AUS Harper's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Valentino, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valentino

Valentino Member

[​IMG]

Before I start
    [​IMG]

Please don't be scared to give me a negative feedback as long as there is a reason to it. If you do want to leave negative feedback tell me what I am doing wrong so I can improve on what I've done wrong.

//

Introduction

Hello, as you may already know my name is Harper but in the real world my name is Valentino. I'm 13 years old and was born in Buenos Aires which is located in Argentina, South America. When I was two years old my parents and I moved to Australia, the reasoning behind this was because Argentina wasn't a safe place. There was a lot of crime and bad behavior in general. When I was young my father showed me this game called Plants verses Zombies, I was interested and amazed at the mechanics of games. That's how I got into games. Minecraft came through Primary school (which is elementary school in the United States of America). I can specifically remember in a free time period my friends showed me this game and I loved it, I got home and told my father to buy me this game and that's how I found Minecraft. I remember the old Minetime, the server was called Lost Islands or something along those lines. My brother and I played Skyblock all day long and we still do up to this day.

Your in-game name:
    My current in-game name is Queis though I am better know as "Sader" as that was my in-game name before Collin's departure.
    What timezone are you in?
    AEST (Australian Eastern Standard time)
    What country do you live in?
    Australia
    What languages do you speak?
    The main language I speak is English, at home I speak Spanish just as my family does.
    Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
    I'm experienced with recording software and I currently use Fraps and if necessary I will upload them onto my Youtube channel for evidence. If I took a screenshot I would Gyazo to save the image then upload it onto Imgur.
    Why do you think you should become a helper?
    In my younger years (around two years ago), I would go hopping around servers and 11 year old me would go and apply for staff. Right now if I had one word to say to 11 year old me I would say "stop". Back then I was immature and bloodthirsty for a staff role and would most of the time be denied. I didn't know what I was doing wrong, I though why am getting denied and realized after reading other applicants that I wasn't really mature enough. After those times of just applying for staff I started to change in personality. I wouldn't just go around from server to server looking for a staff role. I would stick to one server and be loyal to the server.

I've always tried to be the best I can, now I'm taking a big step in life which is applying for a job if you think about it. Even if I get denied I will still stay loyal to the Minetime community but if I do become helper, I'll keep everyone safe, I don't want a young man being teased or bullied by anyone on the server, this just doesn't apply to young men. If anyone is in need of help and advice, I'll give them help and advice. If there is a flame war going on I'll first try to stop it with kind and polite words as well warning them if this happens again I will slightly punish them. If they continue to do so I will report this to a higher or more experienced staff member to deal with this situation.

Before I believe I found myself as a "toxic player". If I was insulted or lost in a PvP battle as an example. I would use bad language and get very, very mad at them. Every time I saw them online I would say something bad to them, but as I said before I changed and thought. "What have I become?" Now though I'm a friendly and happy player, using the same example as before I would say "Good game!" or "Darn you're good, I wish I was as good as you." or something based around those words. I try to solve problems the peaceful way and this brings me to I'm a good problem solver. If two players had been throwing bad words at each other I would ask them what's wrong and bring them to peace by justifying what has happened.

I have a short list of traits and skills that I will say read out.

Calm
    If everyone on the server has gone wild and uncontrollable I'll figure a solution out without having to USE CAPS LOCKS or having to use bad language. I will stay calm and depending on the situation, try solving it myself or call up another staff member to help me up.
    Mature
    I may be only 13 years old but I find myself to be a mature young man. If I have a serious job to do I'll take it seriously. I rarely get into arguments with other fellow Minetimers or anyone and will respect anyone and everyone no matter who they are.
    Smart
    I don't mean as in I get an A+ in every single one of my maths test I mean smart as in I think before I say and act, I find logical solutions for everything and make sure I know what I'm saying to other people which kind of relates back to I think before I act.
    Polite
    I would never harass or tease another player. I thank and use manors if asking for something also I'm rarely toxic and unfriendly. I treat people the way I would like to treated.

Trustworthy/Loyal
    I'll always stick up to my friends or my community/home and defend it. My friends, peers or community members can always trust me. If it is a case for example they are creating a new island on Skyblock, I can hold their items and then give the items back after they've created the island.

