Goodbye.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Yoowy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Yoowy

Yoowy Expert Member

I debated for a long time whether I wanted to even make a thread for this...so here goes.

I have decided to quit Minetime. This decision was influenced by many different factors, which I will try to explain later in this thread, but to basically sum it up, Minetime isn't the same for me anymore. Ever since I was demoted of my staff rank, I feel that my joy of playing on Minetime has been slowly going downhill. I've made the decision that it's just not worth wasting my time anymore. Today, as I was on Skyblock for the last time, I spent literally the entire day finishing my island and making it look how I've always wanted. While this is something that I've wanted for quite a while, I've lost almost all the enthusiasm I used to have when it comes to playing, and a lot of the time today I was miserable trying to finish my island, wanting to get it done with as soon as possible. I've spent the past 2 months trying to make Minetime normal for me again, and at times it was okay, but by now it is just depressing to try and have fun playing here, especially when most of my closest friends have either been banned, quit, have gone inactive, or are not my friends anymore because I don't possess a staff rank.

Let us start from the beginning.
    Edit: I had to take out "When I first joined Minetime" as well as "My Promotion to Helper" because of character limits :mad:

My Demotion
    For the several weeks after being demoted, I went with the short and brief response of "spawned in a pickaxe and a base" whenever I was asked about why I was no longer a Senior Moderator. Well, you are about to hear the full story.

While Brandon, Matt, Pile and I were working on the prison reset, Bman and I were opped since we were working on the map and a lot of commands that involved perms and things that only OPs could configure. After the reset was released for the first time, Matt de-opped me but kept Brandon opped, which made me feel completely useless, and it hurt a lot actually, considering how much time I put into typing out every sign and almost every cell region, and now I couldn't help at all with any issues or things that needed to be fixed. I expressed a lot of concern to Pile, as I was clearly upset. Unfortunately, we got in multiple fights over skype conversations about this topic. Later that night, people found out that Brandon left essentials.signs.* in the permissions file, which allowed everyone to make signs that gave them free blocks and money. The server was ruined. So we had to reset it for a second time. Matt once again re-opped me so I could help, but forgot to de-op me after we released the reset once again.

Being opped, I was able to help fix a lot of bugs and things that nobody else noticed, and stuff that could've caused another reset, such as being able to launch TNT into a spawn zone, placing blocks in mines, griefing free world spawns, end spawns not being lined up correctly (which was causing players to be able to claim land for their faction in a safezone...) anyways I was able to fix all of these changes and told the staff exactly what I did. After that...I decided to make a base for fun using worldedit for the obsidian walls, and use /enchant on a pickaxe. I was out of my mind and didn't even realize that what I was doing was abuse, I just figured that nobody cared, and that because I wasn't abusing for someone else (like spawing in items for a player or something), I felt like it didn't matter I guess. I had spent so many hours working on the reset that I felt like what I was doing was harmless. I literally was not thinking.

I didn't think it was a big deal. But it all changed one day when the player Battah saw an obsidian pillar thing outside of his base, that was used during a raid when Mitchell's faction raided him. Battah assumed that, because I was in Mitchell's faction, that I had spawned in that pillar thing, even though I told Battah multiple times that I was offline during this raid and had no idea what he was talking about. I had no idea that Battah was going to go tell Matt that I was abusing for a faction, even though I wasn't online during this incident. So Matt goes and checks the logs of all the commands that I issued. He finds some things such as //walls obsidian and /enchant, which made him think that Battah was right, and that I spawned in that stupid pillar outside his base, when in fact those commands were just used for my joke of a base that I spawned in for fun. I even asked Mitchell if he knew anything about the pillar and he told me that yes, he built it himself.

