Has Minecraft Become Repetitive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by Jack, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

So a lot of people are finding Minetime boring these days.I can somewhat agree with that. Why has it become boring? Not much server variety.

Variety.

Let's look at something else. Many people are quitting Minecraft. Why? Because it has become repetitive. 1.7 was good, but wore out quickly, same thing with 1.8.

So my question is, has Minetime lost variety because Minecraft has lost variety?

2. Fantasy

Fantasy Expert Member

Umm I hope you know that Minecraft earns more and more players everyday and that they simply don't get bored of the minecraft "variety."
    Minetime is becoming a bit boring yes, but, that's probably cause you play it too much. I find it entertaining.
    The fact that minetime is loosing variety because minecraft is, has nothing to do with the server and is not the reason.

3. Vs5

Vs5 New Member

It's the server. Not the game. Yes the game gets boring sometimes. But Minetime over all is either OP or boring.

4. StarfletcherBANNED

StarfletcherBANNED I can have whatever title I want

Yes. Here are a few reasons why:
    Prison: Your aim is to get to Legend. This took one person 2 weeks to reach and was the first Legend in prison - @Nuggets. But now he has no aim? All he can do is build a base, raid and pvp. But what about when he has dubs of p4, sharp v? Will he leave again like others do when they reach this point?
    Factions - fairly simple, make a faction, a base and a farm and pvp. Raiding is hard as all you have to do is make an anti jumpproof base. Boring.
    OP - Fairly simple, your aim is to get your mcmmo up, some good stuff and pvp, pvp, pvp, pvp, pvp. Boring.
    Pvpfest - Same as OP.
    Infection - Get to max prestige. Nothing else xD
    Skyblock - Make an island, a shop and just keep restocking it until you get money. But what do you do with that money?
    Creative - Build?
    HungerGames - Hard to say since noone plays it.
    Repetitive, repetitive, repetitive. And yet we haven't had a new gamemode for a year.
    Yes @Fantasy, its repetitive. Its not because we play it too much that it becomes repetitive. Its repetitive because there is a really low aim. We should always have an aim. Minetime needs a new spark, a new gamemode. Or will we have to wait another year?
    *prepares for the hate*

#4 StarfletcherBANNED, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. cguay2013

cguay2013 Forum Fanatic

If you find minecraft boring try tekkit or FTB or crack pack these's mod packs are very laggy if you do not have right specs crackpack contains 200 mods and the FTB about 120 mods or try Ai launcher to play sky factory.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ManicMiner__

ManicMiner__ Expert Member

Buy rarer items to improve your island with better building materials that cost more. After that, buy an alt and start again. Show off your money swagger.

7. StarfletcherBANNED

"buy an alt and start again"
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(9).jpg
    D:

8. ManicMiner__

ManicMiner__ Expert Member

9. StarfletcherBANNED

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(6).jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Vs5

Vs5 New Member

It's boring because first of all;

Empires - A waste of time that is to buggy.When you buy a premium empire it doesn't work.
    Skywars - Gain money from voting to buy items in the shop to help you win each level. Get's boring after 5 rounds.
    Skyblock - Nothing to do really just earn money by selling your stuff.
    Creative - It's good, bu it gets boring with all it's drama etc. You build or RP. That's it.
    Prison - Once you get to Veteran that's the goal finished. It's to OP
    OPPvP - I find this very fun but. All you do is gain MCMMO Points. Once you have a lot, all you do is pvp.
    PvPFest - I find this fun but. All you do is pvp, all the hackers make it a bit worse due to flying. They come up to you, hit you, fly back, come up to you, hit you. You're dead.
    Infection - Gain over 10,000exp to get to [X]
    HungerGames - It is very fun, but no one plays it any more.
    Factions - Try to get P5 and pvp, raid a base, to get P5. Apples are too rare.

They are just all repetitive.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ReBull

ReBull Forum Enthusiast

Sorry but how can their be aims on a server that allows hacks. It completely takes the point out of achievements.

12. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

lots of my friends quit cuz microsoft purchased minecraft/mojang

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. DEXsta101

DEXsta101 Forum Enthusiast

Think to yourself- what's the point of Minecraft accomplishments?

14. Claire

Claire Forum Enthusiast

Yep

15. Taushiro

Taushiro New Member

Minetime isn't really doing much gameplay updates, that's why people get bored of it.
    The only difference to minetime and other servers is that it has empires.
    Nothing makes this server different from any other except that hacks are allowed.
    Minetime needs to pick up the pace and start doing more competitions like say hosting a tournament on factions but they don't really do that.
    That's why.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Taushiro

Taushiro New Member

Everything you said is true, Minetime has no actual fun goal, there should be more innovation but there isn't Minetime needs something other than hacks allowed and empires.
    Lol I wonder what drtshock and Collin does all day if we never really see any new gamemodes and I don't want the crappy excuse we are fixing things or crappy bugs in the server.
    Mainly Minetime really should pick up the pace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fanny@

Fanny@ Dedicated Minetimer

Ugh tired of these threads stop complaining about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.