Goowy's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Application Archive' started by Goowy, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Goowy

Goowy Expert Member

[​IMG]
    Hello!

I'm Pixel.
    I'm 15 years old and a sophomore in high school.
    I hope you enjoy my application!

Your in-game name:
    My Minecraft username is Goowy.

What timezone are you in?
    My timezone is Eastern Standard Time (UTC-05:00)

What country do you live in?
    I live in Ontario, Canada.

What languages do you speak?
    I am fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese. I can communicate effectively in French, having learned it for 6 years. I know a small bit of Spanish as well.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I have a recording software (bandicam) and, obviously, the ability to capture screenshots.

Why do you think you should become a helper?
    I think I should become helper because I know Minetime; I've stuck around for three years, and I hope to stick around longer. I know my way around this server, and I am acquainted with a large number of players as well. Nevertheless, getting to know more people, for me, is exciting, and I try to help others in any way I can, whenever possible. I've created a number of extensive guides in the past, including my (pinned) guide to the forums.

I value rationality over everything else. If something is wrong, it's wrong, and I would not hesitate to punish a player for an offence, regardless of whether or not I know them personally. I tend to make choices based on solid fact and reasoning, rather than opinions. I am not biased. I feel that this would allow me to make more just and reasonable decisions.

While I'm not exactly the most optimistic person you'll see around, it's never inhibited my ability to acquaint myself with others. I am respectful, and though I love to debate and engage in friendly arguments, I would never go so far as to personally attack others. I do not cuss, and you won't see me using slang. I have a large vocabulary, though (thankfully) in conversation I do not come off like I have swallowed a thesaurus; I am actually quite easy to talk to. I'm also exceptionally patient (I play chess, and sitting at a board for four hours tends to develop extreme patience). I can explain a solution to someone's problem and then reword my response ten times over without getting frustrated. I'm not the most sensitive person out there, however I feel that this could be an advantage; against personal attacks from rude players (for example, the factions community), I would not take their remarks to heart and therefore I would be more likely to act rationally rather than brashly. Nevertheless, I can be quite warm and accommodating if the situation calls for it.

I have plenty of experience. Having been a helper on this server before (about two years ago), I know all the commands, duties, and especially hardships that come with being a helper, and I am willing (and eager!) to tackle them again.

I genuinely want to help others. I often find myself volunteering at local food banks, and next summer I will be volunteering at a hospital in my community. As an applicant, my sole intention is to help make this server a better place.

I am dedicated, responsible, and hardworking. Though you'll most likely see the former sentence in every single application there is to read, I suppose it is worth saying. I am incredibly good at organization and can schedule and thus complete all of my duties and fulfill my responsibilities. I love to take on challenges, and to attempt new leadership roles; once a goal is set, or an opportunity arises, I tackle whatever comes quite efficiently. I feel that this role would be both a great responsibility and an amazing opportunity, and I would love to be given a chance as helper.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

My schedule this year is going to be quite tight, however I can always make room for one or two hours on the server every weekday. On weekends and breaks, 3-5 hours should be no issue at all.

How long have you been playing Minetime?
    I have been on Minetime since July of 2013, barely a few weeks after I first got Minecraft. I have been extremely active on the forums and on/off on the server ever since.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    I have was banned on the forums about a year and ago for "pervasive bullying."
    I feel that the ban was just.
    Through the appeal process, I realized my mistakes and the consequences they brought, and I would never do this to anyone in the future. I have sobered up from that time and now go out of my way to ensure that nothing I do harms anyone else, emotionally or physically. I feel that I have matured and learned from the experience.
    I have never been banned on the server.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator/helper?
    Yes, actually.
    I was a helper for a while on this server in 2014, when there were ~1500 players on at a time. I gained much valuable experience from this, and I know how to act and speak professionally as a staff member.

I have also staffed on many smaller servers, none of which are very worth mentioning since they at most held five or ten players on at a time.

Thank you for reading my helper application!
    I hope you consider me a worthy applicant. :]

[​IMG]

#1 Goowy, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yoowy

Yoowy Expert Member

3. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Dedicated Minetimer

Someone's triggered lol

Support

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lunxr

Lunxr Forum Enthusiast

Support!

• Like Like x 1
  5. RealNickonator

Premium

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nathan

Nathan Salty Ex-Mod

Support, I'd love to see you back Pixel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. YargiFFA

YargiFFA Forum Enthusiast

To be honest, I wish everyone thought like that. There is one particular name in my mind but not going to say his name because that would create arguments. Great job on this paragraph though.
    Support

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheLastStraw

TheLastStraw Forum Enthusiast

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jack

Jack Forum Fanatic

Support.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Xavier

• Like Like x 1
  12. Angel

Angel Expert Member

support x400

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alyssa P.

Alyssa P. Notable Member

This was a very thought out application and well written. Great job and good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. DEXsta101

DEXsta101 Forum Enthusiast

• Like Like x 1
  15. Flikk_Z

Premium

Future helper right here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ACat

ACat Forum Enthusiast

Support

• Like Like x 1