Anyways, on July 2nd, Pile sends me a skype message saying that she wanted to talk to me in voice. I knew what she was going to talk to me about, since Battah had been talking to me about the pillar he assumed that I spawned in, but I had no idea that they would've already looked up the commands I issued. Once I got in the call, Pile sent me a screenshot of my enderchest with the pickaxe in it, which was weird because she said I spawned in "multiple pickaxes" when there was only 1 pickaxe in my ender chest, the rest I had used for testing purposes and had deleted entirely once I was done. She also sent a text document of the commands I issued, assuming that I used those commands to spawn in the pillar. I was completely honest and showed them the base I had used worldedit on.

They removed the base, and then Pile went on to tell me how what I did was not okay, and went out of her way to criticize me about telling her the wrong things Bman had done with his OP the past few days, and told me that what I did was much worse and that “I was the worst one the entire time” or something like that. This whole time I had no idea that I was getting demoted, I thought they were just trying to clear up what happened, and trying to inform me to never do it again or just warn me. But surely enough, once I left that call (actually I was dragged out into another channel, she was pretty mad), I saw the BuyCraft notification pop up on my screen telling me that my rank was gone. If I had known that the small thing I did would’ve gotten me demoted, I would’ve explained a hell of a lot more. But something tells me that they were planning to demote me before I even joined the call, because they had all the evidence right there waiting for me when I joined, so either it was true to them that I spawned in that pillar and I’d be demoted, or I spawned in something else with obsidian and a pickaxe and I’d be demoted. Pile was clearly done with me after all the arguments we’d gotten into, and it wasn’t hard for her to demote me for something I was too blind to realize.

Edit: I wrote this up a few weeks ago while I was clearly still very hostile about the topic; I promise that I'm not this angry anymore, I have gotten well over it, and Pile and I have made up since.

Reflection
    After all of this had happened, I was literally speechless, my arm was shaking as it was laying next to my laptop. I had no idea what to think. I impulsively left every discord server on my list, and removed all my (staff) contacts from skype. I left the staff skype chat without saying any goodbyes, because I was completely struck with what had happened. I was embarassed. I even deleted my own personal discord server. This was so hard on me, and I still think about being staff every day. I think I was so shocked that I wanted to quit Minetime right then and there, but something convinced me to come back. I kept quiet about what happened to me for almost a month because I was so embarrassed.

So, long story short, I walked myself into my own trap. I let my personal feelings go too far, which not only ruined my friendship with Pile, but set me up to use /op for my own pleasure, and scraped my staff rank from me. My feelings about jealousy and favoritism got to the best of me. Even if I felt that the way I was being treated was unfair, this still gave me absolutely no reason to do what I did, and words can't describe how much I regret my actions. Don't do what I did and use your powers for granted. I've made a lot of mistakes during my time as a staff member here, and if I was given a chance to go back and do everything completely different, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Friendships/Recognitions
    One of the things that being an ex-staff member has taught me is who my real friends are. You'd be surprised to see how many people will stop talking to you once you are no longer part of the team. I have met so many people along this journey, so I am sorry if I forgot to tag you. Nonetheless, I am so grateful for the many friends who have stuck by my side through this whole thing. I can't express how much I appreciate each and every one of you.

