not forget about it forever?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lynx_Boii

Lynx_Boii Forum Enthusiast

I think you can still play it with 1.8. Works fine for me

3. Daniel

Daniel Expert Member

Hunger Games is being replaced with something new, but the staff are not sure yet. The community will get to have a say in the server selection. I'd say this'll happen in 3 years, but if we're lucky, 2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. starwarsguy1

starwarsguy1 New Member

You may be able to log onto the Hunger Games server ( people who play in 1.8 can still do that ) but can you actually kill anyone or take damage in a game without your minecraft crashing? If I'm playing in 1.8 I can only get as far as the end of grace period when I crash. In all the time I have played on the server I have never seen anybody who has played in 1.8 kill anyone successfully.

5. militia81

militia81 Anonymous-Spy

Get a better/faster computer. Or your internet isn't connecting well. 1.8 has some bugs and issues, but seems like the prior issues been fixed. 1.8 has its time to be laggy on Minetime because of the max players who are on. Hunger games however, I can play perfectly fine without crashing. Something is I guess just not connecting right to your router. Don't worry about having Hungergames changed back, it's being replaced with mini games, or something better with whatever is popular.

6. Aliceqc

Aliceqc Forum Enthusiast

I have a pretty good laptop and I can connect fine to any of the servers. I can also connect to hunger games fine, but right when the game starts, I see a few users disconnecting, including me afterwards... This only happens in 1.8. I don't lag or anything, it just kicks me out of the server in less than a second.

7. starwarsguy1

starwarsguy1 New Member

This isn't really anything to do with my computer or internet as I could play perfectly fine in 1.7 on the server. Also everyone else I've seen play in 1.8 has crashed. I think the reason it happens is that the Hunger Games server has not had a 1.8 reset like some of the other games on the server. Are you saying you can play on the Hunger Games server in 1.8 and still kill people and take damage without crashing?

8. militia81

militia81 Anonymous-Spy

Last time I played, I could. And I'm pretty accurate that they won't update it to 1.8 because they are replacing it.

9. starwarsguy1

starwarsguy1 New Member

You might not get far in a game if you try to play in 1.8 again XD. I also know they are going to be replacing it from their "General Updates" post. The only reason I made this post though was to inform people that the server was basically useless now and to ask the staff if they could replace the server soon instead of waiting for years XD.

10. militia81

militia81 Anonymous-Spy

They aren't waiting for years to replace it, they are though, waiting a wgile to see what more people want, and to see what is the most popular. Things take time. Just wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lewis

Lewis Judas

I agree

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lewis

Lewis Judas

1.8 lags so much and i think hunger games is getting replaced with something else.

13. Hawk064

Hawk064 New Member

Ya it is Collin said on a update that it will be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

They need to see if people really want hunger games gone. By then they'll see what people currently like. Then, they must build the server map(s) and add all the commands each donator can use.
    It may not take years, but maybe 4-12 months
    You also need to remember, just because they own a successful minecraft server, it doesn't mean they don't have lives.

• Like Like x 1
  15. james_charles_20

james_charles_20 Forum Enthusiast

WE need to get hide and seek or somethin like dat possilby even a draw that block :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lewis

Lewis Judas

Isn't there a separate IP for hunger games because empires is Empires.minetime.com so I'd thought hungergames would be SurvivalGames.minetime.com.

17. Chrisdog_93

Chrisdog_93 New Member

As @drtshock said, he's working on some minigames. He might replace hunger games with those minigames...

18. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

Ultra Hardcore would be a nice gamemode maybe?

19. james_charles_20

james_charles_20 Forum Enthusiast

20. Zachs

Zachs Dedicated Minetimer

Or, perhaps, a team vs. team mini game. But, I think we should get back on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.