Accepted Forwarded Helper Application.

Discussion in 'Accepted Staff Applications' started by Goat, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goat

Goat Forum Enthusiast

Preface:
    First, I would like to say thanks to everyone who reads this, because it means a lot to me. Please give me some constructive criticism, and tell me anything I can do to improve this,
    Being a helper would let me help people, while still having fun, which is what I love to do. I am active on the forums (Haven't been active in-game because school, but I'm getting started again), and I try to help where ever possible.

Your in-game name:
    SupremeDamage

What timezone are you in?
    GMT +1

What country do you live in?
    The Netherlands/Holland

What languages do you speak?
    I speak English and Dutch.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No :
    Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    Yes, I have Gyazo, Imgur, Dxtory, Camtasia and OBS.

Why do you think you should become a helper?

I believe I should become Helper because I'd like to help out the server in many different ways. I'd like to make this server fun to play on without anybody breaking the rules of any sorts, I would like to give the MineTime community a help in hand, I love the server and do almost everything I can to help it.
    I have found that I enjoy being staff on servers more than just playing as I like to help. I know how frustrating it can be for players to join a server and be overwhelmed and I would like to be there to help them on their journey through Minetime.
    Being a staff member is not all about getting the rule breakers, It's also about helping the community, being a fair, unbiased, communicative Player, whose helpful and can help new players/ player in trouble out. I wish to do that when I'm a staff member. I'll continuously monitor the help section or chat and help anyone in need. As well as being unbiased and active. I'll give tips and any guidance to new inexperienced players, or anyone who needs it and help the community grow and be safe.
    I am a team player and I can collaborate and co-operate with everyone nicely. I am an extremely hard worker, although I may joke around about being lazy, I am not. I am also incredibly persistent.
    Helping is something I've always been good at doing, whether it be around my house to help my family or to help my friends and other students. I'm also not a shy person, so I would not be faded at all with any question that people would happen to bring to my attention. With saying that, I would also like to say I strive on questions as I believe that they make me grow as a person and allow me to become better at a certain thing and quicker with response timings, which I also see as a key factor as I'm aware a lot of the time staff members will be rushed with questions.
    I would see this as a real life job and provide my best to proof you I am a good staff member.
    I am very well organized and proficient at staff duties and keeping logs of infractions/screenshots.
    I am helpful. I always do my best to help anyone out on a server if they have questions that I am able to answer. I know the staff gets busy and they do not always have the time to respond so I help where I can.

Traits

Honesty
    I am very honest with people in ways. Being honest can be hurtful as well. Some people can go too far in being honest with one another. I like being honest but I don't like taking it to far. Taking it to far can cause people to feel all bad and sad. Even though I am honest I don't like taking it to far. I like being direct to people if the person takes it too far in many ways. I like saying the truth instead of causing more lies that can cause more problems.

How could this trait help me as a helper? I think honesty could help me gain respect among the other staff members. I would never be inclined to lie about a situation which would help me straight up with my co-workers. This, would in turn, help the staff team run more effectively.

Equality
    I like being equal to others. I don't care what the race of the person is. I like treating everyone the same no matter what. No matter what religion or language the person speaks I like treating them the same. I respect the person no matter what they are or who they are. Being equal to a person is very good which makes the person feel right in this community. Also, in-game no matter what rank people have as well.I like treating every single person like if they were all the same.

How could this trait help as a helper? I think equality is needed for this position, everyone deserves the same punishments, doesn't matter if it's a friend of mine or if it has another religion or speaks another language.

Polite
    I like to think of myself as a polite person. I think it is quite important to be respectful to all your fellow community and staff members. Being polite will gain you respect which I value from my fellow players.

How could this trait help me as a helper? I believe players are more willing to listen to a staff member who is polite and relatable. This means I could leave a player feeling comfortable about the situation and we could resolve it peacefully from there.

Organized
    Whenever an issue comes to hand, I like to deal with it in an orderly fashion. People that are messy when they deal with things, tend to fail in their duty. When I need to help deal with something, that is the time when I put on my intelligence hat and organize a way to deal with the problem at hand.

How could this trait help me as a helper? I think being organized can save you a whole lot of time when coming to reports, ban appeals, questions, etc. Being organized means I can do something in a productive way.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Monday: 1-5 hours
    Tuesday: 1-5 hours
    Wednesday: 1-8 hours
    Thursday: 1-7 hours
    Friday: 1-14 hours
    Saturday: 1-15 hours
    Sunday: 1-15 hours

How long have you been playing Minetime?
    3 years.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    No, I've never been banned or punished.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator/helper?
    Yes, I've helped a lot of small servers with an amount of 10/60 people a day.
    I also know all basic command + most plugins.
    I know when to give out warnings, mute a player, when to start thinking about banning a player, and etc.. I would not directly ban/punish someone until I have clear enough evidence that proves he/she has broken a rule.
    I now hope to be able to moderate on Minetime, because it has been my favorite server for a long time, and never ceases to excite me.

If you have any other questions then don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards,
    Sam​

#1 Goat, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    • Like x 5
    • Supa Hot Fire x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Del

Del Forum Enthusiast

Son, you just wasted your time.
    I'mma give you a neutral, since you've put some effort into this.

3. Unflaws

Unflaws Forum Enthusiast

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. RealNickonator

Premium

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Olivia

Olivia Expert Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Surge

Surge Active Member

Support :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Cath

Cath Member

support

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Alyssa P.

Alyssa P. Notable Member

You applied... Congrats. No support.

Jk, jk. Best of luck, Samski.

#8 Alyssa P., Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2017
  9. Chipemunk

Chipemunk Expert Member

100% Support

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. NoNameIdea

NoNameIdea Member

Support, good luck! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. phoenix333999

phoenix333999 Dedicated Minetimer

As this is your 3rd attempt at helper i believe your not ready and i feel there is nothing unique here.

12. Goat

Goat Forum Enthusiast

Thank you! :D

13. Angel

Angel Expert Member

support!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Sookarook

Sookarook Expert Member

I honestly have no clue weather to go with neutral or support because I've seen you in-game and you haven't really been mature. I've seen you on the forums a lot, which is great. I also love the detail you put into your application, it is very easy to read. I wish you the best of luck!

15. Ken

Ken Dedicated Minetimer

Support . Also Can Ik your name in game? Cuz I don't remember seeing you anywhere .

#15 Ken, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Snorlax

Snorlax Forum Enthusiast

SupremeDamage

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Goat

Goat Forum Enthusiast

Thank you. :)

#17 Goat, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017