@Tyler thank you for selecting me, and 5 others, out of the 80 some applications to join the staff team back in August. I can't even begin to tell you how much this has meant to me, and it's all because you had faith in me, despite my application not even being that special. I'm sorry for everything I've said and done to you in the past that may have put a distance between us.
    @Goowy I can't believe you still talk to me after these 3+ years of us knowing each other. This is now the second time that you have drastically changed Minetime for me (for the better). If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have even applied for Helper, and I probably would have never came back to Minetime at all. Holy crap.
    @Woodman @imcalledsarah @Matt @Thrawt You guys made the old staff meetings so fun and enjoyable, and the staff team was never the same after you guys left. Thank you for always being so positive and fun to be around.
    @Pile Pile, I am so happy that we got to become good friends throughout this past year. You are truly an amazing person and I miss you so much. When you sent me your Chicken Adobo recipe and burned your Hellogoodbye to your PC just to send it to me...that made me so happy to know that I meant something to you. I love hearing you talk, and every time I hear you laugh it makes me smile. (that sounds kinda creppy I promise its not what you think it is). I know that our friendship will never be like it used to, but I am so happy that we are on good terms with each other. I promise I will think of you every time a Hellogoodbye song plays on my Spotify.
    @Sohal75 You were one of my first real friends that I made when I was a Moderator. I will always remember the first time I banned you, when you personally messaged me your "secret" ;). You're really stupid sometimes and it's hilarious. I love talking to you, and I'm sure we'll have many more conversations to come. You're a good snake.
    @danielshin2002 Daniel, I don't even know where to start with you. From the day I met you, the default on Skyblock who said welcome to every player who joined, I knew that you were going to be an amazing friend. You are the most kind and generous person I have ever met on here. You have helped me so much on skyblock and you always put others before yourself. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me.
    @liquidgluestick Charminate, thank you for all the laughs you have given me these past months, and always talking with me when you saw me online. You're a really good person and some of the things you told me before I got off skyblock for the last time were really deep and thoughtful. I hope we keep in touch and I'm glad you learned how to talk in color on Discord. :p
    @xBMAN Brandon, I never really truly knew what to think of you, and I never knew what you thought of me either. Thank you for all the laughs you gave me while we were working on the prison reset together, and all the laughs afterwards, when I would invade your personal space to make you /suicide, or when you would teleport to me on skyblock and disguise as something funny. I will never know if the message you sent me after I was demoted was an accident (in you assuming I had resigned rather than been demoted), but regardless, what you told me was very touching and kind. You are a great administrator and I know that you will continue to do a good job.
    @Example RaGe QuItSz, we have known each other for so long and you're a great friend. I hope you can finally get unbanned from the server soon.
    @pkbear pk, thank you for being so nice to me after I was demoted and making that thread in honor of me. You are such a nice person and I still remember that huge Karaoke Room call with you. You would be a great addition to the staff team :)
    @ExcitedShark Larry, you make me laugh a lot. I appreciate you. You were the star of that Karaoke party with pkbear. Keep doing you :b:
    @idk Mayyasa, I love talking to you on my discord and all the memes you send make me laugh. **** baby quack quack. You're a good doggo. :love:
    @Mitchell :thumbsdown:
    @ThePopmopOfDeath Popmop, you are such a fun person to talk to and I love having you as my friend.
    @Carlrwc I know you probably won't see this, but your memes are 10/10 and I appreciate you staying in my discord even though you don't play anymore. You are a great friend :)
    @Olivia Even though we aren't close friends, you are an amazing person and you always laugh at my jokes in the Minetime discord :geek: You are such a good Helper and I hope you enjoy the time to come.
    @Sookarook Sook, even though we hit a wrong turn when you banned me for inappropriate builds, I really enjoy talking to you and I am glad that we have since resolved and are friends again. You're one of the only staff members who still actually talks to me.
    @3arc Devin, even though we no longer talk, I am so happy we were able to become close friends. I will never forget some of the memories we made together, and I'm sorry if anything I did hurt you. Thank you for helping me with terraforming my Skyblock island and keeping in touch with me for these past 3 years.
    @xKittenCatx Shelby, you are so amazingly nice to everyone you talk to, and I appreciate how nice you were to me when talking to me after I was demoted. You are so good at what you do and you should never change.
    @Snorlax Honestly I don't even know where to start with you. You are literally my best friend. It feels like we've been friends for such a long time, and you've done so much for me that I can't even express how much I appreciate you. The list goes on and on. I could literally write an essay just talking about everything you have done for me and how much we have been through together. I'm so happy that even though you are done with Minetime, we are still very close, and I can't wait to get our two pink hearts on Snapchat (#1 best friends for 2 months). I love you.