Forgiving
    I always forgive (unless they've done it again), I think that everyone deserves a second chance no matter what they've done but the important thing is that I don't always have a hate for someone. I'm Polite and friendly to everyone on the server.
    How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Note: I mostly play Skyblock and Creative

Weekdays
    On week days I will usually get in 2-4 hours per day Minetime as I will revise and study my school work to get better grades in test and exams. Though on Tuesday and Wednesdays I have two hours of soccer training so on those days it would be 1-3 hours

Weekends
    On my weekends I can usally get 3-6 hours a day on Minetime.

How long have you been playing Minetime?
    I've been playing before the name "Minetime" wasn't a thing, the server was called Lost Islands I believe which was about three or two years ago.
    Have you ever been banned in the past?
    I've been banned on a big server (not going to say name) for having a compromised account on my second account which I don't use for Minetime. Basically what a compromised account is that your account has been hacked and someone has been using it in different locations of the world but lucky it was on my second account but I still go it back. I've also been banned on a server for cursing as at a staff member because I didn't think something was right, but as I've said a million times I've changed from that state.
    Do you have any past experience as a moderator/helper?
    I've been a Moderator about a year ago on a small shutdown server called MacPvP. The way I got Moderator was when I first supported the server by being the first donor ever to donate to the server. The owner and I were really close and as the server got bigger he needed staff members to help him and his admin team, so he hired a few members that he could trust and has know for a long time and one of them was me.

Not long ago I was watching a Youtuber's video and she had opened up a server with one of her closest friends and the server was a Factions server, the server was new and looking for staff. Since there were so many applicants I deiced to put lots of effort and detail, I was accepted and was in the team. Since I'd never really become a staff member on a bigger sever I wasn't the best. I was always in Skype calls, talks and more. I've learnt now that I should be prepared for all this which I am now!

//

Signing Out!

Thank you very much for reading my Helper application!

#1 Valentino, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Supa Hot Fire Supa Hot Fire x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Callmematthew

Callmematthew Dedicated Minetimer

Beautiful application. Support.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. MishkaTheDog2

MishkaTheDog2 Forum Enthusiast

O: Too much!

4. Fantasy

Fantasy Expert Member

Neutral.
    • Never seen you in game apart from once, but you were on for like 10 seconds.
    • You literally only joined on Friday.
    • Your application colours make me cringe because it's very similar to how most mineverse people do it.
    If I see you be helpful and active, I might change my mind. Good luck :lol:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Valentino

Valentino Member

There is never enough! ;)

I'm always on Skyblock, I'm not sure if you play Skyblock but I play a lot of it. Also thanks for the feedback.

6. Fantasy

Fantasy Expert Member

Skyblock is one of my main servers, I just haven't been playing it as much because it's pretty much dead. But you are welcome :thumbsup:

7. Valentino

Valentino Member

Yes, true. It's like money is now useless and lets end this conversation here before it gets of topic!

8. west

west Forum Enthusiast

support
    long application is an instant support for me

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Valentino

Valentino Member

Haha thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cyrious

Cyrious Forum Enthusiast

Support all the way!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Valentino

Valentino Member

Changes I've made:
    • I've added the forgiving trait.
    • Slightly changed the how long can I be active on the server everyday
    • Added another past moderating experience.

12. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Neutral
    • I really like your application, I think it's got detail, well written and Unique.
    • From what I have seen of you on the forums you seem like a friendly and mature person.
    • Get 2fa enabled.
    • I also think you should get to know the forums a bit better as you are quite new.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Valentino

Valentino Member

Thanks! Also I know how forums pretty well actually... and can I contact you for help on enabling 2FA cause I've tried before and it didn't work?

#13 Valentino, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  14. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

Sure I'll PM you.

15. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

The font isn't great. Change that to something standard, like the default.

On topic, neutral.

16. Flikk_Z

Premium

so long SUPPORT+

17. Valentino

Valentino Member

Guys, still having trouble with 2FA.

18. Callmematthew

Callmematthew Dedicated Minetimer

For the meanwhile use Two Step Verification.

19. zHacker

zHacker Forum Enthusiast

Full Support. Good application, Should have 2FA Enabled or won't be accepted.

20. Dragondaman1020

Dragondaman1020 Dedicated Minetimer

I've never seen you on. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.