So...over 3000 words later, I guess this is it.
    Farewell, Minetime.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

Gonna miss you :( Thank you for everything you've done for this server.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kazu

Kazu Forum Enthusiast

:| Yoowy, I've always thought you were actually one of the best people on minetime despite me almost never talking to you, but you were kind and gentle to most, if not all people. I'm sorry I don't talk to you much, and I hope you come back every once in a while like I do. I'll miss you ;(! (Please dun leave)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

Goodbye, Yoowy.

Thank you so much for talking to me. You were so nice to me and I wanted to return the favor. You gave me so many tips that makes being a staff member so easy now. I also really enjoyed talking to you as well... I just wanted to make you feel better. I'm glad we became friends again and hopefully we can still talk on the Discord whenever you get the chance. I'll miss you lots, Yoowy :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tyler

Tyler Forum Fanatic

3000 words? Heck, you could have nearly completed my business plan for my business studies class that was due a few days ago...still yet to start.

Thanks for the note, man. BOL. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. PingPongGamer

PingPongGamer Former Builder

I just wanted to point out something about @Yoowy. After the reset, when I thanked him for his work, he was really humble about it, pointing out how the other staff worked much harder than him and didn't try to praise himself in front of the entire community about it.
    http://imgur.com/a/GeFg9 :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sir-Teabag

Sir-Teabag Forum Fanatic

You were probably one of the best staff members in my opinion. It's pathetic that's the reason you were demoted, without even a warning.

Thanks for everything you did as staff, many people appreciate it. Pile and Cyp are just little ᶠᵘᶜᵏʷⁱᵗᵗᵉᵈ poops

Message me on Discord if you ever need anything or wanna chat, assuming you still have it. TTT#2866

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sohal75

Sohal75 Forum Enthusiast

<3

me no sanke pls

and don't forget about the 2nd time either

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Olivia

Olivia Expert Member

I'm going to miss you Yoowy, even your terrible *cough* awesome jokes. Good luck for the future! <3

Remember the gum group chat You, Snorlax and I had? xD

• Like Like x 1
  10. zReborn

zReborn Dedicated Minetimer

No Yoowy gonna miss you Farewell my friend :( I hope you have a great future <3

Reborn

11. ExcitedShark

ExcitedShark Active Member

I'll miss you a lot <3 hope you have fun on your next adventure B

12. Realistic

Realistic Fake Builder

R.I.P will be missed

13. xBritish

xBritish Forum Enthusiast

We didn't get too talk in the 4 years a been here, but i knew that you was 1 of the best staff memebers. The servers suffering really bad. And demoting u was the worse choice it cud make. Anyways i see you later, good luck in the future. ;)

14. Istok

Premium

Thanks for your service and everything you've done for the server. Trust me, we all appreciate it, including the staff. I wish you great luck on your future endeavours and best wishes from me. Goodbye, you will be missed.

15. RaGe_QuItSz

RaGe_QuItSz Forum Enthusiast

Well, I did thankfully get unbanned!

Please stay in touch with me! I read this entire thread which is my daily accomplishment :)

16. Mikeyisover9000

Mikeyisover9000 Active Member

It seems we have lost yet another wonderful member of minetime.. Farewell, Yoowy.

17. Popmop

Popmop Server Poperator
    Administrator

I knew this day was gonna come eventually, Goodbye Yoowy! Your demotion was too soon as I've stated in previous convos with you, always remember what I said "you're the staff member minetime deserves, not the one that it needs" either way You'll always be a staff member I'll remember, I think you would've been great as an administrator even though you didn't get it. Either way good luck in life!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Popcorn84620

Popcorn84620 Forum Fanatic

I'm going to miss you (second best) Joey! I wish you the best of luck in life, where ever it takes you. You were always a great friend and someone I could rely on. Hopefully you'll still be on discord. :)

19. gwace

gwace Forum Enthusiast

bye :( u were my dankest friend!21

20. Xavier